Quantcast

Page 606 of 677 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 10142

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Some french guy says this at the WM forum (Google translated):

I have heavy and sour sources! [Gen] [: WM]

-Paprium is finally finished and functional on Megadrive.
    -There are actually no problems related to the chip on the actual cartridges shown to the public (those that were not flashed),
    -For the evening, Fonzie knew that his game was still buggy, but not as much as he thought. Everything comes first code, and he actually burned his main prototype and to fall back on an old model he had on hand recoding quickly all that was possible to present a drinkable preview of the game ( which in the end will make everyone laugh.
    -The gameplay of Paprium is tested and calibrated by a dozen players for three years under emulator. The version Megadrive, although bugged is extensively tested for 3 months.
    -The game may be just huge in all areas. 6-button gameplay, secret courses, personal bonus still undisclosed, new features, a game mode, etc ...
    -Technically, the game will not be left either as could have suspected with the history of the chip. A sound quality never heard on Megadrive so dramatically, especially in terms of voice digits, but also zoom, rotations, distortion and transparency effects. The color palette will not be left out with 512 color displayed simultaneously as often as possible. As for the stages of animations for each sprites they are three times more numerous than in SoR 3.
    -The release of the game is scheduled for early September, and you are free to believe like all the bullshit I just told!

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/es...28759/?from=60

"Early september", if any of that is true (I don't think so).
    I seriously couldn't help it...

Last edited by GameUser-16-32-128; 02-26-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

When he said early September, he clearly meant September of 2022 when the new console era causes the video game market to crash and Paprium revives the market much like Super Mario Bros. did in the mid-80s

Part 3 of the paprium documentary is finished. Just adding some last minute changes at the request of Tulio, Luis, Armen and a few others, but nothing too major.

I'm hoping to launch the video this Saturday
    Please check out my YouTube channel

aaand it's confirmed!

The third and final part of this documentary will launch this Saturday:

Please check out my YouTube channel

Stika unstoppable!

Nameless One

It appears "the mainstream" has finally started addressing the Paprium situation.

Finally, someone like Pat is covering it. I gotta say, the whole debacle seemed bad enough just reading about it on here but when I hear Pat and Ian talk about it, the whole situation seems ten times worse.

Uhoh fonzie. Hopefully this video gets more traction since it's Pat.

@ strider1911 Thanks for sharing the video!
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

My favorite user comment on the Pat the NES Punk video: "Paprium sounds like a cream you use for diaper rash".

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    aaand it's confirmed!

The third and final part of this documentary will launch this Saturday:

Great work as always stika. I am so disappointed to see so many people who didn't get paid, not to mention all the people who pre-ordered and got nothing. I guess all the money went into Fonzie's pocket!!

One thing I'm curious about in the video, so the code in Pier Solar was 512k, how does that compare to other games? I can't remember the last time I saw a 16-bit executable that big on the PC, I guess there were a few in 286 era but not many since you rarely have 512k free out of 640k. On a system with only 64k of RAM for both code and all variables that must require a ton of memory management to keep shifting things around to make room -- unless Fonzie had some way of running code directly from the cart? Does that 512k include the LUTs for the Mode 7 effect?

Note that Mega Drive games only keep the variables in RAM (and buffers :v), code is usually run directly from ROM, as well as unchanging data if it's feasible to keep it uncompressed (look-up tables, mappings sometimes, etc.). Older consoles got away with little RAM because the memory-heavy parts would stay in ROM instead (while computers had to load them entirely into RAM before running).

512KB worth of code is still an absurd amount for a Mega Drive game (for context, it's the size of all of Sonic 1), though I don't know if tables are included into that (nor the mode 7 thing).

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Note that Mega Drive games only keep the variables in RAM (and buffers :v), code is usually run directly from ROM, as well as unchanging data if it's feasible to keep it uncompressed (look-up tables, mappings sometimes, etc.). Older consoles got away with little RAM because the memory-heavy parts would stay in ROM instead (while computers had to load them entirely into RAM before running).

512KB worth of code is still an absurd amount for a Mega Drive game (for context, it's the size of all of Sonic 1), though I don't know if tables are included into that (nor the mode 7 thing).
    Oh that makes sense, I don't know why I thought you had to load code into memory before executing it on the MD. Is it slower running from the cart or does it not matter much?

I also totally forgot when I wrote my last post that 16-bit executables on PCs were common up until the mid-90s, I was thinking of the 286 era because that was the last 16-bit processor I owned but even on Windows 3.1 it was all 16-bit applications, of course once you get into 386 Enhanced mode and a swapfile the RAM limitations are not such a big deal. A totally different scenario than the Mega Drive but I guess big 16-bit applications were not uncommon after all.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Oh man, Pat's covering this now too.

It's GAMER news at 11.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

The color palette will not be left out with 512 color displayed simultaneously as often as possible.
    As soon as you read this you know they're talking crap. Unless he's showing still images with little to no sound as often as possible.

Thread Information