Quantcast

Thread: Need some advice on this...ebay problem

Genesis STILL does! Outrunner runback22's Avatar

Default Need some advice on this...ebay problem

My first ebay problem and i dont know what to do. I bought an Snes and it was out for delivery today. We have the neighborhood mailboxes where packages are left and the key is put in our locked mail box. Last week, usps left a package at my door and not in the lockbox for some reason.

The snes shows being delivered but there was nothing in my mail box. Im afraid the idiot mail man left the package at my door and it was stolen. There were 4 ad flyers left at my door today and im afraid that person saw it and took it.

Now what? Do i file a claim with paypal? I feel bad because the seller is reputable but i dont want to be out $50 either. I filed a claim with usps but im sure nothing will happen. I need advice from someone whos been through this.

Thanks

[/url]

King of the Ring WCPO Agent ThugsRook's Avatar

give it ample time (whatever ebay says is long enough), then claim a "did not recieve item" complaint.

read ebay the policys so you know what your rights are.

oh, and dont mention that you "think" anything, you just didnt get it, period.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Get a hold of your local post office, well go down its easier. Sometimes they bring things back though usually they leave one of those little pink slips if they do.

Its now showing delivered....except i still dont have it

[/url]

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I know I'm not helping, but I'd probably be flipping a lid right now if I were in your position. If the seller provided a tracking number, then I'm not sure what you can do. Try going after the post office, but it's out of the seller's hands now.

Yeah paypal just told me im SOL.....i read online how some people have had the same issue and had it delivered the next day. The package arrives after the carrier has left and it gets marked out for delivery and delivered even though it wasnt. I did find it odd that it did get updated late morning that it arrived in town. Im hoping this is the case for me

[/url]

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

USPS tracking isn't all that efficient. I wouldn't start worrying for at least a couple of days.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

I have to call at 8am to speak to a supervisor before the carriers go out. Considering that I'm always getting my neighbors credit card statements, I'm willing to bet the moron put the key to the lock box in the wrong mail box. Its funny, the US Govt can figure out how to keep the PO from bleeding money, yet its pretty obvious. Employees who dont care, zero customer service, and if they screw up, your the one screwed with no sweat off their back...

[/url]

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by runback22 View Post
    My first ebay problem and i dont know what to do. I bought an Snes and it was out for delivery today. We have the neighborhood mailboxes where packages are left and the key is put in our locked mail box. Last week, usps left a package at my door and not in the lockbox for some reason.

The snes shows being delivered but there was nothing in my mail box. Im afraid the idiot mail man left the package at my door and it was stolen. There were 4 ad flyers left at my door today and im afraid that person saw it and took it.

Now what? Do i file a claim with paypal? I feel bad because the seller is reputable but i dont want to be out $50 either. I filed a claim with usps but im sure nothing will happen. I need advice from someone whos been through this.

Thanks
    Find out who was responsible for delivering the flyers in your area, track the person down, and slit his throat. Simple

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

The USPS just seems to be getting worse and worse on this in my opinion, that's why I have my packages shipped to work so that I don't have to worry about them leaving packages outside to get stolen. A guy I know from another forum just had a Neo Geo CD "disappear" on him after it was delivered, not a fun prospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I called the PO this morning and was able to speak to the carrier for my neighborhood. I know its quick to judge, but in those 3 minutes, i think its safe to say this man is a moron. He asked if I was sure there wasnt a key in my mailbox. Told him twice there was absolutely nothing in the mailbox. I asked if he remembered dropping off any packages at a door and he said no that it should be in the lock box. I asked him to check to see if it was still in the lock box and he put the key in the wrong mail box. He asked again if I was sure there wasnt a key in my mailbox. Finally told him, unless my key opens up every mailbox there, I opened the right one, the same one i've been opening for 7 years.

Maybe if i'm lucky, that resident didnt check their mail and my package is still sitting there. But....i'm not that lucky so i'm counting this as a loss....and if it shows, it will be a great surprise....stupid USPS, no wonder they're hemorrhaging money

[/url]

Well it arrived. 2 days after it said it was delivered. Talk about service!

[/url]

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Yeah, I've had that happen before. I'd just be grateful it isn't gone, as that is a horrible feeling. I try to avoid that by giving all postal services a 48 hour window of error.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

Awesome - it's nice when things turn out in your favor. I can share your pain, too - for the most part, my courier is pretty efficient, and even knows me personally because I'm always getting packages in the mail. However, she tends to either take a day off here and there, or is sent to another route, and I get some of the dumbest couriers in existence. They misdliver mail like its going out of style. One such item was my 4M Saturn cart that I spent about 30 bucks on after shipping. The tracking number showed up as delivered, but I never got it. So I called the local post office, they claimed they didn't have it, and the regional supervisor was then involved in the "recovery" process, which consisted of him calling me and saying, "The package shows as delivered, so it was delivered." I was pissed and thought I was out the 30, but luckily one of my neighbors got the package and left it for me on my doorstep no more than 24 hours later...

Banned by Administrators

Ebay is one of the best online store to buy anything in cheapest rate and in faster way. If you have some problems related to shopping from eBay then you should complaint for that.

Thread Information