Quantcast

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Oh, good -- I'd been thinking about it too, as I've played that game a fair amount, but didn't really relish the task. You may find this information helpful:

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...l=1#post670183

Whatever the overall merits of the game, the Genesis version is the better of the two -- the SNES game is really dumbed-down by comparison -- so at least it's not just a trashy SNES-to-Genesis "downport" [sic!] hack job.
    Huh, didn't really think about doing a side-by-side; I just breezed through the Genesis version and figured I might as well do a review while the memory was still fresh. But I figured you'd already have the game in your viewscreen, considering you beat it for the "can Sega-16 beat all the Genesis games" thread before .

These days I hardly plan my reviews much in advance since I never know when I'll find the time to play a game properly, let alone write about it. It just so happened that Chester Cheetah was done with so quickly that I figured I might as well crank out a quick review as well.

Checking the master list real quick, I also see that there's a Mega CD review for Puggsy, but none for the cart version... I feel someone should rectify that. It's been ages since I tried playing that game though...
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Oh, I didn't expect you to a side-by-side or anything -- just figured it was possible that some of the information there might be useful. You do you.

Outside of the games that were reviewed by one guy and had their reviews pulled (e.g. Gain Ground), Puggsy is probably the weirdest absence from our completed list. It'll be good to see that knocked out.

Trying to decide what to work on next -- maybe Itchy & Scratchy since that's long overdue. I might take care of Gain Ground, actually, since I know that game very well. I kinda want to play through an untranslated Mega Drive or Mega CD game with my phone translating.

Master of Shinobi

Phantar you can remove Power Drive as it is published.

Goldenband if you are undecided on what to review next, may I suggest this :

0 Star Cruiser JAP (fan translated)
    1 Twinkle Tale
    2 Gain Ground
    3 Puggsy
    4 Spirou PAL
    5 F1 PAL
    6 Striker PAL
    7 Tintin PAL
    8 Captain Planet PAL
    9 Metal Fangs JAP
    10 Madou Monogatari JAP (fan translated) Puyo Puyo is a spin-off of this game
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't see myself tackling F1 or Striker, and I think a lot of the PAL games would be better served by someone who can play them on real hardware at their intended speed. And Puggsy is Phantar's target, so I wouldn't poach that.

But I'd say a Gain Ground review from me is pretty likely, and Star Cruiser or Madou Monogatari aren't out of the realm of possibility. That said I'd kind of like to see if my phone is good enough to get me through After Armageddon Gaiden.

I've also checked out Spirou and Captain Planet, though I've haven't really had more than a superficial glance at those games - so if anyone else would like to review them, I certainly wouldn't mind.

Metal Fangs is a special case. I've tried playing it years ago (I was intrigued by the blatant ripp-offs of early 90s pop stars for the character portraits), but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It looks like a racing game, but it seems more akin to some kind of race management, and the controls are so obtuse that most of the time you can't be sure that they are doing anything at all. If anyone could try and make sense of the game, I really would love to hear about it.
    Last edited by Phantar; 11-24-2020 at 05:05 AM.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Thread Information