Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing after producted by or under licence by sega

Road Rasher

I took some closeups of the chip and it appears to me that they are not shorted Here are the close up pictures:
    http://postimage.org/gallery/iaszy20/fe50894f/
    Also I am using the rf adapter I don't think it is an official oneIMG_8973.JPG
    And you guys are right I should not give up on this one.

Try wiggling the RF cable where it meets the AV connector slightly when it's turned on. When I found out that was the case with mine I realized if it was in a specific sweet spot the game would continue to boot normally. If you have an AV cable try that instead.

Road Rasher

I made my own av cable with a few jumper wires and it still has the black screen of death.

Are you sure the AV cable works? Do you have another system to test it on?

Road Rasher

With the new cable setup it still displays the produced by or under license by sega on my tv capture card and I tested it with a plug and play game and the plug and play game worked perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by sega16 View Post
    With the new cable setup it still displays the produced by or under license by sega on my tv capture card and I tested it with a plug and play game and the plug and play game worked perfect.
    The plug and play uses the same AV Out port as a model 2 Genesis?

Road Rasher

No but I am able to get video output from my genesis like I said above it still just hangs after the tmss message.
    Edit:You know that all I did was plug the composite out from the genesis into a composite cable using a jumper wire and doing the same for ground.

Try an actual composite AV cable. That set up sounds like it still might cause a short somewhere or might not be entirely reliable.

And did you try gently wiggling the RF adapter cable and see if you could get it to properly boot? With mine it was a lot like when cheap headphone's are dying and you can still get sound if you bend or move the cable in some weird way near the connector.

Road Rasher

I tried wiggling it still no luck.

If he's getting a picture, it's unlikely that the AV cable is the cause of the problem. Where are you located? What would it cost to send the Genesis up here? I wouldn't mind opening it up and preparing a failure analysis. It would be a good idea for us to have a more formal list of common failure points.

Road Rasher

You know I believe I have the technology to do a failure analysis right here and as I am not in Canada (usa) I think it might be a bit much to send it all the way over there and that reminds me of what I forgot to do: measure all the pins.IMG_8977.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jax184 View Post
    If he's getting a picture, it's unlikely that the AV cable is the cause of the problem. Where are you located? What would it cost to send the Genesis up here? I wouldn't mind opening it up and preparing a failure analysis. It would be a good idea for us to have a more formal list of common failure points.
    When my RF adapter was going bad, I got the TMSS screen too, then a black screen. Switching from the RF adapter to an AV cable fixed the issue for me. Basically there was either a short or something in the RF adapter that was making the system crash after the TMSS screen. If I wiggled the cable or held it at just the right spot it would boot normally, but the second I let go the system would crash.

Road Rasher

The genesis came so now I know it is the system is bad and not the games because the games work just fine.

Same AV cables too?

Road Rasher

I used the new and the old rf cable and they both work.

Thread Information