Quantcast

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: PS2 vs Game Cube graphics?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Proper AA does not remove details. Look at Gran Turismo 2 with Bleemcast. The signs look better on DC (even better than Gran Turismo 4 on PS2) because the DC has good AA.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

At this point I think SegaAMD is just trolling the shit out of all of us. lol
    05/05/15

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    At this point I think SegaAMD is just trolling the shit out of all of us. lol
    I understood, I will end the posts on this thread, I finish saying that what I wrote I wrote and it is all true, today people can deny it but later if someone comes to read they will know with all the letters that the PS2 is without a doubt more powerful than the console called Nintendo GameCube, and its specs and games and all the data I have shown show this.

Road Rasher

The PS2 version is lower res, significantly worse framerate, and this is a series that started as a PS2 exclusive. Just look at the sky as Cortez is crashing at the beginning.

Crash Bandicoot runs at 60fps on the PS2 and 2030fps on the GameCube. it means nothing. look all reduced particles, polygonal counting, worse IQ, no snowflakes, look for Crash Bandicoot wrath of cortex frame rate test in french on YT, xbox on the other hand runs nicely.

That said Timesplatters FP is in highter settings on ps2, look more closely.

so the frame rate is slightly lower, see below the video the software records the frames to show the averages which is what matters it's pretty much the same , the game is using adaptive vsync on both consoles so the ps2 sets at 30fps for more times

this occurs in all games except Sonic Heroes, games like need for speed, enter the matrix, Serious Sam, Street racing syndicate, cod fh, cod it self are considered to be more beautiful in the cube but have lower settings, less volumetric fog, no shadows, reduced characters in certain scenes, lower light effects during machine gun fire ect this is the reason why the GC runs some games with a few more frame rates .

Even games like RE4 (realize that Capcom had a contract with nintendo) runs with a resolution of 512x448 in the frame buffer, the cube at 640x480 but the bars aren't processed and reduce the final resolution to 640x278. frame rate is solid 30fps GC PS2 floats 45-30fps almost neve dips below 30. there is an exclusive effect during explosions , equal textures in 60% of the game, only 4 stages have big differences it's a game that needs to be played in progressive scan with a brightness of + 40 / + 50.
    Last edited by SegaAMD; Yesterday at 11:43 PM.

Do what Nancy says! Just say no to drugs!
    Last edited by gamevet; Yesterday at 11:51 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Gcn

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post

That said Timesplatters FP is in highter settings on ps2, look more closely.
    This is just total horseshit. lol
    Last edited by BonusKun; Today at 09:44 AM.
    05/05/15

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Wii U uses Gamecube CPU. Devil's Third looks better than any PS2 game. Therefore Gamecube is better than PS2! HAHA! I AM WINNAR!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

[

This is just total horseshit. lol
    That funny, because that video showed up on my YouTube suggest list. I ended up watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That funny, because that video showed up on my YouTube suggest list. I ended up watching it.
    Yeah I watched it also. The video was pretty unbiased which was a shocker but hey facts seems to be the thing SegaAMD's gonna ignore.
    05/05/15

F-Zero GX uses the Super Monkey Ball engine. The PS2 was struggling with SMB, so the idea that PS2 could run a roided up version of that engine with F-Zero GX seems rather silly.

Yeah I watched it also. The video was pretty unbiased which was a shocker but hey facts seems to be the thing SegaAMD's gonna ignore.
    I watched it too and the video is wrong, but it would be a mistake on my part not to point out the errors.

to be honest I don't like games without shadows, this brings me back to the PS1 generation, in the sixth generation when they need to cut shadows it is because unfortunately, lacked processing power, a bad tradeoff, I said.

he chose some versions because feature as Link in SC2 ok I already imagined. I only take graphics into consideration. said that.

First it's his lie that spider man 2 is better in the gamecube, the game has difficulty drawing textures, they don't have shadows in most of the game and the lighting is modified in some scenes, it's not only in spider man that the PS2 surpasses the GC but also in all open world games i'm not exaggerating . Some textures in some places looks batter on Cube but in general it loses aloso in this department, in this game specific game.

https://i.imgur.com/3DqKnm7.png

Rayman 3: PS2 has 16:9 and 480p GC has just 480i, it has diferent settings too, in fact GC has a better texture filtering, simple thing.

This game is very beautiful, Ubi has well explored the capabilities of each console.

''Meanwhile, GameCube looks distinctly better with better texture filtering and noticeably different art choices. There are just points where the artists did different things on GameCube. For example, the reflections on PS2 and Xbox are crystal clear and mirrored. On GameCube, you get more of that hazy effect. It comes down to personal preference, but it's one example of many where you see some different graphical choices.''

whoever reads what IGN wrote seems to make a big difference, there are several comparison videos and all versions look good, since this is a darkened game most of the time.

