Quantcast

Page 685 of 700 FirstFirst ... 185585635675681682683684685686687688689695 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 10495

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training steel's Avatar

I'm gonna tell ya something.
    If this game get release in this year . . .
    many people will ask . . . is this for Switch, PS4 or Xone?
    And I shall say . . . no little chap.
    This is for Megadrive/genesis.
    And SoR4 will be vanished during some period.

(I've learn with this game) many people particular the ones that didn't bought the game, they are the great troubblemakers on the Retro[esphere]

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Come again?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Come again?
    Just let Fonzie have some fun with his alt account.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    (I've learn with this game) many people particular the ones that didn't bought the game, they are the great troubblemakers on the Retro[esphere]

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Yep, great... I don't know about you, but I bought two copies of the euro limited edition (one for me, one for my brother... both of them with the manga because I was an early buyer), and one GrandStick III (that's for me). 3 years and almost 2 months later, what have I received in exchange for my money? Lies, more lies, and disrespect.

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

There are going to be mass Streets of Rage 4 burnings out in these streets real quick when Paprium drops!

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I thought that was common knowledge here. My point still stands, regardless of the technicalities: Garcia is the cheapest looking and least well animated enemy in the game. Even Donovan is more dynamic, with his uppercut. No doubt it would have been possible to reduce the quality gap between characters. This is by no means a serious flaw, but neither are the style inconsistencies of Paprium. I mean, when a game is vaporware, it doesn't matter much if a couple of its pixels are not placed properly.
    A lot of the older beat 'em ups have not aged well in terms of animation. Take Final Fight for example, I thought it was revolutionary the first time I saw it in the arcades, then I tried playing through it again a few years ago and was amazed at how few frames it actually uses. It doesn't take away from the gameplay at all but it looks a lot less impressive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Just let Fonzie have some fun with his alt account.
    That's either him or some clown trying to sound like him.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I don't think this game really deserves any level of defense from criticism. It barely exists, and you're trying to compare it to an actual game that saw actual release. The game can be the greatest beat em up of all time, which I can almost assure you it won't be, and it would still see Fonzie and Watermelon dragged through the mud. Whether this game is good or not, released or not, the damage is done.

By the way, Streets of Rage 4 is great. It's selling like hot cakes, even if Paprium ever materializes, it won't mean people can't enjoy other games. That's a silly notion.

I can't be the only one who read that post as shitposting.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    There are going to be mass Streets of Rage 4 burnings out in these streets real quick when Paprium drops!
    i bought a physical LRG copy just to burn it on our sacred release day~
    #standwithfonzie #dontstopbelieving

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar

Personally, more than 50% of the enjoyment I get from playing a video game is the aesthetics. I see it as one large, interactive art piece.

So, if it's true that the artists have yet to be paid I would be willing to pay them for their hard work myself. I'm at the point where I'd like to get something for my own time and money invested in Paprium. If I can't get the game itself, I would be happy to pay for the pixel art and soundtrack to help the artist make some money in return.

It's just crazy for people to work so hard and get taken advantage of to such a degree. Before I walk away from this completely, I'd like to somehow help support those who were involved in making the game materials. Maybe donations to download could be one route.

Btw, Has anyone heard from Luis or David about the current situation? Last I heard from Luis he claimed to have play a finished copy of Paprium on his personal Genesis/MD. This was posted months ago on his twitter account. Who knows, maybe a notion to post art from the non-game might actually force Fonzie out of hiding.

I don't recall him saying it was his console, the impression I had was that Fonzie had brought in the whole hardware (though my memory is foggy and I don't feel like trying to dig that up, so take that with a grain of salt I could be wrong there).

Now after all this time, can we say that Paprium is the biggest scam in recent games?

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Personally, more than 50% of the enjoyment I get from playing a video game is the aesthetics. I see it as one large, interactive art piece.

So, if it's true that the artists have yet to be paid I would be willing to pay them for their hard work myself. I'm at the point where I'd like to get something for my own time and money invested in Paprium. If I can't get the game itself, I would be happy to pay for the pixel art and soundtrack to help the artist make some money in return.

It's just crazy for people to work so hard and get taken advantage of to such a degree. Before I walk away from this completely, I'd like to somehow help support those who were involved in making the game materials. Maybe donations to download could be one route.
    This is a great idea. If there's a Gofundme or similar for the artists and composers I would contribute to that. If they never got paid and there's no game I think legally they should be able to sell those assets elsewhere, of course I am not an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I don't recall him saying it was his console, the impression I had was that Fonzie had brought in the whole hardware (though my memory is foggy and I don't feel like trying to dig that up, so take that with a grain of salt I could be wrong there).
    Wouldn't it be something -- if Fonzie brought over a Mini PC stuffed in a Mega Drive case?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    Now after all this time, can we say that Paprium is the biggest scam in recent games?
    I know I can't name another developer that took this much money in pre-orders and failed to deliver a product.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

I'm not so sure about crowdfunding this a second time, it's shit that the artists didn't get paid, but I'm not paying twice. That's just throwing good money after bad and letting Fonzie off the hook, he needs to do the paying.

It is quite interesting to me that we might see some sort of product sometime due to some loophole. I can't help but think that if I were an employee, I'd just release my stuff to spite Fonzie, can he really have a claim against you when hasn't kept his part of the bargain?

Thread Information