Quantcast

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

Awesome thread.

I'm still working on a review of Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing and Unnecessary Roughness Football.

I'm pretty sure NFL 94 has been reviewed and submitted a long, long time ago, but it was never posted. I don't think it was ever confirmed or denied if it was ever received(unless via PMs).
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

I think he sent it again, but I don't know where to. I didn't get it.

I shot Bones Justice a PM about his NFL 94 review.

There are so many games on that list that I want to review, but I just have not had any time to write. Whenever I get some spare time I'm usually very exhuasted, falling asleep at the keyboard like I am now.

I will be back soon. I love this fucking site. Some of these recent articles have really gotten me wanting to write some stuff up. Phantar is a phenomenal writer.
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

I think I may do Onslaught, depending on how it plays out as I progress (and how high my tolerance is for its...distinctive...brand of gameplay).

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

I did re-send my review for NFL 94 but maybe I'm sending it to the wrong place. I have been sending it to "webmaster@sega-16.com" which is the address that Sega-16 sends e-mail to me.

Or maybe it's the format...? I have been attaching my review pictures so maybe your e-mail doesn't accept it. I haven't gotten any notifications that my e-mails to Sega-16 were not delivered, though. I sent you a PM a while back about it but never heard anything. I just figured you've got a lot of stuff to do running the website so it was no big deal.

I'll try to send it again in a different manner. Wish me luck!
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

I hadn't received it before, but I got it this time. You can send any future submissions to me personally.

I'm looking forward to that review Bones, glad you finally got it in.
    -Drakon

Thanks, I hope you like it! I'm looking forward to discussing it after you've had a chance to read it.
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Figures the majority of leftover games are of the sports variety, which reflects the Genny games you're most likely to find at any store with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    Figures the majority of leftover games are of the sports variety, which reflects the Genny games you're most likely to find at any store with them.
    I suppose that's true if "sports games" are all the same to you. I think there are some that are very common like Madden but the same can be said for platformers like Sonic. I think there is a need for opinions on the differences between the various sports titles, too. Sports games "made" the Genesis just as much as Sonic did.

I just posted about this here, but it looks like The Itchy & Scratchy Game cannot be completed without using some sort of cheat (or hacking the game to make the Level 6 boss go into a death animation), so unless there's an alternate dump without these problems, it's not eligible for review.

EDIT: Huh, apparently there might be a variant or bugfixed dump? I'll PM Smii.

In other news, I finshed Onslaught the day before the hurricane hit, and I'm confirming that I'll be reviewing that one (none too favorably).
    Last edited by goldenband; 11-03-2012 at 01:00 AM.

I'll claim Pinocchio.

duly noted (front page updated). But please, as I said, If you want to claim a game I'd appreciate it if you did it in the Upcoming Reviews and Features-Thread. If you make the claim here it may run the risk of being overlooked. I'd like to use this thread for maintaining what games are still eligible and available for reviews. Once a claim has been made, I update the front page.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Quote Originally Posted by JRedmond3 View Post
    I'll claim Pinocchio.
    Already reviewed.

Well, my Itchy & Scratchy repro cart conks out at the next-to-last level, but I found another ROM that was playable all the way to the end, using an EverDrive on real hardware. (Actually, I played it twice through using two different ROMs, one from GoodGen and one from a fellow poster; not sure if they're identical.)

The unknown question is whether the working ROM is a different prototype, or whether someone patched it. If it was fan-patched to fix the bug, does that remove it from review eligibility, I wonder? Otherwise the game does seem 100% finished.

Thread Information