Quantcast

Page 567 of 701 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 10503

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Damned question. Why Fonzie did not make a clear SOS announce ? Money could help but he maybe also needs talented people as programmers and electronics engineer too.
    For the record people in the dev community have reached out to him to offer assistance. He rejected it! He doesn't need money he needs managing but that's impossible.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Cartridge production alone will be many tens of thousands of dollars with the amount of pre-orders that need to be filled. If not more with all the fancy stuff like the extra chip.

And if he has proven one thing than that he can not handle money well. The pre orders were pretty huge last year, for a game supposedly almost done. Yet he seems to have burned through the money from thousands of sold games still and sticks. And we do not know if it os even just manufacturing that still needs to be done.

Honestly, whether he means ill or not you should not think of giving any more to someone who seems to have wasted so much already.

It would be a terrific waste of 6 years of hard work time if Paprium is not completed/fixed as it is already at advanced build state.
    But Fonzie should consider the game as his "baby". Accepting help means skill limits reached.
    Moreover giving or sharing property rights is equal for him to recognize he went wrong concerning past choices.

We do not even know how advanced the game is. All anybody else ever saw was apparently far from finished. What he showed at the party would be an alpha version. All we have is his claim that the game was finished. Just like the claim that it was going to be delivered late October or then December, eventhough he must have known it would not if he is broke.

I defended his intentions as being honestly intending to deliver, and possibly really being near finished or working on manufacturing in China for the longest time. But his disappearing when the sites go down and the mail adresses are deactivated break the camel's neck for me. I don't trust anything he claimed anymore. For all we know the game may be in the state seen at that party.

And fuck that being his baby... He took thousands of peoples' money and has a responsibility for that. If he was offered help he should have taken it. Whatever is neccessary to deliver what people paid for.

And if this is the end... Then go and make a public statement instead of just letting the lights go out and hide. The mail adresses disappearing was weeks ago. Nothing. Now the sites. Still nothing.
    I even saw scammers on Kickstarter doing an apology video because one of them had used the money to buy a house for himself. If Fonzie really just went broke, intended the best but failed... At least show the respect to customers to apologize and make things clear.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    How much money do you think he needs to finish this project?
    No idea, but I would guess ten thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I'm willing to invest
    Don't.

I invested in another WM project, yet unannounced, years ago. I asked for my money back last year. It was one of the best decisions of my entire life. About a month ago, Fonzie wrote to me, being really pissed that I asked them back and full of regret that he gave it to me, though I was fully entitled to it. That message, which had some other stuff in it as well, was one of the most hilarious things I've ever read and really confirmed everything Tulio said about him.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Master of Shinobi

For the 3rd time: Paprium site is still online. Is it just because this one hasn't expired? Why hasn't he taken it down?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    For the 3rd time: Paprium site is still online. Is it just because this one hasn't expired? Why hasn't he taken it down?
    I don't think he actively took anything down. He just let it expire.

The MGF was launched in 2012. paprium.com came years later and probably just has a different expiration date.

Registered later and paid for hosting a different year cycle? (for example, march-feb instead of november-october)
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Death Adder's minion

I happened to have the server IP address cached from before DNS stopped resolving. The MGF website is still accessible if you add this line to your hosts file:

Code:
    213.186.33.97 magicalgamefactory.com www.magicalgamefactory.com
    So at least we know OVH has not pulled the plug on the server itself.

Accidentally letting domain names expire happens all the time, even for "real" businesses, it's not uncommon for the registration to have been made years ago and that person or that email address is no longer around and it just falls through the cracks. BUT -- for a "real" business they will be panicking within minutes of the website being down and domain name being expired. And they will act immediately to restore service. And that's why most of the domain registrars hold onto the name for a while after expiration and charge a big fee to reinstate it after expiration.

I am assuming incompetence is a more likely reason than fraud. But who the hell knows anymore.

