Quantcast

Page 663 of 742 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673713 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 11121

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
    Wait a minute, does it mean I can't use 700Mb discs? Those are the only kind I can find here, not that I'd dare recording a 723 mb image though...
    I'm talking about a different game than Pier Solar and different console as well. I would think that using 700mb CD-Rs is fine, but it would be best to keep the data to within the original Sega CD specs of just over 500mb actually being recorded. The extra 200mb on current CD-Rs is recorded in space that was deemed dead on older discs so I'm pretty sure that if you took a 500mb CD-R and a 700 and burn the same amount of data to each..like say 480mb. That both of them would show the same amount of space in size from the inner ring outward being used. Also important to set the option to finalize the disc when making such burns or at least I've always done that.

In other words: it's hit and miss.

There's also the problem where even if the CD drive is up to it, the BIOS may not, and these add-ons saw lots of BIOS revisions. This also probably contributes to why model 1 Mega CD tends to struggle more than model 2. On top of that, if you're providing your own BIOS (e.g. through a flashcart), be careful because a bunch of the dumped ones are buggy prototypes (they will work on retail hardware, but are more prone to glitching up on some edge cases).

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    In other words: it's hit and miss.

There's also the problem where even if the CD drive is up to it, the BIOS may not, and these add-ons saw lots of BIOS revisions. This also probably contributes to why model 1 Mega CD tends to struggle more than model 2. On top of that, if you're providing your own BIOS (e.g. through a flashcart), be careful because a bunch of the dumped ones are buggy prototypes (they will work on retail hardware, but are more prone to glitching up on some edge cases).
    As far as I know there are only two prototype mega cd bios dumped, and one of them was released only recently...

However it is true that they made a buttload of revisions. The service manuals even state to always burn the latest ones when servicing.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

If i would be Fonzie, i would monitor this thread once in a while. You know, just for shits and giggles. Trust no one :o

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar

I can't imagine how Luis feels along with the others who contributed artistically to Paprium. Personally, I want to see this game release just so all of the amazing art and music doesn't go to waste. It's really frustrating to see all the great talent involved here and still no FINAL product to showcase it.

Anyway, with the Magical Game Factory website being down for over a month now and Fonzie going quiet all Summer I've finally decided to join the forums here. So, I just wanted to say "hi" to those of you who have merged to this forum from MGF. We are an extremely patient group aren't we?

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Totally off subject but what is the best method to backup Sega CD games?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar

Here you go matteus...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/11...sega-cd-games/

There are some methods here using Alcohol120 software. I haven't tried myself.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Totally off subject but what is the best method to backup Sega CD games?
    I use ImgBurn or a very old version of CDRWIN personally. I've heard mention of using TurboRip as well, but it's designed for TG16/PCE stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Off topic, but for those of you who are sick to death of Paprium seemingly being vaporware and Fonzie being an asshat, you guys should check out this sprite-based old-school brawler called Fight'N Rage. It was just announced as coming to the Switch, XB1 and PS4 too. One cool thing is that similar to Dragon's Crown, you can have up to 3 CPU partners fight alongside you.

Last edited by DrLight99; 09-19-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Off topic, but for those of you who are sick to death of Paprium seemingly being vaporware and Fonzie being an asshat, you guys should check out this sprite-based old-school brawler called Fight'N Rage. It was just announced as coming to the Switch, XB1 and PS4 too. One cool thing is that similar to Dragon's Crown, you can have up to 3 CPU partners fight alongside you.

I think that game was already posted here (a few hundred pages back?) and people freaked out because boobs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

The boobs on the female lead are gratuitous yes but who cares?

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    I can't imagine how Luis feels along with the others who contributed artistically to Paprium. Personally, I want to see this game release just so all of the amazing art and music doesn't go to waste. It's really frustrating to see all the great talent involved here and still no FINAL product to showcase it.

Anyway, with the Magical Game Factory website being down for over a month now and Fonzie going quiet all Summer I've finally decided to join the forums here. So, I just wanted to say "hi" to those of you who have merged to this forum from MGF. We are an extremely patient group aren't we?
    Yes VERY frustrating.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Yes VERY frustrating.
    Also, as an artist, you keep growing. So looking back on stuff you made a few years ago probably makes you feel like you could do better now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    The boobs on the female lead are gratuitous yes but who cares?
    I can't understand why there was an issue with the shape of the female player in that game, it's not the first time that something like that has happened and nobody seemed to care before!

If I recall correctly the complaints where about a combination of that and a chibi art style (which is not Mai's issue in that animation).

I just realized that Mai's upper half of the legs is mostly static and just bobs on top of the lower half (which animates) and now I can't unsee it.

Thread Information