Quantcast

Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164
Results 2,446 to 2,455 of 2455

Thread: Perpetual Movie Thread/What was the last movie you watched?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Jacob's Ladder. My god, what a movie. Fantastic film. Been putting off watching it for years. Only gripe I have with the film is the ending should've been kept open-ended imo. Kinda deflates some of the mystery/interpretation of the film..
    Last edited by The Jackal; 05-10-2022 at 10:59 AM.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

The Batman

The grittier and darker they make Batman films the less sense it makes to me of a guy dressed as a bat. Why I feel the 90s TAS and Burton films hit that balance of dark/brooding but still with style and a comic book.

Also watched both Burton films.
    Shazam.
    Godzilla vs Kong
    Blade Runner
    Blade Runner 2049
    Ghost in the Shell 1995/2017
    Demolition Man
    Joker

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Watched 1988's The Blob. I laughed myself silly through this one. I didn't know that it bombed in the theaters. Bad timing when it was released. I thought the practical special effects were well done.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

The Last House on the Left (1972).

Watched the "Uncut Canadian Version" on VHS.

Notable for kicking off the careers of Wes Craven and Sean Cunningham. Notorious back in the day for its depiction of violence/rape/revenge. One of the original "video nasties". Kinda tame by today's standards though.

Quite an oddball mixture. Itís not completely a horror, not completely a drama, has loads of black comedy in it. Watchable more as a curiosity nowadays, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Waiting for a Robocop vs Chopping Mall.
    Last edited by Fozzy; 05-28-2022 at 11:49 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Just watched Lavalantula.
    Haven't been surprised like that since watching Tremors the first time. Good show. Gonna watch the sequel next.

Watched Gamera the Brave two nights ago. It was ok. My sons enjoyed it thoroughly, being that it was made to be catered towards their age group.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

We saw Top Gun: Maverick about 2 weeks ago. The movie was a fun watch, but I was quite disappointed with the theater experience. I decided to buy us tickets on the lower front row, right above the handicap row. I did that so my wife (5'-6") wouldn't have someone's head blocking her view and we wouldn't have to worry about pushing through the row, if we needed to use the bathroom. Well, the seats were reclining (which was nice) and distance between rows was much farther than the last time we'd went to our local theater. I guess they redid all of the seating, during the lockdowns. My disappointment started, after I'd noticed that the image was quite dark. It appeared that the project's bulb was probably reaching its end cycle, or the 4k/5K image was was being blown up (it didn't look good in brighter scenes) for the grand screen. It was actually as dark as the advertising projector, which is just a cheap projector (I did a network rollout for Regal Theaters in 2012-2013), and I was used to the ads being dark. It got worse, because the speaker to the left of us sounded like it was blown out, or it wasn't receiving a good signal, because of the way some surround setups work. We constantly got a weak crackling sound from the speaker during the jet fighter scenes and it was really annoying.

Maybe next time I'll get seats in the center of the theater and skip the Grand Screen.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Saw 1955's It Came From Beneath The Sea, in color. Good effects, acting ok, decent Giant monster movie. However, I wasn't a fan of actress Faith Domergue. Its like you could obviously tell she was acting, which didn't help her character develop at all during the film. And, what can I say, she was weird looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    The Last House on the Left (1972).

Watched the "Uncut Canadian Version" on VHS.

Notable for kicking off the careers of Wes Craven and Sean Cunningham. Notorious back in the day for its depiction of violence/rape/revenge. One of the original "video nasties". Kinda tame by today's standards though.

Quite an oddball mixture. Itís not completely a horror, not completely a drama, has loads of black comedy in it. Watchable more as a curiosity nowadays, IMO.
    Arrow released a three disc Blu Ray set that is well done. Three different cuts, tons of extras, etc..., it's worth a purchase for anyone heavy into horror or exploitation. The price has been increasing as supposedly it is OOP.

Edit: House of Gucci

Driver seems to be a decent actor and played his role quite well based on what I know about the story. The gaga chick though? Terrible actress. Irons was solid but Pacino needs to hang it up.
    Last edited by JCU; 07-18-2022 at 07:33 PM.

Thread Information