Quantcast

Page 303 of 691 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 10357

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    I know about Virtua Racing but what did the chip in Batman and Robin do?
    It was also a sound enhancement chip. It's what made those bad ass sounding techno tunes possible

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    It was also a sound enhancement chip. It's what made those bad ass sounding techno tunes possible
    One learns something new every day! I had no idea. Thanks. As for the Fonzie thing, maybe the guy suffers from social anxiety or narcissism. If you've made your offer to him, and it's a good story, he can't expect you to wait around on him. A Journalists first priority is the truth. Stick with that, and you'll be fine.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Nah man, it's all purely YM2612. The PSG isn't even involved.

Ian Stocker is just a lunatic with the YM2612!

Road Rasher

Ive been following WM since 2010, and communications were much better with Tulio. Fonzie (IMO) wants to control everything, and doesnt work well with others. Im sure a lot of people told him "Paprium" is the lamest brawler name ever!!! Even Luis (goldenboy) got pissed a lot of times for lack of communications with him, he had no info of him for months. The guy is a little eccentric, and not always a man of his word, he made so many false promises over the years. But he does love the old md/genny , and releasing such a game in 2017 with high production values is nothing short of a miracle, and I truly believe hes the only one who could pull this off. I just wish the release date will be respected this time, so much money has been added in the past couple of days, he cant screw this many newcomers. I do agree with some comments about quality of graphics that lacks detail, the speedo punk in the purple beach screenshot is absolutely terrible, i might do better in ms paint!! Also the cover of the game is very, very average, just 3 characters standing still, it needs people kicking ass all over the place like sor covers! Despite all this, i think whats been shown looks great, but very few new stuff has been shown vs the old wm tea time video from 3 years ago, and that worries me. Same old scrolling empty levels in the new trailer, same old parts of levels shown... i still invested 420$usd and im super excited to finally play it. Just hope fonzie will make it for real this time

Road Rasher

Just to point out... Batman and Robin on the Gens also used an enhancement chip... And Virtual Racing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    Nah man, it's all purely YM2612. The PSG isn't even involved.

Ian Stocker is just a lunatic with the YM2612!
    as flygon said B&R is plain 2612, no samples, no PSG. Jesper Kyd is indeed an FM alchemist.

Yeah it's all FM only (no extra chips involved). I guess that mentioning Virtua Racing completely threw off the joke though (since Virtua Racing does indeed have a coproceesor).

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Well, low and behold, 2 days after I published it, I got an email from Fonzie. Suffice it to say that he wasn't happy and basically lambasted me for telling Tulios side of the story and not his...
    Not entirely sure why you're apologising here. You published a one sided story, what did you expect? While it might be factually correct, I can totally understand why he'd be pissed. It reads like a uk daily mail article :P

The headdesk is that Fonzie was being asked for his input for a long while and he didn't give it, then he complains when the article comes out without his input.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    The headdesk is that Fonzie was being asked for his input for a long while and he didn't give it, then he complains when the article comes out without his input.
    He's never been confident with interviews. When I worked for watermelon I'd send him journalist questions and he'd send me the responses to edit.

Little has been shown concerning the game itself in this last famous official trailer.
    Maybe it is 100 % intentional because Fonzie & XGoldenboyX are still improving things before the end.
    The game will be released the 16th September and several weeks/months remain available...
    We even don't know if the game version is still BETA, or RC or already Gold version. Or not.

The screenshots dates could be a trap and don't matched with the very actual version of the game.
    Also some effects or specific details could have been disabled... It is hard to know the truth about the quality done so far...
    Last edited by tbp; 04-03-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Any news on the game?
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

tbp made a good point on the mgf forum that no credits have been given to testers. This makes me even more of a skeptic regarding the release date.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Yeah if you are a hardcore retro gamer that likes original hardware, there is ZERO reason to ever use composite on any system, ever. Even via CRT. Get a late gen CRT (they are everywhere, in every Goodwill, flea market and on the side of the road with the trash) with component input, some of those retrovision cables and hook that baby up. It'll look as good as it can. And if that fails, the more expensive option is to get a Framemeister and do RGB to Component. Either one is going to look light years better than composite.
    I wanna be where you're at! The thrift stores around here don't carry CRTs any more. Goodwill was the first one to stop. I saw an awesome one about a year ago, but didn't have the ability to move it that day, that was the last one I saw. The only CRTs I find around here are composite input only. I've seen that there's a shop in New York that modifies CRTs for RGB. Anyone know anything about that?

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Despite all this, i think whats been shown looks great, but very few new stuff has been shown vs the old wm tea time video from 3 years ago, and that worries me. Same old scrolling empty levels in the new trailer, same old parts of levels shown... i still invested 420$usd and im super excited to finally play it. Just hope fonzie will make it for real this time
    I dunno, I think there was a lot of new content in the trailer as well as the new screenshots. And don't forget, nothing will have changed with Fonzie's MO - which has always been to surprise us on release rather than show off the whole game beforehand.

I still like to think there might be scaling motorcycle stages or something we don't know about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    I dunno, I think there was a lot of new content in the trailer as well as the new screenshots. And don't forget, nothing will have changed with Fonzie's MO - which has always been to surprise us on release rather than show off the whole game beforehand.

I still like to think there might be scaling motorcycle stages or something we don't know about yet.
    Yes maybe my suggestion went into the game, i do hope.

Thread Information