Quantcast

Page 565 of 701 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 10503

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorporation View Post
    Code:
    Domain Name: MAGICALGAMEFACTORY.COM
    Registry Expiry Date: 2018-12-07T03:13:19Z
    Well, I guess that's that.
    I thought they kept it active for a number of days after expiry? I know he's got a window of time to renew it before it's released.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Holy crap. Looks like things are really falling apart at WM...

SEGA! Beat us if you can! Nameless One SEGAretro's Avatar

Confused

Registry Expiry Date: 2018-12-07T03:13:19Z
    Registrar Expiration Date: 2019-12-07

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Good grief.

I'd say it's unrelated, even if somebody else took over the domain because it expired that still wouldn't give them access to the server (which is what you'd need in order to get all those e-mail addresses).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I thought they kept it active for a number of days after expiry? I know he's got a window of time to renew it before it's released.
    Generally yes. But sometimes they can keep a window to renew the domain and dismiss the web storage. In this case you still have the domain, but nothing to link to.
    This is totally dependant of what kind of hosting WM is using.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Im pretty sure WM had a security breach, i received an email in my junk folder where they tell me they got my passwords and will send videos of me masturbating in front of my webcam to all my contacts. They reveal my password, which is the one i use only at wmgf, they ask for 1160 usd or else. I dont have a webcam so i call BS!!
    Oh... crazier and crazier...what will be next ?

Master of Shinobi

Hey check out this new game from WM, oh wait you cannot preoder anymore.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Hey check out this new game from WM, oh wait you cannot preoder anymore.
    "Purchase not available at the moment, please leave us a message with your contact details here, we will get back to you shortly. Thank you!"

But the link no longer works.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Looks like Fonzie took whatever money was left and ran. He's probably on a beach in Monaco right now laughing at everyone on the forums who were still hoping that Paprium wasn't vaporware and that the game would someday be released.

I never pre-ordered the game and only followed the drama because I was (and still am) a fan of Pier Solar HD and thought what was happening with Watermelon and it's "mysterious" new game to be so interesting, but for those who have been following Paprium since early on or put money into the game, I feel really bad that Fonzie ended up conning and scamming you guys when it's been obvious what was going on for the past several years with the "launch part" being Fonzie's big middle-finger finale.

What sucks the most about this, for me personally, is that I now know for sure that a physical PS4 release of Pier Solar HD is never going to happen, which is a shame because it's such a good old-school jrpg and a lot of good people worked their asses off to make it what it finally became (with Pier Solar HD Version 1.02 being an 8/10 jrpg imo).
    Last edited by DrLight99; 12-12-2018 at 07:45 PM.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

When do we hire this guy?

Looks like Fonzie will have to man up and tell us why the website was down.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I'd say it's unrelated, even if somebody else took over the domain because it expired that still wouldn't give them access to the server (which is what you'd need in order to get all those e-mail addresses).
    Yeah, but there was also the issue last week where many people could not log in at MGF for hours. Password recovery sent non working passwords, and then the old passwords worked again. I imagine that must be when the site was hacked.

The whole expiration of the domain...

I do not understand what Fonzie is/was thinking.
    He threw that big party late October. Promising that the game should arrive at customers' homes at that date or a little later. If no manufacturing had been in the works and worse, the game was not done at all... He knew he could not deliver anything late October or even December for that matter. The announcement put him in a spot where it was clear the game must be in manufacturing or else that October date was never possible. There was no way out of that statement.

Why go public, spend money on a big party, give interviews and what not? Just in hopes that showing off attracts some gullible investor out of nowhere that saves the day? Even if an investor had turned up everybody would have known the promised delivery soon was a lie.

On that day the party went on he must have known there was no money left, the domain would expire, and no product was being made. I would imagine you want to keep a low profile in that situation instead of doing a big event and actually fueling hope even more.

And if he knew that this would be malicious intent. Then he tried to knowingly trick people. Through all of this Paprium dev hell I have thought many things. That he was a bad businessman. A terrible organizer (remember the original 2013 release date?). That he had a bad way to treat people, be it colleagues or customers. That he had fantasies too grand and his ego was too big. But the way I knew him I also always thought that at the very least he genuinely put a lot of effort into it and planned to deliver. I did consider he may just run out of money being the bad businessman he is with a game delayed for so many years, a limited target audience and a crowdfunding plattform (MGF) that I can not imagine made a lot of money. Failure, yes, maybe... But I never would have thought of him as somebody to scam people. If he made those promises and they were empty, if WM is broke and no product coming... If mail adresses and the website have been abandoned for that reason... Then he really did not confront failure but instead opted to silently give up and hide. Then he scammed people and lied to cover it up in October.

Unless he is in a coma there is no excuse to not make a statement to all the investors and customers in a situation like this.

This situation now is worse than anything I ever thought possible. The worst thing in my mind was that he would made a statement he was bankrupt, the money gone and no way to deliver the game. Like we see from successful Kickstarters gone south. But run and hide, with first Fonzie, then the mail adresses and now the MGF disappearing.... Wow.

I feel like a fool for having been excited for the game despite my experiences with him... For even telling people I trust him and he was just difficult and bad at communications... And sharing his damn coupon codes in my sigs.

WCPO Agent

Is it possible he has a drug problem? If so it would explain a lot. A big ego only goes so far, usually those guys become more humble after they fail a few times.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afro man dan View Post
    Looks like Fonzie will have to man up and tell us why the website was down.
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

Thread Information