Quantcast

Page 593 of 677 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603643 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 10142

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    I have been recently told by Fonzie that the manufacturing budget has been secured but what remains is to find funds for the shipping process. He added the Chinese factories are closed during the period of the holidays but should proceed within a month.

Another lie on top of another lie! Good luck trying to secure funds! I won't give him a single cent!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Has anyone ever seen Keiji Inafune and Fonzie in the same room at the same time? Almost makes you wonder doesn't it

I wonder if Watermelon's Paypal account is still frozen, I mean can you blame Paypal for being suspicious?

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post

Only politifact lies more than Fonzie.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Why does "Fonzie" always mysteriously speak through third parties instead of directly to customers? If only there was some way of directly communicating to a virtually limitless amount of people via digital means....

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Why does "Fonzie" always mysteriously speak through third parties instead of directly to customers? If only there was some way of directly communicating to a virtually limitless amount of people via digital means....
    I think at this point he knows to keep a few degrees of separation between himself and the angry mob, who would most likely react negatively no matter what he has to say anyway after so many broken promises/release dates/general confusion. At least he's communicating with someone though I guess.

Yeah, but now what's happening is that anybody who even remotely had anything to do with the project is being glued to the same reputation of liar as more people are starting to consider the game to be fake (even though I'm pretty sure it's not fake but just one of the biggest mismanagements ever in gaming history, right up there with Sonic Xtreme and Duke Nukem Forever).

One has to wonder if it's really worth letting other speak on his behalf… :​/

Hero of Algol

Sik nailed it.

Ignoring the refund requests and shutting down the e-mails after the abysmal release party put Fonzie in the worst spot possible and he made it by himself.
    He's now this giant elephant in the room that people involved with this project have to deal with on top of all the negativity related to the non-delivery of it.

Public perception at this point is that it was a scam since people can't get their money back, no game has been delivered and the list of blatant lies just keeps growing.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

It would be far worse if he just went to ground never to be heard from again.

Anyway, I think there's probably a lot of stuff that's happened/ is currently going on we don't know about (ie people closer to the project aren't letting on for whatever reason). It's confusing as hell, with contradictory accounts coming from various sources regarding where this project is at in terms of completeness. We don't know the state of the implementation of the coprocessor (or if there actually is one, did the soundtrack have to be retooled in it's absence etc), or even if the footage used for the 'release' video is genuine MD or not.

Just thinking out loud really, and despite everything my gut feeling is that this thing is probably winding up. I sure hope some sort of resolution is coming.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    (ie people closer to the project aren't letting on for whatever reason)
    The reason might be that there's no news at all. That sounds more likely than stuff happening with no one ever leaking anything.

[speculation]

If I were to take a guess on where the project is based on various sources: it was probably close to complete, then Fonzie broke something spectacularly at last minute that left it in an atrocious state that it looks like an early prototype.

I remember discussing on Discord about it back when the party happened and one theory is that the coprocessor 1) is handling sprite data and 2) some timing issue showed up that's causing the communication between the coprocessor and the console break halfway, resulting in most of the data becoming garbage, and then the party approached and Fonzie panicked and removed enemies to try to hide it and… well, we know how it went.

…also in hindsight, all the parts that failed are parts that would probably use DMA and erm, yeah, DMA is infamous about causing timing headaches ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[/speculation]

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

It's unlikely that Fonzie broke something at the last minute before the party. He even tweeted a broken footage (that one featuring Tug rolling on the floor like a dumbass) the day before the party, before deleting it. That footage is on the same level as what was shown at the party. I guess the reactions to that footage were not as good as he had hoped... Remember the game was supposed to be already mass produced at this point.
    Last edited by Stifu; 01-27-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    It's unlikely that Fonzie broke something at the last minute before the party. He even tweeted a broken footage (that one featuring Tug rolling on the floor like a dumbass) the day before the party, before deleting it. That footage is on the same level as what was shown at the party. I guess the reactions to that footage were not as good as he had hoped... Remember the game was supposed to be already mass produced at this point.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    [speculation]

If I were to take a guess on where the project is based on various sources: it was probably close to complete, then Fonzie broke something spectacularly at last minute that left it in an atrocious state that it looks like an early prototype.

I remember discussing on Discord about it back when the party happened and one theory is that the coprocessor 1) is handling sprite data and 2) some timing issue showed up that's causing the communication between the coprocessor and the console break halfway, resulting in most of the data becoming garbage, and then the party approached and Fonzie panicked and removed enemies to try to hide it and… well, we know how it went.

…also in hindsight, all the parts that failed are parts that would probably use DMA and erm, yeah, DMA is infamous about causing timing headaches ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[/speculation]
    Do you think it's possible he had designed the chip in software and when it came time to actually implement it in hardware he ran into trouble? I think that might explain his optimism in thinking the game was nearly complete only to discover there was a lot of work left to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Why should anyone believe anything he says now? As far as I'm aware, he's been saying for a long time that the game is almost done.
    The way I see it. If he was low on money, why did he book a nightclub in Paris for a full night with entertainers, DJs, Models and Paprium merchandise. That party had to have cost in the thousands at the very least.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Thread Information