Quantcast

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

Master of Shinobi

Also Tetris 2019 then?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Darius from the MD mini should be added. It runs perfectly on a stock console.
    I'm already seeing boots of it from China, though no idea if they're the same game from the mini or something else.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Also Tetris 2019 then?
    Are there any difference between it and the original? We don't have a review for either, and I haven't played 2019.

Master of Shinobi

Yes there are, though minor like in Klax or Marble Madness. From a programmer POW they are different games though
    https://tetris.wiki/Tetris_(Mega_Drive_Mini)
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Honestly, that version seems more like a ROM hack than a new port. It even has the same music.

Quote Originally Posted by chilled
    Also Tetris 2019 then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Are there any difference between it and the original? We don't have a review for either, and I haven't played 2019.
    Chilled makes a good argument towards counting them as different games. I've also read somewhere else that Sega admitted to basically having "recreated" Tetris, since the Tengen version is still tied up in a legal quagmire that should make it impossible to ever get legally released.

Besides, this site already has separate reviews for "World Championship Soccer" and "World Cup Italia 90", and those two games are seriously identical except for some player names, the roster listing and the fact hat the latter had an official FIFA license. If those factors were enough to warrant counting them as separate listings, I'd argue it'd be more than enough to warrant counting Tetris (Tengen) and Tetris (Sega 2019) separately as well.

As a counterpoint, the original Tetris never was officially released and had to be recalled for legal reasons, the few boxed originals out of the wild having been sold or brought into circulation before the game ever was officially sold, making "Tetris 2019" the only official Tetris title for the Mega Drive / Genesis in the first place.

/edit: Also, Ken, you are mistaken, this site DOES have a review for Tengen's Tetris!
    Last edited by Phantar; 08-24-2020 at 03:17 AM.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Oh man, I totally missed that Tetris review. Ah well, then we can give Tetris 2019 one too.

Master of Shinobi

M2 supposedly improved input lag and added options. FWIW, there are even slight regional differences (attract mode) between Tetris 2019 versions...

I've added Darius and Tetris 2019 to the list (I introduced a new category for Mega Drive Mini games playable on original hardware to that end).
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Review for LHX Attack Chopper submitted! I can't easily do screenshots with my current setup, unfortunately, but everything else is there.

Some bits and pieces to remove from the unreviewed list when Phantar has a chance (thank you!) --

Genesis/MD:
    It Came from the Desert -- this review (mine) was published last year, after a long delay to see if Watermelon would do anything with it
    Klax (Namco version) - reviewed
    Premier Manager -- reviewed
    Psy-O Blade - reviewed
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen - reviewed

Sega CD/Mega CD:
    A-Rank Thunder Tanjouhen -- reviewed and marked as such, can be delisted since the review's been up for over a year
    Syndicate CD -- reviewed
    Last edited by goldenband; 11-19-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Review for LHX Attack Chopper submitted! I can't easily do screenshots with my current setup, unfortunately, but everything else is there.
    No worries! I should be able to put this up tomorrow or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Some bits and pieces to remove from the unreviewed list when Phantar has a chance (thank you!) --

Genesis/MD:
    It Came from the Desert -- this review (mine) was published last year, after a long delay to see if Watermelon would do anything with it
    Klax (Namco version) - reviewed
    Premier Manager -- reviewed
    Psy-O Blade - reviewed
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen - reviewed

Sega CD/Mega CD:
    A-Rank Thunder Tanjouhen -- reviewed and marked as such, can be delisted since the review's been up for over a year
    Syndicate CD -- reviewed
    Oh dear, four of those were even penned by me, yet I still didn't catch those... thanks for the reminder. I've removed LHX Attack Chopper as well.

I took a look at "Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool", and before I knew it I had finished the game. So I figure I might as well review it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    Oh dear, four of those were even penned by me, yet I still didn't catch those... thanks for the reminder. I've removed LHX Attack Chopper as well.
    Thank you very much! And yes, I figured that I didn't need to link those four.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    I took a look at "Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool", and before I knew it I had finished the game. So I figure I might as well review it.
    Oh, good -- I'd been thinking about it too, as I've played that game a fair amount, but didn't really relish the task. You may find this information helpful:

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...l=1#post670183

Whatever the overall merits of the game, the Genesis version is the better of the two -- the SNES game is really dumbed-down by comparison -- so at least it's not just a trashy SNES-to-Genesis "downport" [sic!] hack job.

Thread Information