Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just found out about this.........Mind blown

Master of Shinobi

Now is it that way on the FC Twin, or just the 3 system clone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastardcat View Post
    CGR's review of the FC Twin is what convinced me to buy one. I was on the fence for a while. Let me tell ya, not a purchase that I'm regretting.
    I've pondered getting one as well, mainly for the s-video and perhaps to play a little Mario. So you like the system? Care to give your impressions of it?

Master of Shinobi

I must have an earlier version as it doesn't have S-video, just composite.
    The controllers that come with it are a little stiff until you play with them for a bit to break them in. No control issues, video glitches or or audio anomalies in any of the games I've played on it. My only complaint thus far is that the controller cords are a bit short.

I've tested the following SNES games on it:
    Alien vs. Predator
    Batman Returns
    Killer Instinct
    Mario Kart
    Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat II
    Robocop vs. The Terminator
    Street Fighter 2

I've got a couple of NES carts, but haven't tested them on it yet.

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Now is it that way on the FC Twin, or just the 3 system clone?
    It doesn't matter whether you use a clone or a real Super NES, the Super GameBoy will ALWAYS run too fast and have a higher-than-normal sound pitch. The clock signal being fed into the Super GameBoy's SOAC(the GameBoy uses an SOAC design with one chip doing everything, but with external RAM) is fed from within the Super GameBoy, and this clock signal is slightly faster than on a real GameBoy, so the only way to fix this is to remove the clock signal and replace it with a proper 4.194304MHz crystal. By default, the Super GameBoy runs at 4.295454MHz, making the sound pitch higher and making games faster.

I must have an earlier version as it doesn't have S-video, just composite.
    The FC Twin doesn't have S-Video out of the box, but because the Super NES side natively outputs RGB and gets it encoded to Composite and S-Video via a CXA1645 encoder, you can simply mod the FC Twin for S-Video the same way you can mod a Genesis with a CXA1645 for S-Video. It doesn't matter how old your FC Twin is, they all can output RGB and S-Video, though the earliest FC Twins with an NOAC that has reversed sound channel duties and a 3-chip Super NES clone chipset that has inaccurate colors in certain games use a CXA1145, resulting in very blurry video and a more complex S-Video mod(the ones with no Yobo branding on them).

The only Super NES clones with S-Video out of the box are the RetroDuo and RetroN3, but both have questionable picture quality. The picture is sharp, but on the RetroDuo, the S-Video is EXTREMELY dark and on the RetroN3, the S-Video is bright, and at times, a bit dull.

In general, though, since all Super NES clones output RGB natively, you can get S-Video and RGB off of all Super NES clones. Most of the time, since Composite inputs are common on TVs(more so than S-Video, as I've noticed many newer TVs have no S-Video inputs), clone console manufacturers don't bother adding S-Video and RGB outputs. I will say, though, that if they want to get more sales of their clones outside of North America, they should make the clones work in PAL and have a SCART output for RGB.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Thread Information