Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PCEngineFX Forums down indefinitely.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Default PCEngineFX Forums down indefinitely.

I was checking up on a thread I was following over at PCEFX and got a wrong page message for all of the links I had. I followed the forums link through the main page and now see this message:

11/13/11 - Sorry everyone, but the forums are down for the foreseeable future. Don't know when they will be back up

I agree with the sad face, what the heck?!
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

What the heck indeed ? Why doesn't he know when they'll be back up?

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

$100 says this will be the latest reason "mysterious song" doesn't ship. lol

I don't know why people are so interested in that game, monolith however, now there's a game that has sparked my interest.

PunkicCyborg Road Rasher ELabit's Avatar

This is very sad for people in the retro gaming community, I hope all returns to normal soon

I Agree. this totally sucks. Hopefully the PCEngineFX forums are up and running again soon

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

This sucks, I was just on there last night getting help with my TG16 RGB mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

The Sega Genesis is better anyway. Clearly this was intended to happen in Raul's great wisdom, so that the love of Genesis may reach more lost souls.

(In all seriousness though, hope to see PCEngineFX back up soon, even if I don't go there)

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

Would Joe know why? Isn't he a mod there?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    Would Joe know why? Isn't he a mod there?
    I don't know who the mods there are, but he is definitely on that site (as am I, but not posting as much). A few of the frequent members also hang out at the Neo Geo forums. Of course lots are spread throughout the other usual retro gaming forums, including this one. Totally SUCKS though, especially for those in the middle of transactions if they haven't gotten all the info from the other person! Unless this was a technical issue, this was pretty irresponsible of the owner of the site IMO. There could have been a warning of a few days at least.

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Sure hope they get PCEngineFX back up, it's a great site.

PCEFX suffered an attack similar to attacks suffered by SEGA-16 earlier this year. The host pulled the plug on the forum side of things since the attack happened by exploiting a security hole in that side of things. The host is still willing to host the site but has demanded a restructuring.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

These hackers have gone way overboard with the forum hacking. They aren't just hurting rotten a-hole companies, they're going after gamers as well. I bet they're flying under the FBI's radar too.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Thanks for the info Joe! I hope that the message box stuff isn't lost though, I'm not sure if I've got another copy of the info for who my Secret Santa is on there. Does anyone have Necromancer's contact information?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Calling them hackers is an offence to every real hacker out there. They're script kiddies looking for easy targets.

Thread Information