Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sega Virtua Processor

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Thank you Chilly and Kitty for all the info, but again what specific Atari Computer is running it ? 400, 800, XL, XE ?
    Any XL or XE with at least 64KB of ram. Most homebrew on the A8 line is aimed at XL or XE with 64KB, and some require 128KB. 64KB XLs and XEs were the most sold A8 consoles out, with 128KB XLs and XEs being next. There tends to be little support for the old 16KB Atari 400 or 48KB Atari 800 as those systems tend to be collectors pieces. If you have a 400/800 modified for XL 64KB ram (Mosaic had a 64KB ram expansion that allowed that), then you could run stuff meant for the 800XL on it.

Banned by Administrators

Ah thank you Chilly.

Ah thank you Chilly.
    I suppose you've seen the "recent" (2011) A8 conversion of Space Harrier? The last flash cart flashing ATR disk image is here. It needs the 8Mbit flash cart (the game is about 900KB or so) from AtariMax.

Stage 1

Banned by Administrators

I think I saw that when you guys were talking about 8 bit stuff in blast processing, wasn't this coded by a fan of sh and 8 bit computers in his basement ? Very impressive tbh.

I think I saw that when you guys were talking about 8 bit stuff in blast processing, wasn't this coded by a fan of sh and 8 bit computers in his basement ? Very impressive tbh.
    Yeah, he did an awesome job, and then he released the code as well. So if someone else wanted to work on a SH type game, they have a base to work from.

Banned by Administrators

That was awesome of him. I really like homebrew stuff, especially when it's so impressive for the system it's on. That's why I call people like him, you, stef and others "4th Party" / indy developers.

Thread Information