Quantcast

Page 709 of 742 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 11121

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    yes sir !
    Very thanks and good luck my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Given the whole history of this, are you actually serious??! LMAO
    I believe Luis. Simple as that.

Does this mean Paprium will get put on a cartridge, packaged and shipped to everyone who bought it? I don't know.
    But knowing that there is a full and working game takes us a very important step closer.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    But knowing that there is a full and working game takes us a very important step closer.
    More likely is that the game has been slightly improved since the terrible party footage that we saw, by now most companies would be making Paprium 3.
    but Fonzie finally got music playing after two years.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I get where you're coming from Stifu. I do. I always felt that Luis' public announcements where not just for us but to also motivate Fonzie.

I believe Fonzie really wants to get Paprium out to us and I can only image how frustrated he has been with the troubles that have gotten us to this point.

Luis has been stuck between not being allowed to say most of what he wants to say while still trying hard to keep us informed and keeping things moving along with Fonzie.

Now that Luis has been able to say "the game is indeed working amazingly" we really do have some significant news. Pretty cool.
    Poor little Fonzie is frustrated but can't be bothered communicating with all the people who have funded this project. I think the last time we've heard from him was with his clumsy and patronizing "Those who understands, understands" message. I believe Fonzie deserves to be treated with the same disdain he's treating us.

Why just saying "soon" is aggravating to me:
    - If it turns out to be true, then no need to say it, because we'll all get the good news "soon" anyway
    - If it turns out to be false, then you're just making an ass of yourself
    - Whether it turns out to be true or false, you're just stirring a shit pot that has been brewing for a couple of years
    - "soon" is as unclear as it gets. It's been said a couple of weeks ago already. So all we know is that "soon" doesn't mean "within the next few weeks"

On the bright side, Luis is now sharing a tiny bit of actual info, even though he's walking on eggshells here because Big Moustache is watching us.
    When Luis says he has been asked to help, I wonder if that means he has been retouching the Paprium graphics recently, or something else.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

I wonder how much time Luis gives Fonzie for realization of plan A before an initiation of his own B plan?

Did any of you guys get shipping notification from Watermelon today??

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker jymannob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    The question is simple:

Has the final rom been transferred to a fully functional cart and hundreds of these functional carts been manufactured and assembled with packaging in order to be shipped as we talk?
    I'm sure the response is "No".
    And more precisely I'm sure Paprium still does not have Gold build.

Fonzie probably saw the voxelscape demo and decided that Paprium needed 3D underground cave bonus stages /s

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Fonzie probably saw the voxelscape demo and decided that Paprium needed 3D underground cave bonus stages /s
    Dattenmeister would be more usable here, ironicaly

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I want to preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for the work Luis does. He's a great artist, and I know he means well, but I don't think further contributions to Paprium, or collaboration with Fonzie is wise. I don't want Luis' reputation to be marred by this game, especially considering how much Luis is contributing to other games in the homebrew/indy community.

That being said, I hate to be this difficult, but nothing Luis or Fonzie say about this game at this point carries any weight.

If Fonzie was so hard-up for Luis' help, Luis should have put some ground rules in. Namely, a shred of decency shown to the people that invested and already paid for the game. I wouldn't have expected any level of collaboration from Luis on an endeavor with Fonzie without some realistic caveats put in place regarding the treatment of existing investors.

If you want this game to get done, don't keep working in the same manner/ways that got us here in the first place.

This is exactly what I mean in regards to how members of the Paprium team work together at the collective detriment of the community. No one here would really give a care about this game if our money wasn't wrapped up in it, but these people keep acting like they don't owe us anything. Let me spell it out for you. Everyone still engaged with Fonzie/WM owes investors this game. WM has been in default of their agreement for years. Not days or months, years.

The least either Luis or Fonzie owe us is an explanation and the real status of this game. I don't care if they do it in a public forum, or via emails to the people that already paid for this garbage, but I can say, unequivocally, that any long-winded speech about how you want to do right by the community and the team that contributed to the game, needs to start with what the hell you're doing to guarantee that this same nonsense doesn't keep playing out.

By just coming in here and saying essentially what you said last year, "I played it on actual hardware" does nothing. This answers nothing. All the investors know exactly what they knew prior to that revelation. Nothing.

This cyclical garbage plays out over and over with Paprium, I really can't fathom how Fonzie even thinks this will end positively.

The worst thing about this is that we can't do anything. We can't even vote with our dollar, because this thief ran off with everyone's money, then Luis tells us he's gonna work with this guy to help get it finished. What exactly do you all think can be done? Luis can't even convince Fonzie to give investors an update, let alone finish, publish, and ship all these games, even less, attempt to remove Fonzie from the equation and get it published without him, in some sort of alternate dimension plan-B, in the event an agreement can't be reached.

"Soon" literally meant nothing. In fact, nothing would have come up, had we not collectively smashed that garbage down the second it was said. It wasn't till the only place left talking about this game unanimously started going in on this, that anyone showed up to say anything, and we still got the same vapid non-information. The way Fonzie and WM and anyone who chooses to cooperate with him have handled this is shameful. I wish that as a community, we could do something, because this level of mistreatment to people that actually paid for a game is just messed up.

