Quantcast

Page 600 of 677 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 10146

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

  1. #8986
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Unfortunately Fonzie seems like the kind of guy who would rather burn the company to the ground than have anyone else look at his code.
    Dude... Don't spoil the PapiRium ending.

  2. #8987
    Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outer Space 2
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Thing is, it's not his code. It's ours because we paid for it.

  3. #8988
    Wildside Expert paulojr_mam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I do believe in the possibility of Paprium someday being released. But I think the probability is lower than it not being released. Like 65% of probability of it not being released and 35% of it being released.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

  4. #8989
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I have irrational faith, againts all evidences, that it will be released somehow.

  5. #8990
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,616
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Thing is, it's not his code. It's ours because we paid for it.
    Copyright law disagrees :​P

  6. #8991
    Outrunner stika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Part 2 of my Paprium Documentary will be out this sunday:

    Please check out my YouTube channel

  7. #8992
    Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sandy Let Go My Eggo, CA
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    I have irrational faith, againts all evidences, that it will be released somehow.
    Amazing how some people are still believing in miracles after 6 years.


  8. #8993
    Outrunner stika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    part 2 is out!

    Please check out my YouTube channel

  9. #8994
    Sports Talker otobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    6 years, 600 pages on this thread, at least there's a milestone
    I agree though it might still be released... Someday...
    Thanks for the documentary St1ka, great work...

  10. #8995
    Wildside Expert paulojr_mam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Great documentary St1ka, nice investigative journalism work.
    It also really seemed to shed light on how the Datenmeister operates and what it does, although I'm a layman and understood nothing.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

  11. #8996
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,164
    Rep Power
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Dude... Don't spoil the PapiRium ending.
    I could totally see that being done.

    Papi : You're cornered Fonz, give me my game.
    Fonzie : NO! I'D SOONER BURN THIS COMPANY TO THE GROUND THAN GIVE UP MY ONLY WORKING COPY OF THE GAME!
    *Fonzie throws molotov cocktail to the ground and everything starts to burn*
    LEVEL 8 : FRIED GREEN WATERMELONS *Escape the burning WM HQ and finish off Fonzie once and for all*
    Final boss fight against Fonzie (may or may not be in cheap chinese mecha suit)
    Ending picture of Papi proudly holding the game up into the air!!!!
    pic of papi at home with sour face, the game is not very good.

  12. #8997
    WCPO Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    St1ka, great work. Every time I think Fonzie couldn't get any nuttier we learn something new.
    Who leaves the country after two people have a phone call?
    Somebody that impulsive, spending money that doesn't exist, should never be put in charge of anything.

    What a mess with the Pier Solar carts!
    The first batch was released almost a decade ago, are there any reports of them failing?

    Every time I hear about the Datenmeister all I can do is shake my head.
    Something totally unnecessary for a good game and it sounds like it was never even tested.
    What's the point of having 16 or 32 PCM channels on a Genesis or SNES game?
    If I buy a game for an older console I expect it to sound like a game for an older console, not a PSX title.
    Why did Paprium need 3D calculations?

    I find it even funnier that the DSP couldn't handle programming logic, at least not without a ton of work in ASM.
    Was the 68k (with all of 64k of RAM) supposed to be able to connect to the Megawire (or use Bluetooth?), interface with an app on a phone or tablet and download new content all on its own?

    I guess it's possible if your app is doing all the work and just sending data to the Genesis (maybe through a controller port to flash memory on the cart?) but it seems like such a ridiculous amount of work for no real benefit.

    If you are going to go to the trouble of designing a custom cart with its own processor and RAM, at least set it up so the game can logic run on that, at least then you could use a modern programming language and easily port it to other platforms.

  13. #8998
    WCPO Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I could totally see that being done.

    Papi : You're cornered Fonz, give me my game.
    Fonzie : NO! I'D SOONER BURN THIS COMPANY TO THE GROUND THAN GIVE UP MY ONLY WORKING COPY OF THE GAME!
    *Fonzie throws molotov cocktail to the ground and everything starts to burn*
    LEVEL 8 : FRIED GREEN WATERMELONS *Escape the burning WM HQ and finish off Fonzie once and for all*
    Final boss fight against Fonzie (may or may not be in cheap chinese mecha suit)
    Ending picture of Papi proudly holding the game up into the air!!!!
    pic of papi at home with sour face, the game is not very good.
    His mecha suit should look very impressive but quickly fall apart, kind of like the armor in Ghosts n Goblins.

  14. #8999
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Zygrunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Great documentary!

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    His mecha suit should look very impressive but quickly fall apart, kind of like the armor in Ghosts n Goblins.
    After watching the documentary, I think he should have the cart attached to his chest, Decap Attack style. He simply won't let it go and he will use it against you! lol

  15. #9000
    WCPO Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zygrunt View Post
    Great documentary!



    After watching the documentary, I think he should have the cart attached to his chest, Decap Attack style. He simply won't let it go and he will use it against you! lol
    LOL!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •