Quantcast

Page 742 of 742 FirstFirst ... 242642692732738739740741742
Results 11,116 to 11,121 of 11121

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    You could do away with the PC and include a coprocessor in the wi-fi module itself to handle the conversion, I guess. No idea how computationally expensive it'd be to achieve reasonable quality, though every independent slice is only 144 pixels (722), and if something like this was attempted back in the day they'd probably shove the tasks to an ASIC that decodes on the fly (it only needs to be fast enough to decode two slices per scanline and may need to buffer like at most only eight slices ahead of time, so it doesn't sound unfeasible).

A bigger issue would be the UI, window plane and plane B are still free but the colors are all used up! (I guess that when the UI is visible it'll need to take up over the space of entire slices to make it work so it can stomp over their palettes)

EDIT: wait, the above is assuming it's getting raw RGB data at the correct resolution, I guess that this isn't the case and you also need something to decode and resize the stream in the first place lol
    Well back in the day it wouldn't be wireless, I guess you would need SCSI to handle the data transfer. But yeah the processing seems doable, start with uncompressed AVI or QuickTime 1.0 and use bilinear interpolation to resize it (unless there's another method that's less computationally expensive). You might get some artifacts on hard edges but probably not too noticeable in motion.

For the UI, how about when you press start the video pauses and the frame changes to black and white, then you have all the colors you need for the UI. What would be interesting is if it's possible to show the video fast forwarding and rewinding with that limited processing power. Basically the world's most complicated VCR lol

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training DarkKobold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    3k subscribers and merchandise T-shirts already.

Kill me. Please. Just kill me.
    That is... beyond absurd. If he calls himself an influencer, I might join you.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

A recent video on Paprium, in French:

Nothing new, but it's funny. The guy mentions Sega-16 many times, so he might be a member here... or maybe just a lurker.

Nice storytelling, full of sarcasm, the author had preordered the game too, but still manages to remain objective in the end. Thanks for sharing!

What was the game in the ad running on? Seems like a pc program? Has any one talked about how the ad was created?

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by acem77 View Post
    What was the game in the ad running on? Seems like a pc program? Has any one talked about how the ad was created?
    That's come up several times, I don't think I've seen a definitive answer. My speculation is that it was created in After Effects or similar software.

Thread Information