Nameless One

I've bit my tongue regarding my thoughts on this whole thing for a while now and while I personally don't have any stake in this, I feel it's finally time to say my piece as an outsider looking in, now whether this project was intended to be a scam from the start or not is completely irrelevant at this point, the fact remains that people spent money on Paprium and after 6 years of waiting they have absolutely nothing to show for it aside from a few (probably doctored) screenshots and footage of the game that can be considered very early alpha at best (and that's being generous), and realistically speaking I don't see that fact changing anytime soon, I thought that most smart people would have learned to be leery when it comes to Fonzie and his nonsensical business practices after the debacle that happened with the DC version of PS but apparently not, while it's true that most versions of PSHD came out in a decent amount of time, the Dreamcast version was the very last version released despite being one of the INITIAL versions announced on the PSHD Kickstarter campaign, and I'm willing to bet money that the only reason the DC version even got released at all was because of some serious arm twisting from the backers who were tired of waiting for what they paid for when everyone else already had their product for months if not years prior, as far as I'm concerned if anyone out there is actually stupid enough to throw their money at this project after the disaster that happened back in October (and I don't say that lightly) they do so at their own risk with the full knowledge that they will probably never get their product, Fonzie has destroyed, no outright OBLITERATED any and all credibility he had left and it's time for him to man up and do right by the customers, but knowing how he is he probably won't.

Nameless One

Honestly, I'll feel better if they just come out and say: "Hey, we stole your money, deal with it." or "Hey, we ran out of money, so no game for you, sorry." instead of leading us on so I could eradicate what is left of my hopes for release. I have friends who joined the purchase with me whom I convinced should get the game, and I'd love to have some definite explanation for them instead of assumptions.

Master of Shinobi

Boy wouldn't that be great if the just came out and announced a new project and just cited Paprium as a "sorry just a bit more months delay" footnote?

Also Zebbe you are not talking about Vixen 357 aren't you?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

WCPO Agent

Have never met Fonzie no idea if he is a scammer or not -- but any clinically sane person would have posted some kind of explanation by now. Even if he just said "I'm sorry, the project was harder than I thought, I'm doing my best to get it done and here's where I am now" that would be better than disappearing. Regardless of intent it now looks like a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3 View Post
    I thought that most smart people would have learned to be leery when it comes to Fonzie and his nonsensical business practices after the debacle that happened with the DC version of PS but apparently not, while it's true that most versions of PSHD came out in a decent amount of time, the Dreamcast version was the very last version released despite being one of the INITIAL versions announced on the PSHD Kickstarter campaign, and I'm willing to bet money that the only reason the DC version even got released at all was because of some serious arm twisting from the backers who were tired of waiting for what they paid for when everyone else already had their product for months if not years prior,
    Now to be fair he had little to do with PSHD if anything. He was already working on Paprium back then.
    PSHD was late, and the Dreamcast version especially. But that is very common for kickstarters. The Dreamcast version simply had to come last. Dreamcast was the one version that would not have had the benefit of patching afterwards if any bugs popped up. And it was probably the one that required the most unique coding due to it being ancient while you can compile modern games for various platforms simultaneously. So it simply needed more care than any of the others.

PSHD's makers were the ones in an actual office, doing real updates to keep backers informed and handling things professionally. That was Tulio's baby and he basically surrendered the company to Fonzie after he had done his job and finished PSHD for all backers. If he had been managing the Paprium project as well (which Fonzie simply did not make possible as stated here, with Tulio as company boss not even getting updates) we would probably not be in this situation now.
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 12-13-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Barone and myself were saying for a long time that Paprium was never going to exist, yet people were always quick to defend Fonzie and his bullshit. Now if it weren't for all the money that may be lost, I would find the current reaction hilarious. I guess people really really really wanted to believe in Fonzie, but regardless of the outcome I hope that people learn a valuable lesson from all this. Though I'm actually quite confident that there's still plenty of idiots in the community who would back another Fonzie project tomorrow if they could.

Now I'll say this for the last time. Will a few people just get together and confront Fonzie face to face? Right now you have nothing more to lose, and everything to gain.

Thread Information