Quantcast

Thread: Thunder Force 3 Music

Default Thunder Force 3 Music

I know everyone has their favorite when it comes to game music; I've never been one to get into game music, but when playing TF3 today, I noticed how much more tension filled the game was because of the music.

I thought about it and can't think of another Genny game that has such adrenalin-inducing music in it. All the tracks are good, and help put you on the edge of your seat. It's rare that I notice game music for positive reasons (it's all too common that the in-game music just annoys me), but this is an exception.

There are a few other games whose music I like, but while I enjoy the tunes, they do not add directly to my gaming experience other than providing a pleasant background. TF3's music really adds to the experience by heightening my mood. It's like good driving music that makes you go faster without even realizing it.

Anyone else think this is the best "adrenalin track" in the Genesis library? If not, what tops it?

Yeah the music is pretty awesome in that game, I agree. And it's something I've always noticed, even when it was new. If you compare it to the SNES version there is no comparing - the Genesis wins hands down. It's loud and crystal clear.

I think for adrenaline inducing music Thunder Force IV (aka Lightening Force) tops it a bit with it's electronic heavy metal riffs.
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Revenge of Shinobi and the Streets of Rage and Golden Axe games spring to mind, but I think I have a similar experience with most (Japanese) Mega Drive games. Sometimes I am having trouble focusing on the games because of the music.

Warsong.
    Be Attitude For Gains!

Let's Go Away Master of Shinobi kokujin's Avatar

SoR 3, Contra HC, and most definitely Batman and Robin.

Less talk more action!

Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar

I loved the TF3 music. Not sure what other games would be quite like it that I can think of off the top of my head that have not already been mentioned (Streets of Rage in particular). Although I did love the Master of Monsters music too, but def not the same type.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

PSIV is one game where I often stop playing just to listen to the music. It's also the only game that I use headphones with. I don't have a model 1, but a VA4 model 2, so I use my TV's headphone jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Let's Go Away Master of Shinobi kokujin's Avatar

Funny in a thread about Thunderforce I forgot about TFIV,that game has some of the coolest rock music ever made, regardless of medium.

Less talk more action!

Thread Information