Quantcast

Page 560 of 707 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 10598

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

I could log in. I saw in a thread on the boards, a guy said he knew some people who are testing the game. He is expecting news later this month.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

So is he banning people that complained on the forums?

a.k.a. ManuLöwe Sports Talker Ramsis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    I can no longer log in WM's MGF website. Anyone having issues too?
    Trolling the few remaining WM fanbois on the MGF boards as we speak, so no issues whatsoever.
    I'm currently selling my sealed copy of Pier Solar (EUR, first print): eBay link

Master of Shinobi

I can't remember if this has been discussed here but I find it interesting (from a user on Gamopat forums):
    en fait le but d'ajouter une puce c'est juste pour éviter un dump et des bootlegs/copies pirates chinois, c'est ça en fait ? scratch un peu comme ce que fait ngdev pour la neo geo ?
    (au delà de la dimension officielle de VM "j'ai fait des musiques trop belles et trop grandes pour ma petite cartouche")

So the Datenmeister wasn't really needed but he just planted it there to avoid piracy and chinese clones, which imho makes sense. Official reasoning was (at first) the music needed it. So a security measure is what's tanking the project as of now. There's also sepculation about a switch to FPGA and whatnot.

Also Pier Solar had an Altera MAX II CPLD just like the Everdrive.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afro man dan View Post
    So is he banning people that complained on the forums?
    No, I don't think so.
    Aside from Tulio, I don't think anyone has ever been banned.
    It's either a hack or something no longer working.

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    No, I don't think so.
    Aside from Tulio, I don't think anyone has ever been banned.
    It's either a hack or something no longer working.
    I guess I'm glad that I use unique passwords.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Possibly

I don't play many modern games these days myself, but from what I've seen, I imagine you don't play many Japanese games...

My wife likes to play Koei Tecmo's Samurai Warriors series, and her favorite character is the one with the largest breasts imaginable (who is apparently the mother of one of the other characters, despite looking like a teenager; I have no idea).
    I'd say 80% of what I play are Japanese games. Even a lot of modern stuff. I just think there is a distinction in what types of games and what genre you are talking about. One of my favorite games in the past 10 years was The Last Guardian. A Japanese game with zero boobs or sexuality what so ever.
    Last edited by AggroSky; 12-04-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post

So the Datenmeister wasn't really needed but he just planted it there to avoid piracy and chinese clones, which imho makes sense. Official reasoning was (at first) the music needed it. So a security measure is what's tanking the project as of now. There's also sepculation about a switch to FPGA and whatnot.

Also Pier Solar had an Altera MAX II CPLD just like the Everdrive.
    Which sadly is a complete waste of time as it will be pirated regardless. The Chinese companies will figure it out too. I mean, even after Pier Solar was released it was playable on PC through a modified emulator not long after it was released. Measures meant to counteract piracy are a complete waste of time IMO as people always find a way to circumvent them. Someone in the Tanglewood thread said something to the effect of "people who pirate games generally aren't going to buy those games to begin with." I completely agree with this. Granted, there are exceptions I'm sure. Just too bad time is being wasted on that...

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Just too bad time is being wasted on that...
    Yeah, shame that our money had to be wasted on someone who's so out of touch with reality that he thinks that he can prevent piracy.
    If anything people will work even harder to figure out his copy protection once they learn of his fanaticism.

He could have just gone the way of Tanglewood and released a finished rom+emu on steam for some easy extra testing and then sold us the cart game a couple weeks later.
    but nooooo.. he used our money to fuel his tech habit, all under the guise of doing something epic.

WM is finished.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

I can't login either
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

Master of Shinobi

Delaying piracy during the original print release is critical for sales when you aim higher and that's what happened with Pier Solar and on PC with all those Denuvo games, etc. So Anti-piracy measures do in fact work, because they don't aim at never being pirated, but at delaying it, which is indeed a success.
    A rom not being available at the time of release is what drives sales. I myself bought Escape 2042 and didn't with Tanglewood (at first) exactly for this reason (well, that and the first being half the cost of the second), and there's a million examples like this.

Needless t say I find it more honest to go BigEvilCorp's way because they are not in it for the money, so you want your game spread worldwide. I'm curious about how many people have bought all those piko, 1985 etc games that are not available in rom form (for free or pirated, I mean), but my guess is those numbers are pretty low, so few people are really playing them, which is a pity.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Road Rasher

there are countless examples of anti piracy method doing harm in a way or another, actually hurting more paying customers. The mantra of 1 pirated copy = 1 lost sale has also been proved wrong for decades. Groups will do releases for the heck of it, the more protected a software is, the more effort they'll put on it.
    And also on the retro market, complete in box status is a big thing. There's no need to have some 256 bit encryption for an MD game FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoandr
    there are countless examples of anti piracy method doing harm in a way or another, actually hurting more paying customers. The mantra of 1 pirated copy = 1 lost sale has also been proved wrong for decades. Groups will do releases for the heck of it, the more protected a software is, the more effort they'll put on it.
    Hey, you! Don't copy that floppy!

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    BigEvilCorp's way because they are not in it for the money
    Well, it's not like Matt and the Tanglewood team are a bunch of hippies feeding themselves through photosynthesis.
    Money is necessary for anything, especially to produce something with the quality of Tanglewood. The other day I saw you grouping it with Escape 2042, which is a huge misconception.

It's not cheap at all to design, develop, test and release a game like Tanglewood.
    The ROM was an option created upon community request during the crowdfunding phase of the project and not something to just spread the game at all costs.

I also suggest you having a look on the people involved in Tanglewood; you may come to this amazing realization that its staff is actually far more accomplished than you seem to think.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Eep386 View Post
    Hey, you! Don't copy that floppy!
    YoU wOuLdN'T dOwNlOaD a CaR

Thread Information