Quantcast

Page 610 of 677 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 10148

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    What do you guys think will happen AFTER Paprium is released (if ever, we're in Hypothesis Land now)? Let's imagine it gets released and it's a good game...
    I'd say option 2. The core of his fans would still follow him and worship him no matter what (as is happening now), but that probably wouldn't be enough for him to complete anything else. If he wants to keep making games, the smart thing to do would be to drop his ego, adopt a new nickname and work in the shadows, leaving management and PR to more apt people.

looks like the paprium website is down: https://www.paprium.com/

The dream is officially over I guess
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    looks like the paprium website is down: https://www.paprium.com/

The dream is officially over I guess
    Says it's in maintenance, so it looks like it has nothing to do with fonzie.

Quote Originally Posted by afro man dan View Post
    Says it's in maintenance, so it looks like it has nothing to do with fonzie.
    I could be wrong but isn't that usually code for "The domain purchase hasn't been renewed"?
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    What do you guys think will happen AFTER Paprium is released (if ever, we're in Hypothesis Land now)? Let's imagine it gets released and it's a good game...

- Everything is forgiven and forgoten and Watermelon continues to exist and release games, even if Fonzie never ask for forgiveness and acts like everything is all right?

- Fonzie's carreer is done, no matter the quality of Paprium, or how shiny is whatever he chooses to do next?

- Fonzie ask for forgiveness, recognizes errors, pays everyone... and somehow we forgive him to the point of supporting future endeavors?

Any of those, or Paprium doesn't gete released and our money is lost, or Paprium is released and is crap.
    He still wouldn't be done. The folks who invested in Project N are in ever worse shape.

I think even if it was releasead and Fonzie apologized and explained himself, his career would be on the hands of the people that worked with him. If they could vouch for him, then he could have a second chance in the future. However, I don't think they would.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

I could be wrong but isn't that usually code for "The domain purchase hasn't been renewed"?
    The paprium.com domain name expires in June of this year. It might just be his host having issues. It could also be the end of his web hosting subscription, but that sounds unlikely. It appears he's using OVH for both the web hosting and the domain name registration, so he most likely subscribed to a web host + domain name bundle (with synced renewal dates).

Maybe he intentionally took down the site, who knows... Time will tell.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

What if Fonzie comes up with a new idea that Paprium will be playable through a Stadia service?

The game will be hosted on Google's servers and a special cartridge (compatible with Chromecast, built-in A/V output sockets and its own power supply unit similar to 32X) will be required to play it on Genesis/Mega Drive consoles.
    This way he does not have to worry about piracy and hardware limitations anymore.
    Last edited by molasar; 03-22-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

The website is working for me right now, can't see anything wrong. I know it's not that that I have it cached because I haven't visited it in like a year or so.

Road Rasher

If he releases the game and it ends up being good, I cannot see anyone investing in his games anymore. However, if he first makes a game and proves it is complete and working, he might get enough pre-orders to actually sell another game. Just my two cents.

The host provider would put an explicit message about it in that case (asking the webmaster to contact them about it).

Also from what I gather the provider in question isn't exactly the most reliable.

Site is back up but the video at the top isn't coming up anymore and I just have a black square there. Also of course you aren't able to purchase when you press the button but I believe they has been that way for a while.

WCPO Agent

Fonzie is never going to work in this field ever again. I'm sure he has some diehard fans remaining but not enough to finance another game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Fonzie should've made Paprium an indie release for Steam/modern consoles with no hardware limitations and tried to do a Genesis cart release later.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Fonzie should've made Paprium an indie release for Steam/modern consoles with no hardware limitations and tried to do a Genesis cart release later.
    That could have been marketed nicely. "THE MODERN HIT STEAM GAME CRAMMED INTO A CARTRIDGE FOR YOUR SEGA GENESIS!!!!! 80 MEGA POWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZ!!!!!!"

Thread Information