Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games with Epic box art!

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Newguy, Yeah, I don't think any of these are particularly great. I'm just posting stuff that I think looks comparable to the rest, and somethings like the Shinobi box that captured my imagination back in the day.

This one had me scouring town until I found the only copy available.

"... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

I always liked the cover art for Ghouls 'N Ghosts! I think it captures the game perfectly:

The other cover art I admire is that of Mega Turrican. The artist did such a great job on this cover:
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    Newguy, Yeah, I don't think any of these are particularly great. I'm just posting stuff that I think looks comparable to the rest, and somethings like the Shinobi box that captured my imagination back in the day.
    Did you ever see this thread I made ages ago?

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-System-Boxart

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I take it no one has yet posted the Sega CD and Saturn Working Designs overseas ports because they're obvious. But I will anyways. These are amongst the most appealing box arts.

But first, I gotta share Revengers of Vengeance: Mediocre title, Epic Box Art!

and now for some Working Designs epicness:

Quote Originally Posted by Thenewguy View Post
    Did you ever see this thread I made ages ago?

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-System-Boxart
    I think I did see that thread. It would have been interesting if the US boxes were more like that, but I always liked the Master System and early Genesis grid designs. Some of those Mark III box art designs would have been way too Japanese for the US at the time. I always liked that Shinobi art though, I think it is the same on the PCE HuCard.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I take it no one has yet posted the Sega CD and Saturn Working Designs overseas ports because they're obvious. But I will anyways. These are amongst the most appealing box arts.

But first, I gotta share Revengers of Vengeance: Mediocre title, Epic Box Art!

and now for some Working Designs epicness:

Whenever I see that box art I think of this:

Whenever I see that box art I think of this:
    Nice! And I haven't even played the games yet. That song was epic all by itself .

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Epic you say...

or

Are there any games based on The Iliad?

I think I did see that thread. It would have been interesting if the US boxes were more like that, but I always liked the Master System and early Genesis grid designs. Some of those Mark III box art designs would have been way too Japanese for the US at the time. I always liked that Shinobi art though, I think it is the same on the PCE HuCard.
    Yeah, but I think some of the early covers were so bad for the west that there'd might as well have gone with the original whether it was too Japanese or not (Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Wonder Boy).

I do like some of the western SMS boxes though, I think I prefer our Phantasy Star box to their's to be honest, in fact I think thats the only Phantasy Star game with box art I actually like (from the original series)

Looks like another server that blocks links, I can't imagine why they bother with that today.

Forgotten Worlds:
    http://www.jap-sai.com/Games/Lost_Worlds/Lost_Worlds_Art_01_a.jpg

Last edited by sheath; 04-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

QuickSciFi might like this one. It's for the C64.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

@ Sheath: I can't see your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Are there any games based on The Iliad?
    Same question

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    @ Sheath: I can't see your last post.

Same question
    Fixed it, and no I don't think there is a game based on any real epic, much less the classics.

Dude, once again, if I could rep you I would. Forgotten Worlds is Epic on its own, as no one can defeat anyone with just a paramecium.

as for no games based on real epics, this must be rectified immediately!

Thread Information