Quantcast

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Oh, good -- I'd been thinking about it too, as I've played that game a fair amount, but didn't really relish the task. You may find this information helpful:

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...l=1#post670183

Whatever the overall merits of the game, the Genesis version is the better of the two -- the SNES game is really dumbed-down by comparison -- so at least it's not just a trashy SNES-to-Genesis "downport" [sic!] hack job.
    Huh, didn't really think about doing a side-by-side; I just breezed through the Genesis version and figured I might as well do a review while the memory was still fresh. But I figured you'd already have the game in your viewscreen, considering you beat it for the "can Sega-16 beat all the Genesis games" thread before .

These days I hardly plan my reviews much in advance since I never know when I'll find the time to play a game properly, let alone write about it. It just so happened that Chester Cheetah was done with so quickly that I figured I might as well crank out a quick review as well.

Checking the master list real quick, I also see that there's a Mega CD review for Puggsy, but none for the cart version... I feel someone should rectify that. It's been ages since I tried playing that game though...
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Oh, I didn't expect you to a side-by-side or anything -- just figured it was possible that some of the information there might be useful. You do you.

Outside of the games that were reviewed by one guy and had their reviews pulled (e.g. Gain Ground), Puggsy is probably the weirdest absence from our completed list. It'll be good to see that knocked out.

Trying to decide what to work on next -- maybe Itchy & Scratchy since that's long overdue. I might take care of Gain Ground, actually, since I know that game very well. I kinda want to play through an untranslated Mega Drive or Mega CD game with my phone translating.

Master of Shinobi

If someone is undecided on what to review next, may I suggest this :

0 Demons of Asteborg (French homebrew 2021 biggest game ever @ 117 MEG)
    1 Darius (either MD/G Mini 2019 or Extra cartridge version 2020, biggest shmup @ 32 MEG) > claimed by Barone
    2 Gain Ground
    3 Puggsy
    4 Spirou (PAL exclusive)
    5 F1: World Championship Edition (PAL exclusive)
    6 Bahamut Senki JAP (fan translated)
    7 Star Cruiser JAP (fan translated)
    8 Captain Planet PAL
    9 Metal Fangs JAP
    10 Madou Monogatari JAP (fan translated) Puyo Puyo dungeon crawler spin-off, last published Japanese game, great graphics
    11 Team USA Basketball (not NBA but national squads including the original Dream Team)

EDIT: updated on September 1st
    Last edited by chilled; 09-12-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't see myself tackling F1 or Striker, and I think a lot of the PAL games would be better served by someone who can play them on real hardware at their intended speed. And Puggsy is Phantar's target, so I wouldn't poach that.

But I'd say a Gain Ground review from me is pretty likely, and Star Cruiser or Madou Monogatari aren't out of the realm of possibility. That said I'd kind of like to see if my phone is good enough to get me through After Armageddon Gaiden.

I've also checked out Spirou and Captain Planet, though I've haven't really had more than a superficial glance at those games - so if anyone else would like to review them, I certainly wouldn't mind.

Metal Fangs is a special case. I've tried playing it years ago (I was intrigued by the blatant ripp-offs of early 90s pop stars for the character portraits), but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It looks like a racing game, but it seems more akin to some kind of race management, and the controls are so obtuse that most of the time you can't be sure that they are doing anything at all. If anyone could try and make sense of the game, I really would love to hear about it.
    Last edited by Phantar; 11-24-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

I'd like to tackle Twinkle Tale.

While I've written for Sega16.com in the past, it's been... 14 years, I think? I know the Review Manifest but is there any rule concerning word or character amount?

Nope. There's no minimum word count or anything like that.

Ok, thank you. I'll get to it, then!

By the by, was there a specific email for review submissions?

Master of Shinobi

No one is tempted to do DARIUS, either MD mini or Extra version (which just seems to have minor gameplay tweaks and improved sfx/music) ?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Ribeiro View Post
    By the by, was there a specific email for review submissions?
    You can use the contact form on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    You can use the contact form on the site.
    Ok, I'll send it through there

Did anyone buy Demons of Asterborg? My copy hasn't arrived yet so I can't review it.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Did anyone buy Demons of Asterborg? My copy hasn't arrived yet so I can't review it.
    Yes I did, but they seem to be honoring backers first. The rom is circulating everywhere though. They did send it to the buyers themselves (I got rev01 aka v1.1). It works on blastem once you hex edit the header to change what is guess is the mapper pointer (?) from DOA to SSF.

My English is not good enough to do a review, though. There are already some video reviews on YT

Thread Information