Quantcast

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

I'd like to give up on my claim to review Seaquest DSV if that's okay. Despite managing to finish the first campaign and multiple attempts to progress through the second one, I can't stand to play it anymore due to its extremely high levels of frustration. That being said, is Zany Golf still available? I'm about to wrap up playing through PS2 and would like to review ZG if it hasn't been claimed yet.
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

Allright, Seaquest DSV is listed as available for review. Sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with it.

Zany Golf (aka Will Harvey's Zany Golf) has already been reviewed.

Since the thread entered a new page, I'll list the old claims again just in case somebody wants to reaffirm or give up on his or her claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    Time to dig out the pruning shears again: Here are a couple of games that have been claimed for about a year now (10 months+) and still haven't been reviewed yet:

Centurion: Defender Of Rome (Strategy)claimed: 08/13/12 (Benjamin)
    Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing claimed: 07/21/12 (shinobismusashi)
    NBA Live '98 (Sports) claimed: 07/24/12 (BonesJustice)
    Power Monger (Strategy) claimed: 08/13/12 (Benjamin)
    Lord Monarch: Tokoton Sentou Densetsu (Strategy-RPG) claimed: 08/13/12 (Benjamin)
    Star Cruiser (RPG) claimed: 09/26/12 (StarMist)

Jelly Boy (platform) claimed: 09/18/2012 (djshock)
    Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat (racing) claimed: 09/19/2012 (BonesJustice)

Would those who volunteered to review these games please state whether or not they'd still like to hang on to their claims. Otherwise these games will be made available for review in a few days.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Darn, I don't have any of those games.

Noone reaffirming their old claims? Really?

Well, guess I'll have to list all 8 games as vailable again . I'll wait until tomorrow, maybe someone will still step forward...
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Maybe send Benjamin a quick PM? Those are pretty involved games and, while I might like to complete the Rome trifecta by reviewing Centurion, it'd make more sense for him to do it if he already has expertise/experience with the game. (I played Centurion for 20-30 minutes once, didn't get too far.)

Also, StarMist vanished from Sega-16 completely shortly after the start of the year. I hope he's OK, but no one's heard anything, and either way I doubt he'll be doing the Star Cruiser review.

I've just checked with Benjamin and he's still planning to do reviews of Lord Monarch and Power Monger. No word on Centurion though, so I guess that one can be discounted.

I also sent PMs to BonesJustice and shinobimusashi, maybe they still want to stick to their claims as well.

Since StarMist appears to be gone from this site (or at least has been for quite a while now), I'll remove his claim on Star Cruiser.

/edit: shinobimusashi still plans on doing a review of Muhammad Ali, but currently doesn't find the time. He doesn't mind if anyone else wants to have a go at it, though, so I'll remove his claim for now. Should noone step up to the plate, we may expect a review from him later this year
    Last edited by Phantar; 08-06-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

still going to tackle mega games 1
    Kitsune in a hat

Sorry for not updating the current status of available reviews in a while. Life's been pretty topsy-turvy lately. Everything should be in order now, please let me know if you notice anything amiss.

I've been wanting to write something for Sega-16 again for a while now. I'll take Heavy Nova for Mega CD. I assume I can write a total review as opposed to a delta review of the Sega CD game vs. the cart?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    Sorry for not updating the current status of available reviews in a while. Life's been pretty topsy-turvy lately. Everything should be in order now, please let me know if you notice anything amiss.
    Thanks for that! The only thing I spotted was that my review for ATP Tour Championship Tennis is done, so that one should get a strikethrough + link.

Okay, major recount: I did a little census, and discounting homebrews, unfinished games and unlicensed titles we have only:

- 209 cartridge games (104 US, 34 Europe, 64 Japan, 23 Sega Game Toshokan and 5 Brazil),
    - 93 Sega CD-games (40 US, 4 Europe and 49 Japan) and
    - 1 32XCD-game (Surgical Strike, Brazil only)

left till we have reviewed every single official release for the Mega Drive. Yeah, that's still roughly 300 reviews to go, but considering the huge international library of the Genesis, I think this site and its members have accomplished quite a feat! Go team

/edit: Feel free to correct my if I did a miscount, and please don't be irritated if it takes a few weeks before I update the list on the first page of this thread, I currently have only very little time on my hands. If a mod were in the mood to help me keep this list up to date, I'd be delighted

Just submitted a review for R.B.I. Baseball 4.

Received and ready to go! Look for it next Wednesday.

I'm surprised Oh Mummy Genesis hasn't been reviewed yet. Perhaps it's stated to be a Hacks & Homebrews feature instead? Or are there any takers on it?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

It would be an actual review, since it was a commercial release. I don't have it, so I can't review it, and no one else has offered. Did anyone here buy it? I don't know.

Thread Information