Quantcast

Page 550 of 749 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 11234

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    yup you were right I'm going to try the complaints route via my bank and then use the UK's Financial Ombudsman Service Complaints
    That was going to be my next step too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Fonzie should just release the game now in its current alpha state, then push updates through Bluetooth. This innovative system would be known as "late access".
    And risk bricking the cartridge in the first update? (because seriously, does anybody trust him to not fuck up the update code, given how little thought he gave to that party demo?)

Also it seems you're meant to use the headphone jack for this…

It's quite disheartening to read this thread. I haven't asked for a refund and still have a sliver of hope that the game might come out. If it doesn't, then Fonzie can keep the $60. If that's worth more to him than a repeat customer, then fine. $60 isn't going to break the bank. Either way, I will never do business with Watermelon again.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Fonzie should just release the game now in its current alpha state, then push updates through Bluetooth. This innovative system would be known as "late access".
    I suggested that awhile back when I thought the game was close to being completed! The NG Dev Team has done stuff like that, they will release the game and then patch it based on user feedback, e.g. if someone finds a game-breaking bug.

But with the game in its current state I think he ought to release the ROM, source code, development tools and the custom version of Gens he used for testing. Maybe another developer would be willing to fix the code in return for a % of sales.

I can't believe after all this time the version that Arm tested didn't even have interaction between the players and enemies! I'm not going to claim I know how to program a beat em up but just for testing purposes it should have been simple to add some basic enemy AI. Have one enemy walk toward the player's X/Y position and throw an attack when in range, have another enemy that tries to circle around to the back of the player, give them each a couple different attacks that vary depending on the player's state. With the sprite art already done that should not have been all that complicated -- particularly when you have a 300 MHz DSP to help you with any calculations!

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    It's quite disheartening to read this thread. I haven't asked for a refund and still have a sliver of hope that the game might come out. If it doesn't, then Fonzie can keep the $60. If that's worth more to him than a repeat customer, then fine. $60 isn't going to break the bank. Either way, I will never do business with Watermelon again.
    Be glad you didn't invest in the $100s. I'll tell you what telling your bank you want a refund on a series of PayPal payments you made to a company to invest in a game 6 years ago doesn't half make you realise how gullible you've been.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I can't believe after all this time the version that Arm tested didn't even have interaction between the players and enemies! I'm not going to claim I know how to program a beat em up but just for testing purposes it should have been simple to add some basic enemy AI.
    Fonzie just had wrong priorities, no doubt. Before adding foreground elements, fancy flashy effects, a game intro etc, focus on getting the game basics working. Game developers usually do that long before having the final assets (using temporary graphics etc), and he didn't do it despite already having all the assets he needed.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

The money I invested at this point I consider it a donation. If the game releases great if not lesson learned. Like many others have said just release what you have or release the rom and maybe another developer can finish it for a %.
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    The money I invested at this point I consider it a donation. If the game releases great if not lesson learned. Like many others have said just release what you have or release the rom and maybe another developer can finish it for a %.
    Unless the pre Pier Solar Fonz appears I don't see this ever happening

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    :Yeah but its really bad for the scene...
    alot of new games are coming out and the people are buying it to support th dev and bring the title to our homes..
    but if the most famous company atm floops the release of the msot hyped game in years..
    the general consumer in majority will step back about this..

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Same reasoning I'm following... I have $120 on Paprium and $60 on project N. By now, given how things are being handled, I feel I'm lust losing my time by asking for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    alot of new games are coming out and the people are buying it to support th dev and bring the title to our homes..
    but if the most famous company atm floops the release of the msot hyped game in years..
    Only because people keep saying "this is the year Paprium comes out!". Had most of them admitted earlier that there was no clear time frame for the release it wouldn't be anywhere as bad, especially with Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis taking the spot now (the first batch of Tanglewood cartridges started arriving since yesterday :​P a few months late but at least people are getting what they paid for).

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    True.
    For instance, Vetea's work is recognized by everyone, but current preorders for Bomb on Basic City Special Edition are far from being impressive...
    Anyhow, people buying it will have a very rare item

Master of Shinobi

I don't mean any disrespect at all and I myself am an admirer of the hard work done most of the time by just an individual, but at this point (and not taking into consideration how nice or professional the developer's are being -which is unfair I reckon), maybe we should differentiate more between the scope/size of homebrew projects. IMHO there's:

A titles like Hangman SG or ComradeOj´s valuable efforts, most BasiEgaXorz games, etc.
    AA titles most of the talked about homebrew games fall under this category. Vetea, 1985alternativo, Z-team, Flemteam, Sik, and many more
    AAA titles which are just a handful, Pier Solar being the prime example but probably both Tanglewood and particularly Xeno Crisis falling under this category.

We'll see were Tänzer and other notable efforts currently WIP fall under, as it is very subjective obviously... Also I think they should be compared to other unlicensed titles like the taiwanese ones, etc. and not with official licenses back then. Just my 2 cents, but there is probably 3 categories and those games sell accordingly I guess.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

You do not sound disrespectful at all!
    After all these years and all these pages written here and on other forums... I feel like I wasted too much of my attention on PAPRIUM.
    There are other creators out there who deliver and need to be supported. They are the ones that make our favourite Genny live endlessly.
    It's like chasing an ungraspable super pretty girl when a more charming one was there all the time.
    Rather than talking over spilled milk, I will try to focus more on the good stuff around.
    Last edited by tokay; 11-23-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    True.
    For instance, Vetea's work is recognized by everyone, but current preorders for Bomb on Basic City Special Edition are far from being impressive...
    Anyhow, people buying it will have a very rare item
    Wait whut where?! I didn't know it was getting a release.

Thread Information