Tomb Raider Legend: it's definitely inferior in the GC, there is no shadows in main char during the entire game, massive cuts of animations and a blurry look similar to the image I posted from Dead To Rights, on the other hand when in water Lara gets wet due to the effect of GC shaders.

Dead To Rights: simply inferior, textures, lighting and detail, he mentioning this game in the video just makes the GC look silly IMO.

Beyond G and evil: First all 480p vs 480i, a sharper look and crisp textures, more particle effects, better draw distance, nice colors, Jade engine shines on ps2 pretty well.This games is very nice.

even IGN hated the PS2 and always did everything, to be placed as inferior, they lied in many head to head several times, in almost all games always trying to force the idea that the GC is on the same league as the xbox. was just advertising. See what they say:

''The PlayStation 2 has a really sharp, crisp display, but the lighter load on texture quality and much worse framerate makes it the most visually inferior. Over GameCube, however, it does support progressive scan, a rare treat for PS2 owners.''

it's their lie, textures in this game are also better on the PS2, the gamecube only has a better frame rate (which by itself is a good factor).

Need for speed: not even the frame rate is better, at the time we didn't know, there are several videos measuring FPS, note: no NFS is better in Cube.

Sonic Heroes: it's true, GC run a solid 60fps ps2 a solid 30fps, there are video measunring FPS.

Shadow the Hedgehog: yeh frame rate but washed look, texture and colors are a bit better on ps2 in this game.

Viewtfull joe is better on GC, even Havest moon and the first Tales, simples games.

killer 7: I did a complete comparison and basically they are different games, the ps2 version has slow loading times and that alone makes the GC version better, the PS2 version is sharper, has better textures, colors and particles, GC has more poly count on models, in the fight against the angel gamecube version presents a better model, transparency and bigger more particles, the ps2 version presents better the stage but a bad model of the angel without transparency and less particles at least it has shadows, but the result is uglier, in other states furniture is missing on ps2, GC has shadow on enemy ps2 has that circle shadow.

to summarize the GC version it is better to have less jaggies combined with the other things I mentioned, a pity that Blood + did not come out for the GC is from the same producer and has better graphics and better fps, but uses field rendering.

Resident evil 4 I already pointed out the differences between the versions, so as not to be repetitive, discovering recently why RE4 pushes less polygons, it does culling and only displays visible polygons was the quick solution for capcom to port the game, the xbox also does it in several games, according to the benchmarks it does double the polygon of the PS2, games like Just cause is massive in polygon but does culling too.

Timesplatters 2: IMO it's pretty much the same, ps2 vs GC I choose PS2 version https://youtu.be/Bk_8Nfri6Cw?t=485

Monkey Ball: yeh GC is better here, PS2 and xbox have Super monkey: Deluxe that combines some stages of super monkey ball 1 and 2, I made some comparisons, unfortunately there are few stages in common, most have been modified, the ps2 version behaves well in the fire scenario has more particles however the vibrant color of the lava in the GC looks better, in the submerged ship stage the PS2 version needed cutting in some texture and doesn't exhibit the light effect on the floor.

it is said to be 30fps on PS2 60fps GC/xb, honestly someone at SEGA hated the PS2 since only their games have advantages in GC without any disadvantage, xbox looks like GC, ironically in Super monkey ball adventures (an action game Traveler Tales) the PS2 version looks better.

smugglers run: a later port (as the first Burnout game) missing specular light, stages was modified, sigh, as the usual, reducing FOV, draw distance and cutting visual elements, foliage and textures, on the orther habd improved some points.

Meteal Arms: looks better on GCN, frame rate averages 44fps, despite being darkened in some scene, ps2 has jaggies, only 30fps with frame drop, very bad, I think the only positive point is that in an explosion scene the PS2 version dropped to 13fps and in the same scene the GC dropped to 11fps, on the same channel as Time splatters FP above, the lowest fps measured.

Dragon Ball GC is 512x224 lol at 30fps PS2 is same res at 60fps field rendering, see the diference: models GC is cel shading ps2 polygons, shadows: GC has shadows PS2 circle and aliasing: PS2 very jaggie. I couldn't say which one is better, maybe the GC version looks better.

winning eleve 6: ''6'' : (

Fight Night 2: I desagree

soul calibur 2: he preferred GC only because of Link, graphically it is similar to the PS2 version, only XB stands out here.

I cover 18 games, i think skipped some. :confuso:
    Last edited by SegaAMD; Today at 09:57 PM.

Resident Evil 4 on the PS3 was a port of the PS2 version. I was not too happy about purchasing that. The GC version was a far superior game.

I'll test Beyond Good and Evil, to see if I can force the PS2 version into doing 480p.

Thread Information