Quantcast

Page 667 of 677 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 10148

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

WCPO Agent

I wouldn't mind seeing the soundtrack and background tiles used in another project. The characters I wouldn't miss, unless there's some sprites I haven't seen yet.

Megadrive Owner Since1991 Wildside Expert

Is the game officially dead? Or are we still waiting for confirmation? Such a shame that WM games bit off more than they could chew.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Would a bunch of unpaid collaborators threatening to reclaim their assets and use it to rebuild a new game get the Fonz to crawl out from under his rock? Considering that he's already violated several laws himself on just refunds, I don't think that he's in the position to sue anyone over anything. Not that I'm a lawyer or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Would a bunch of unpaid collaborators threatening to reclaim their assets and use it to rebuild a new game get the Fonz to crawl out from under his rock?
    Well nothing else has worked so far, so I doubt that would work either.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

He wouldn't even notice.

Yeah, this whole project has become a really drawn out cluster fuck. Outside of some videos that showed this game was nowhere near being an actual game, there's basically little to show. After all this time and all the shit that's gone on...

*I AM NOT A LAWYER AND THIS IS NOT LEGAL COUNCIL*

To the best of my understanding, unless there was a signed contract or some saved communication where agreements on what was to be created were clearly stated, and those agreements/contracts clearly state that Fonzie would be the copyright holder of the finished works, and payments were made for the finished art/audio to the artists, then Fonzie has no legal claim to the assets for this game. Such "work for hire" jobs aren't difficult to grasp, as long as things are clearly written before any work is started. If everything was word of mouth in terms of any agreements, then Fonzie would have a very, very hard time saying it was a work for hire job.

So it seems to me, for those who have no agreements/contracts with Fonzie, the work should still belong to you and you can do with it as you see fit. For those who've not been paid after getting into an agreement/contract with Fonzie, the artwork/audio should still belong to them, seeing as the contract was never fulfilled. In these instances, the artists should be able to withdraw their permissions for Fonzie to use their work, or they can let Fonzie use it. It's their call, not Fonzie's.

But to me, the plug needs to just be pulled so everyone can move on. The backers deserved better, the artists involved deserved better, and this whole thing just feels like a worn out joke.
    Last edited by The Coop; 11-05-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

WCPO Agent

I think it all would depend on who actually got paid by WM. If you were compensated for your work then it's probably WM property whether or not they use it, unless the contract has expired by now. Otherwise, I can't see how Fonzie would have a case.

Not to mention, if this actually goes to court, I can already see Fonzie trying to represent himself or otherwise sabotaging his case.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I think it all would depend on who actually got paid by WM. If you were compensated for your work then it's probably WM property whether or not they use it, unless the contract has expired by now. Otherwise, I can't see how Fonzie would have a case.
    Again, that would depend on whether or not the contract explicitly states that the finished work becomes the property of WM/Fonzie. If it doesn't, then from my understanding, the only thing WM/Fonzie would have is the only copy of the original work that the artist made. The copyright would still belong to the artist.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post846827
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    We're clearly waiting to reach post #10,000 here. The main problem is that it'll happen on page 666…
    Remember when I fucked up my math and ended up with an off-by-one error? (we're in page 667)

I was looking up since when the MGF site is down because of somebody on Twitter asking when the game would come out and ran into that post while I was looking, mmkay? It's down since July, if you wonder…

Road Rasher

There you go, 10,000th post! You’re welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    There you go, 10,000th post! You’re welcome!
    More posts than Paprium carts released.

Stupid question here: why is there a short message and not a 404 error when you enter the MGF site if it's "down"?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Stupid question here: why is there a short message and not a 404 error when you enter the MGF site if it's "down"?
    When performing a big site update, webmasters can set up a simple page to improve the user experience and let them know the site is coming back up, instead of simply showing an error page. Some systems do that automatically for you. It at least shows the domain is still theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Supposedly Fonzie would put this up everytime he was updating the website but I think now it is just to silence the MGF forum.

It's been down since july, so It must be the biggest site update ever! (Nope)

Thread Information