My suggestion would be to distance yourself from this Luis. You already are a respected, contributing member to the retro game community, and an artist for other games, that are actually out, or coming out. The only way you should be involved with Fonzie and Paprium at this point is if he's finally deciding on doing things right. Otherwise, don't risk your good reputation for someone who obviously doesn't care about their own.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 08-04-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I want to preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for the work Luis does. He's a great artist, and I know he means well, but I don't think further contributions to Paprium, or collaboration with Fonzie is wise. I don't want Luis' reputation to be marred by this game, especially considering how much Luis is contributing to other games in the homebrew/indy community.

That being said, I hate to be this difficult, but nothing Luis or Fonzie say about this game at this point carries any weight.

If Fonzie was so hard-up for Luis' help, Luis should have put some ground rules in. Namely, a shred of decency shown to the people that invested and already paid for the game. I wouldn't have expected any level of collaboration from Luis on an endeavor with Fonzie without some realistic caveats put in place regarding the treatment of existing investors.

If you want this game to get done, don't keep working in the same manner/ways that got us here in the first place.

This is exactly what I mean in regards to how members of the Paprium team work together at the collective detriment of the community. No one here would really give a care about this game if our money wasn't wrapped up in it, but these people keep acting like they don't owe us anything. Let me spell it out for you. Everyone still engaged with Fonzie/WM owes investors this game. WM has been in default of their agreement for years. Not days or months, years.

The least either Luis or Fonzie owe us is an explanation and the real status of this game. I don't care if they do it in a public forum, or via emails to the people that already paid for this garbage, but I can say, unequivocally, that any long-winded speech about how you want to do right by the community and the team that contributed to the game, needs to start with what the hell you're doing to guarantee that this same nonsense doesn't keep playing out.

By just coming in here and saying essentially what you said last year, "I played it on actual hardware" does nothing. This answers nothing. All the investors know exactly what they knew prior to that revelation. Nothing.

This cyclical garbage plays out over and over with Paprium, I really can't fathom how Fonzie even thinks this will end positively.

The worst thing about this is that we can't do anything. We can't even vote with our dollar, because this thief ran off with everyone's money, then Luis tells us he's gonna work with this guy to help get it finished. What exactly do you all think can be done? Luis can't even convince Fonzie to give investors an update, let alone finish, publish, and ship all these games, even less, attempt to remove Fonzie from the equation and get it published without him, in some sort of alternate dimension plan-B, in the event an agreement can't be reached.

"Soon" literally meant nothing. In fact, nothing would have come up, had we not collectively smashed that garbage down the second it was said. It wasn't till the only place left talking about this game unanimously started going in on this, that anyone showed up to say anything, and we still got the same vapid non-information. The way Fonzie and WM and anyone who chooses to cooperate with him have handled this is shameful. I wish that as a community, we could do something, because this level of mistreatment to people that actually paid for a game is just messed up.

My suggestion would be to distance yourself from this Luis. You already are a respected, contributing member to the retro game community, and an artist for other games, that are actually out, or coming out. The only way you should be involved with Fonzie and Paprium at this point is if he's finally deciding on doing things right. Otherwise, don't risk your good reputation for someone who obviously doesn't care about their own.
    I'd rep again if I could. It's the exact same story every single time. This time it works, it's running on real hardware, everything is done, you'll receive it "soon"...except there's still zero evidence of any progress being made whatsoever. It makes no sense. Anyone who had that train wreck of a launch party would have made a video showing the game working as soon as they could.

I stand by what I said earlier, what I see in Fonzie is a con man who wants to drag this out for several years to reduce the risk of being sued.

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    But jokes aside, all I'm saying is there is still hope people, and if for any reason that would fail. I have a plan B and still prove that I have been honest with everything I have ever said.
    This isn't about "hope", it's about taking the bare minimum responsibility for a product people paid for, if you can't even do that then just shut up really, you don't have to cover Fonzie's incompetence. If the thing really is still in progress then talk less and do/show more, you aren't in the position of perpetuating baseless promises anymore.
    Last edited by Vludi; 08-04-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Its disgusting that Fonzie and Luis are still doing the whole "its coming guys! its coming so much~!"
    Its not coming, and I'm tired of the lies and the attempts to ease the crowd.

I want out of this failure, even if they show proof that the final game is only days away I still want out.

Refund me.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Its disgusting that Fonzie and Luis are still doing the whole "its coming guys! its coming so much~!"
    Its not coming, and I'm tired of the lies and the attempts to ease the crowd.

I want out of this failure, even if they show proof that the final game is only days away I still want out.

Refund me.
    What some of you need to know is that I have nothing to do with WM and how WM dealt with its lack of updates, funding, manufacturing issues , what ever the case may be. Put that in your heads, second there is no lies in what I came here to share and letting those who care know that the game is very much completed. Anything else I cant say and its up to WM.

I'm just trying to be kind here so please dont put me or my works in the same category. I dont mean to upset anyone, so I think I'll just stop posting about Paprium period.
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; 08-04-2020 at 09:35 PM.

I am done with WM and anybody who defends this kinda business practice.
    Open up refunds Fonzie, I don't want to be part of this anymore.

Thread Information