Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Crossroads of Time

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Default Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Crossroads of Time

Does anyone have any impressions on this game? I know it has a review on Sega-16, and the guy gave it a 3. But I noticed it has a couple of positive reviews on GameFAQs and they report EGM as having given it a 7. It was also developed by Novotrade, and I like them.

I have played the TNG game and I thought it was pretty mediocre, but this isn't the same developer and it looks like the gameplay isn't the same at all.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

It's junk.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

^Lol.

I myself have been hoping to hit the Star Trek games one day, but they do fall in a subcategory of strategy gaming for which I've yet to find a name. They are akin to games like Starflight and Star Control. I think they'll be the kind of games I'll enjoy most when I'm older.

King of the Ring WCPO Agent ThugsRook's Avatar

^DS9 is an adventure/platformer.

its an OK game.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

sounds fun.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

It's junk. Awkward controls, dodgy collision and all you do is run from one point of a level, collect something and return it to another part of the level, multiple times. But don't take my word for it:

Wildside Expert

Haven't tried it but I am probably the only one who enjoyed Star Trek on the 32X. So I guess that doesn't help either.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I had something resembling fun playing the Next Generation game, though as a kid I think I enjoyed reading the library computer more than actually playing the game.

My only experience with the DS9 game was back in the day. I rented it once, didn't know what to do, and never revisited it.

I reviewed Starfleet Academy for the 32X on this site. In retrospect I think I was pretty mean to it. It's not really that horrible it's just not good either. I think I was mostly annoyed that the 32X could've done so much more than just give us a modified port of the SNES game. The pool minigame is really awesome though.
    Last edited by Obviously; 06-20-2012 at 10:58 PM.

That guy in the video Jackal posted seems to have a chip on his shoulder against Genesis.

So then, are there any worthwhile Star Trek games on any consoles?

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

NecroVMX is pretty harsh on the Genesis. I tried to get him into a few games on the console a couple years back but generally he's more into the SNES and is usually ragging on the Genesis sound and graphics in his videos.

Personally I enjoyed 25th Anniversary for the NES. I thought it was a passable adventure game though it has you do some really obscure things to solve puzzles so it's not quite a good game. The PC version also completely demolishes it quality-wise.

Elite Force was on PS2 but that's a PC port. I don't know how it stands up on the console.

There's not much else that's really noteworthy. Unfortunately if you're a Star Trek fan the PC is really the place to be.

There's a third person shooter based in the new movie universe coming out next year. Can't say I'm that excited about that though.
    Last edited by Obviously; 06-20-2012 at 11:12 PM.

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    So then, are there any worthwhile Star Trek games on any consoles?
    Not really. Star Trek, sadly is cursed when it comes to video games. Actually, that DS9 game is probably the best of the bunch. I'm not saying it's great, but it's OK. It picks up a lot after about an hour of play when you get to fly around in the shuttle and it's something of a SHMUP... kind of...
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Star Trek: Invasion for PSX is meant to be good. Haven't played it myself, but I remember hearing good things about it when it came out.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

It's cool, but he Star Trek license on it really seems like an afterthought. IDK maybe it's just me but it really seems like they took a generic 3d shooter and just made it Star Trek themed. It is pretty fun though.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Wildside Expert

Wasn't there a release for the early computers and the Vectrex?

I always though "Star Trek: 25th Anniversary" for the Game Boy was an ok game... Not great, but pretty decent. I particularly liked choosing your path through space, determining which hazards to tackle and which to avoid. The away party-missions were basic hide-and-seek-routines, but they had a few neat ideas (like the cloning machines that constantly produced copies of your team, which you couldn't should without hurting yourself). Never played the NES-version, though I heard it shared a similar mechanic with more puzzles and an entirely different story.

There also was a pretty good Point & Click-Adventure by the same name released for PC, Mac and Amiga home computers. That one's probably the best Star Trek game out there.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Thread Information