Quantcast

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

I've just submitted a review for It Came from the Desert, so barring any violent disapproval from Melf , that one can be crossed off (or at least marked as claimed).

Speaking of unreleased games, didn't you claim a review of "Itchy & Scratchy" a few months ago?
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

I did indeed! -- and I'm still planning on doing a writeup. I want to play the SNES version first to compare the two, and just to underscore/confirm that the Genesis version is 100% complete.

(I know I posted a while back about a game-breaking bug, but either someone fixed it or some copies just don't have the bug, so it should be moved back to the "Unreleased (or Homebrew) games eligible for review" section.)

OK, I'll still do Itchy & Scratchy eventually, but right now I also want to claim (or "claim") Iron Helix (Sega CD) and Sampras Tennis '96 (PAL Mega Drive). I've recently beaten both games (the latter on Pro difficulty today), so I'll try to write reviews up and submit them within the next few days. Obviously I'll post in the Upcoming Reviews & Features thread once I've got something going.

Just for reference, I've also got Centurion: Defender of Rome, Battlemaster, and LHX Attack Chopper on my radar. LHX is probably a definite unless someone else gets there first, but I have a lot left to figure out with the first two games before I'd feel comfortable reviewing them. Since I did the two Warrior of Rome games, I'd like to complete my "Roman trilogy" and I have a nice bonus in mind for the review.

Other unreviewed games that I've beaten and could review are Incredible Crash Dummies, Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool, and the Tengen version of Marble Madness (was Melf planning to do that one, or was he only planning a Side By Side?).
    Last edited by goldenband; 07-22-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Alright, I've put you down for Iron Helix and Sampras '96 so far. Shall I note the other three games as well? Considering that we still have a few claims on the list that haven't been touched upon for a year or so, I want to make sure people follow through on their claims (not that you haven't got a good track record so far , but I don't want to keep the list from becoming cluttered with more year-old claims).
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    Alright, I've put you down for Iron Helix and Sampras '96 so far. Shall I note the other three games as well?
    Naah, just those two -- or three, counting I&S. I generally don't review games until I've beaten them, and of the other three LHX is the only one I've completed (though not on Hard/Very Hard yet), so Battlemaster and Centurion are a ways off. I just wanted to note my interest so that if they're on someone else's radar too, we can have a fistfight and see who does the review.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    the Tengen version of Marble Madness (was Melf planning to do that one, or was he only planning a Side By Side?).
    As far as I'm concerned, the Japanese Tengen release of Marble Madness should be treated as a review on its own - not only were they developed by different companies (the Us one was published by EA), it also plays slightly different (imo better), there are differences in presentation, and it got features the Us release didn't have, like mouse controls. In my eyes this warrants a review (if the seperate-but-mostly-similar releases of Sega Soccer and World Cup Italia 90 both got reviews on this site, I can't imagine that Melf would disallow a review for that one).

Besides, side-by-side-Features usually compare two releases of the same game on different platfroms, not the same ones

On a different note, I've noticed that there have been quite a few review claims from back in 2013 that still haven't been realized - I guess most of them have been abandoned by now. I think it's time to clean up the list a little again. So, if anyone has a made a claim for a review back in 2013 that he still wants to follow through, please let me know. If I don't hear from you, I'll kick out the old claims made before January come September.
    Last edited by Phantar; 07-24-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Hero of Algol

As far as I'm concerned, the Japanese Tengen release of Marble Madness should be treated as a review on its own - not only were they developed by different companies (the Us one was published by EA), it also plays slightly different (imo better), there are differences in presentation, and it got features the Us release didn't have, like mouse controls. In my eyes this warrants a review (if the seperate-but-mostly-similar releases of Sega Soccer and World Cup Italia 90 both got reviews on this site, I can't imagine that Melf would disallow a review for that one).
    The controls/physics are also different. Tengen's is exactly like the arcade while EA's is exaggerated in a few ways to made it easier. The time constraints are also different, with the Tengen version being even more tough than the arcade (like 5 secs less or something) and EA's being a lot more forgiven (like 15-30 secs more).

As far as I'm concerned, the Japanese Tengen release of Marble Madness should be treated as a review on its own
    Oh, absolutely. Believe me, I'm one of the biggest cheerleaders of that version -- it's a night and day difference! I just meant that, in one of his videos, Melf mentions that he promised Brandon Cobb that he'd do a Side By Side of the two versions; I wasn't sure if he personally would be doing a review as well.

BTW the Sampras Tennis '96 review is just about done, I'll post in the upcoming thread shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    The time constraints are also different, with the Tengen version being even more tough than the arcade (like 5 secs less or something)
    Still one of my proudest gaming moments, beating that one on Very Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    The controls/physics are also different. Tengen's is exactly like the arcade while EA's is exaggerated in a few ways to made it easier. The time constraints are also different, with the Tengen version being even more tough than the arcade (like 5 secs less or something) and EA's being a lot more forgiven (like 15-30 secs more).
    Agreed. And yet, I think that Tengen's version is far more playable than EA's port, as well as better looking. Superior in almost every facet, if you will. Go figure

Besides, side-by-side-Features usually compare two releases of the same game on different platfroms, not the same ones
    Well, here's the word from the man himself, at 3:03:

I will sign up to review Battlemaster.

I am unfortunate enough to own this game. To be honest, I'm not even sure it's possible to finish the game due to horrible slow down issues once the number of sprites on screen starts to climb.

But it should make for an interesting review!

^Awesome. I was thinking of taking it on, but to be honest I'd be relieved not to "have" to do it, so I'm looking forward to your review. I wanted to like Battlemaster, but man, it's a mess. Be sure to use the phrase "herding cats" in your review.

In the meantime I just submitted my Iron Helix review, so now I'll officially claim LHX Attack Chopper.

Naturally, I can't find my Battlemasters cartridge anywhere..... Time to dig through the closet!

Edit: Well crap, I found it.
    Last edited by marlowe221; 07-26-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

have fun
    Kitsune in a hat

Thread Information