Quantcast

Page 670 of 680 FirstFirst ... 170570620660666667668669670671672673674 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 10190

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Did everyone who was asking for a refund get theirs? I know there was a period where Watermelon was issuing them, but I think I remember them starting to close down their contact emails afterwards? I am remembering that right?

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

If the game is not coming out, I'd at least want my money back. That's just messed up. If no announcement happens to clear things up, or additional information about the status of the project is released, it's like Fonzie simply stole his customer's money. I don't even know what to think about that.

I didn't request a refund because Goldenboy made it sound like this is happening. He said he played the game on real hardware. So I waited. Now Fonzie, Luis, almost anyone involved that might know what's going on have simply vanished, or are sticking to some nonsense NDA, as if this is even remotely acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

If the project is dead, we shouldn't have to request anything. Just refund the purchases. Otherwise, just update us on the status.

I really hope someone, anyone that knows what the heck is going on, can chime in on this.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 11-21-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Money is gone, game isn't done. It would take a major cash infusion to correct this.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training jrdoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    If the game is not coming out, I'd at least want my money back. That's just messed up. If no announcement happens to clear things up, or additional information about the status of the project is released, it's like Fonzie simply stole his customer's money. I don't even know what to think about that.

I didn't request a refund because Goldenboy made it sound like this is happening. He said he played the game on real hardware. So I waited. Now Fonzie, Luis, almost anyone involved that might know what's going on have simply vanished, or are sticking to some nonsense NDA, as if this is even remotely acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

If the project is dead, we shouldn't have to request anything. Just refund the purchases. Otherwise, just update us on the status.

I really hope someone, anyone that knows what the heck is going on, can chime in on this.
    I'm somewhat dumbfounded by the naivete here... it's pretty clear Fonzie ran off with the money years ago and there won't be any "update"...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

^It looks like it's way past the point of the game not coming out. The website is down, the social media pages are abandoned, team members have distanced themselves, and the company outright lied about emailing folks with their shipping info after the party. Fonzie's reply after that didn't address it and was pretty obnoxious.

Other than someone dedicating a lot of time into a lawsuit, this product is dead and the funds are probably long gone up Fonzie's nose. Also, let's stop calling it a "project" as it was put up for pre-order. This was not a kickstarter.

Pier Solar should also be downvoted and reported on all platforms with reviews clearly stating that the company scammed countless people including employees with the hopes that the game gets de-listed. I doubt that it's making much or anything, but no one should be supporting WM at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Pier Solar should also be downvoted and reported on all platforms with reviews clearly stating that the company scammed countless people including employees with the hopes that the game gets de-listed. I doubt that it's making much or anything, but no one should be supporting WM at this point.
    Reporting is one thing, but down-voting to get your voice heard is something I doubt any company would take seriously. That will just potentially make it even worse for ex-WM staff who, like I have done, may use the game as a means to land another employment in the game industry.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Reporting is one thing, but down-voting to get your voice heard is something I doubt any company would take seriously. That will just potentially make it even worse for ex-WM staff who, like I have done, may use the game as a means to land another employment in the game industry.
    I agree with this. While Fonz completely screwed over all of WM staff, fans, and everyone who pre-ordered, this would only affect those who are using this on their resume'.

I was really hoping Fonz would come through and deliver something. Such a shame with how this all went down.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrdoran View Post
    I'm somewhat dumbfounded by the naivete here... it's pretty clear Fonzie ran off with the money years ago and there won't be any "update"...
    I don't think anything is completely clear, as Luis was on here as recently as September, saying he had played the game, and it was done. (ish?) He's just as confused and frustrated as everyone, more so because he actually knows the status of the game to a more realistic degree. I specifically stuck around because there was a chance. Anyway, I understand you might be dumbfounded by the naivete, but having money wrapped up in it still leaves the desire for something come up at some point, regardless of how silly you may think that is. We always think nothing will come up, then something does. That being said, none of the updates ever result in anything substantial, but yeah.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    The down voting is more to warn potential buyers against investing in products by said company. WM caring is irrelevant in that sense. Like with any company, money and/or lawsuits are the only things that these companies respond to. Social media doesn't seem to phase WM at all.

As for the employment part, the original release was almost 10 years ago with most platforms hovering around the 5 year mark. I would guesstimate that most folks would have far newer, fresher things on their resume's. If not, that may be a bigger flag to a potential recruiter than working for a startup that ripped people off.

WCPO Agent

Just my 2 cents -- I would keep the downvoting/negative comments toward Fonzie himself and not trash a game that came out in 2010 that many people worked on. Pier Solar actually exists and appears to have been very successful commercially. Maybe someone can write an article or make a video about why Pier Solar worked out and Paprium didn't... that would be much more useful to developers and investors.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Maybe someone can write an article or make a video about why Pier Solar worked out and Paprium didn't... that would be much more useful to developers and investors.
    Short answer? Tulio. He got shit done and knew how to manage a budget

Master of Shinobi

Well some other people worked hard on Paprium also, didn´t they? Aren´t some of them members of this forum? Is the work they provided on Paprium shitty? Doesn´t look like it judging from the previews. Also Fonzie having poor management skills doesn´t make him a talentless coder.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Doesn´t look like it judging from the previews. Also Fonzie having poor management skills doesn´t make him a talentless coder.
    I don't think he's talentless, but look at the Paprium version shown during the release party... It took him years to reach that point. Some people make more complete games during game jams. It's not just his management skills that are lacking.

What happened after the release party? Why wasn't Fonzi attacked and captured then?

Everybody was too busy walking away in disbelief over how pathetic the whole thing was.

Thread Information