Quantcast

Page 684 of 700 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 10495

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Yeah, OK then. I just thought maybe the focus would shift to other threads if this one was locked, but I may be wrong.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Fonzie should follow Easy Trigger Games if he wanted to succeed.

https://huntdown.com/

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    Fonzie should follow Easy Trigger Games if he wanted to succeed.

https://huntdown.com/

SOLD TO ME!

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

WCPO Agent

That is an impressive trailer. I like that it's all gameplay footage throughout and not any gimmicks.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

I played the beta and it's a really good action game, I'll be buying this for sure.

Now that we're at it, you guys should try this one:

Believe it or not it was also released for the Amiga:

https://benitosub.itch.io/tower-57

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    I donít mean to be negative and Iím not pointing fingers, but if we are all honest with ourselves then this board simply does not have the thriving activity it once had. I check in here daily, add posts where relevant, and still enjoy the place even if I wish we had more to talk about.

Locking an active thread, which, over the last few days, has been the only one with new posts, is potentially a nail (note: not THE nail, or the final nail, but a nail nonetheless) in the coffin.

Letís keep this place active, please, even if the topic we are discussing causes anguish from the financial and emotional loss from those of us who invested.
    This thread had remained inactive for quite a while until like 2-3 days ago, so I doubt that's it.

And yeah, most people nowadays moved their discussion to Discord (and we thought it was Facebook who was gonna kill forums? pffft)

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

Has anyone been in contact with Fonzie this very year?

Wildside Expert

The discussion about the ips was rather recent. I am not involved.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

No one has moved any discussion to discord. The Sega-16 discord is dead 90% of the time.

I didn't say it was that Discord server in particular (though I recall the SegaBits' one is a tad more active), it was more an observation of where things were going in general.

On that note, for homebrew in particular I don't think it has ever been as active as nowadays. Especially the SGDK Discord server.

Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar

I'm with crazyteknohed.

It's coming up on a year since the last Facebook post of the "assembly" video.
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

Not the original tweet I had seen but this is the pic I was referring to earlier:

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1252622097836171265
    Quote Originally Posted by @GameAnim
    Streets of Rage 2 employed a novel method of pulling animation frames in component form from the Genesis' ROM to free up more RAM memory. A big factor in why the characters were much bigger and better animated than other games of the time.

Now you know why the enemies' animation in SOR2 seems so primitive. Now if you wanted Galsia e.g. to punch, you'd swap that arm sprite with another one which is a punch and keep the rest the same, or for walking you replace the legs, or for the hurt animation you replace some of the sprites with versions where they lean backwards, etc.

EDIT: I should probably note that an artist clever enough could make good use of this technique to get more animation out of the same set of sprites (by placing them in different positions when assembling frames). Would be nice to see more of that :​P

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Not the original tweet I had seen but this is the pic I was referring to earlier:

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1252622097836171265Now you know why the enemies' animation in SOR2 seems so primitive. Now if you wanted Galsia e.g. to punch, you'd swap that arm sprite with another one which is a punch and keep the rest the same, or for walking you replace the legs, or for the hurt animation you replace some of the sprites with versions where they lean backwards, etc.

EDIT: I should probably note that an artist clever enough could make good use of this technique to get more animation out of the same set of sprites (by placing them in different positions when assembling frames). Would be nice to see more of that :​P
    Regarding the tweet: that's definitely not 'novel'. That technique was used throughout that generation (before that game, and after).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1252622097836171265Now you know why the enemies' animation in SOR2 seems so primitive. Now if you wanted Galsia e.g. to punch, you'd swap that arm sprite with another one which is a punch and keep the rest the same, or for walking you replace the legs, or for the hurt animation you replace some of the sprites with versions where they lean backwards, etc.

It is used in Metro Siege - an upcoming beta'em up for Amiga and modern platforms.

https://bitbeamcannon.com/metro-siege/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

]Now you know why the enemies' animation in SOR2 seems so primitive.
    I thought that was common knowledge here. My point still stands, regardless of the technicalities: Garcia is the cheapest looking and least well animated enemy in the game. Even Donovan is more dynamic, with his uppercut. No doubt it would have been possible to reduce the quality gap between characters. This is by no means a serious flaw, but neither are the style inconsistencies of Paprium. I mean, when a game is vaporware, it doesn't matter much if a couple of its pixels are not placed properly.

Thread Information