Quantcast

Page 683 of 697 FirstFirst ... 183583633673679680681682683684685686687693 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 10453

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

It really is good! Awesome, in fact. But you know, Paprium was like "The resurrection of the beat'em up", and it has been surpassed on all fronts. An oficial Streets of Rage sequel has been released BEFORE Paprium was even finished. And you can go to other recent jewels of the genre like Fight'N Rage. Any good addition to the genre is welcome, but Paprium has failed to resurrect anything, even if it releases in the end, it will be on a marginal system that only a few of us has on a working condition, and press impact will be near zero. He should go for a multiplatform release, but you know, Fonzie does Fonzie things, which at this point is only a bunch of lies for years, and stealing our money. Even if it did release on current platforms, well... I think it would be overshadowed by Streets of Rage 4.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I don't really agree. I prefer the clean style of SoR 1 and 2 over the grittier one of 3, but the SoR 3 character sprites are objectively superior. They have fixed several minor issues that were in SoR 2 (bad poses like the ones I mentioned in my previous comment, sligthly rough animations like Axel's defensive special which forms a nice circular shape in SoR 3, a better stance for Axel and Blaze...). I say that as a pixel artist who has studied loads of frames from both games. About the SoR 3 stages, well, I like them overall. The stages and character designs are more classic and iconic in SoR 2, but 3 tried to go for something different, and I respect that.

Zan is bad, though. Uninspired design, boring to play as. I tried to like him, but I can't. At least he's original, I guess.
    In terms of sprites I tend to agree with you; I've paid more attention only to Axel's though.
    They also look a bit bulkier than the SOR2 ones to my eyes; which were a bit on the thin side.

It's a bit sad that the stages didn't seem to have received the same treatment. The lighting was noticeably better in SOR2 IMO.

Thanks for the details you've provided in your posts; very interesting to me.

I know I've mentioned this before. But I still think that Fonzie will only have to show some tiny little detail of the game that hasn't been seen before and half the people on here will go right back to saying: "OMG this game is gonna awesome! Screw the haters I'm waiting patiently for the game!!!"

Right now though I think that people need to learn their lesson about backing vaporware and just move on from Paprium. Maybe something interesting will come to light in ten years time when someone finds a dev kit in Fonzie's basement or something, but until then you're wasting your time even discussing Paprium.

That mythical dev kit lost by Air France

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

With regards to the art and graphics I look at it this way: If we saw those screenshots in magazines back in the 90s we'd have lost our minds, same for the advert. We really would have raved about how good it all looks.

If you don't like the aesthetic, or vibe, that's subjective but one can't deny the artistry or effort from the pixel artists, it looks good.

I still have a suspicion that this will see the light one day, but obviously nothing like in the way it was intended and likely incomplete as some kind of playable ROM, these kinds of things generally creep out.

Now, back to Xenocrisis...

There have been no news for almost a year and Streets of Rage 4 is out. This thread should be closed. It is not a dead horse anymore. It is merely atoms.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

I'm not sure closing this thread would achieve anything. It doesn't matter if Paprium gets released or not, we're just enjoying ourselves chatting here.
    Besides, closing this thread might encourage people to open new threads about Paprium, asking for news, info and stuff about it.

I think the thread should be closed until some actual news surfaces about the game. Any further discussion is pointless right now because its all just speculation.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

In before lock.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Yessssss, lets lock the only place where people can complain about Fonzie being a THIEF.
    lets make sure the THIEF knows that he got away scot-free.

You hear that Fonz? you got away with your stolen thousands of dollars/euros!

Motherfucker can't even be arsed to make a "hi despite corona we're working hard!" post.

yeah I think it's about time fonzie steps out the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by afro man dan View Post
    yeah I think it's about time fonzie steps out the shadows.
    It doesn't matter when you read that.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    It is merely atoms.
    Let us get to the quarks.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

If anything, this thread is poison for that game. It's nearly 700 pages of confusion, frustration, and dismissal of this game. We'd do Fonzie a favor by closing or removing it. I like the idea of this thread, the blog, and the videos, existing as a monument to how monumentally underwhelming and ridiculous Paprium is. Paprium may never come to fruition, but as a "game" it helped cement what the retro community as a whole needs to look at, expect, and demand from crowd funded projects.

More over, Fonzie can't do this again. This has been such a black eye for him in the retro community that it will be hard to recover from it.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 05-02-2020 at 03:07 AM.

Outrunner

I donít mean to be negative and Iím not pointing fingers, but if we are all honest with ourselves then this board simply does not have the thriving activity it once had. I check in here daily, add posts where relevant, and still enjoy the place even if I wish we had more to talk about.

Locking an active thread, which, over the last few days, has been the only one with new posts, is potentially a nail (note: not THE nail, or the final nail, but a nail nonetheless) in the coffin.

Letís keep this place active, please, even if the topic we are discussing causes anguish from the financial and emotional loss from those of us who invested.

Thread Information