Quantcast

Page 699 of 699 FirstFirst ... 199599649689695696697698699
Results 10,471 to 10,480 of 10480

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

WCPO Agent

Luis is going to get a reputation as "Fonzie's accomplice" at this rate. Not saying he deserves that but you play along with a scammer and people will draw that conclusion.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    I wish I could say more, but I can't.
    And what's up with this? so I guess Fonzie contacted Joe and told/showed him something to keep him from blasting the game?
    Why all this terrible silence? we fucking paid for the game. and for years we've got nothing but Luis and his "hehehe just eh.. hehehe just dont worry, its coming lol"

I understand not wanting the world to watch your every dev move, but this is ridiculous. at this point it could be the best beat 'm up ever. but it wouldn't matter, Fonzie's terrible PR has ruined it all.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Fonzie's sitting in his room thinking "once they see my master piece they'll turn around, I got a great future in gaming ahead of me once the game is out." NO, fucking no.
    I understand this shit takes time, but Jesus Christ communicate with your audience a bit more. and if you can't do that then you're clearly not suited for the role of president of a company.

What a disaster, I bet once it comes out Fonzie's gonna charge everybody even more for his DLC. and then after a year we discover the game is actually destroying your console or something.

I just want a refund, I don't want to wake up anymore and see the Paprium folder in my email to remind me of how I invested in this crap yeaaaaaaars ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    And what's up with this? so I guess Fonzie contacted Joe and told/showed him something to keep him from blasting the game?
    I think Joe just meant that he ran out of things to say. Because let's be honest, we keep beating a dead horse at this point. And the horse isn't just dead, it's already rotting and showing its skeleton.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

There's a special little place in hell for people who pull this crap.

Master of Shinobi

Wait did I just read this thread is attracting new users to Sega-16?

That is awesome. And terrible. And awesome.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

is there an episode list or something
    how do I catch up with the missed drama

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project which beats and documents, with in-depth research, every single Mega Drive videogame.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Wait did I just read this thread is attracting new users to Sega-16?

That is awesome. And terrible. And awesome.
    Yep, I also joined because of this thread.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Come on, we're going to reach page 700!!!

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    is there an episode list or something
    how do I catch up with the missed drama
    IIRC Fonzie posted some news (or non-news) in 2019 and then radio silent except from time to time there are cryptic messages from Luis or others, stating there will be something "soon", so the guy who theorized that there is actually a PR plan in which every X months there's some bits being posted somewhere just to keep the tension and interest, is probably proving to be true. Porject doesn't seem dead. The state of development and financial situation in order to produce and distribute the cart is yet to be stated/proven.

Latest is a pic of a dev cart and the stating that for the moment only pre-orders will be fullfilled so the game won't be available to purchase if/when it gets released (you'll have to wait until new money comes in from a future new pre-ordering round after the first round of shipment?). All this is very theoretical anyway. Some respected members of the community seem to believe this will get done (the actual result will surely differ from what was promised) and some others seem to have real actual info they can't / won't share in order no not throw even more oil onto the fire, I guess.

Am I forgetting something?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

WCPO Agent

For people just tuning in, you might like st1ka's documentary on Paprium (this is part 1 of 3):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLtnqbeBNI

Long story short, back in the day there was another Sega forum called Eidolon's Inn. Around 2004 some of the members wanted to create a new Genesis game called Tavern RPG, which morphed into Pier Solar published by Watermelon Games in 2010. Around 2012 (or was it even earlier?) WM Games announced their second title, a Genesis game called "Project Y", which later turned into Paprium. Despite having completed artwork and music, a slick trailer, a 2018 launch party complete with custom jackets, cans of soda, manuals, cases, an arcade cabinet and people dressed up as the characters etc there is still no Paprium game.

There's a lot of opinions on what happened, my view is that the game isn't coming and the money is long gone.

Thread Information