Quantcast

Page 206 of 680 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 10190

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I personally don't understand how people can "enjoy" extreme difficulty in games; but to each his own, I suppose.

As for Project Y:

For the love of all that is good and pure, please, do NOT make this an extremely difficult game. Most of us don't like that shit.
    It's all about replayability imo, a game that is easy to master in 1 or 2 hours will get old fast since there isn't much to improve or innovate in your run. A game with a tough challenge will keep you back for more to improve, kinda the logic of arcade gaming.
    Also i never stated the game has to only be difficult, that's the reason i praise SoR2, you can make it extremely easy or very challenging depending on what you want.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

That's what difficulty levels are for. Give me something hard as nails to "master" like Shadow of the Beast or Chakan hard, and expect me to never come back to it after I beat it.

Your point makes sense only in your eyes. For many of us, we count a game "replayable" if it's easy enough to welcome us back for another healthy round.

I can understand wanting a bit of a challenge. But when folks here are asking for shit that's so difficult it may take you years to beat, I'd say 'nough is enough. How the fuck does that make for a fun game to play.

That's what difficulty levels are for. Give me something hard as nails to "master" like Shadow of the Beast or Chakan hard, and expect me to never come back to it after I beat it.
    Those games never had really appealing gameplay so not a good comparison, you need both addicting gameplay and a good challenge.

Your point makes sense only in your eyes.
    No, many people who like arcade-style games love the frantic action and room for improvement in them, fighting games, shoot 'em ups, puyo puyo, you name it.

I can understand wanting a bit of a challenge. But when folks here are asking for shit that's so difficult it may take you years to beat, I'd say 'nough is enough. How the fuck does that make for a fun game to play.
    Nobody is asking for that, and even then how does it affect you if there are easier difficulties for you? i don't get your point at all.

I can see you've managed to take my comment as if it was aimed at you directly. I don't even know you. So, please, by all means, feel free to nitpick this quote too.

You are imagining things man, i simply disagree with your comments lol.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    It's all about replayability imo, a game that is easy to master in 1 or 2 hours will get old fast since there isn't much to improve or innovate in your run. A game with a tough challenge will keep you back for more to improve, kinda the logic of arcade gaming.
    Also i never stated the game has to only be difficult, that's the reason i praise SoR2, you can make it extremely easy or very challenging depending on what you want.
    This. If Watermelon are smart they'll have difficulty options to suit everybody.

We're all saying the same thing; but farting in different directions.

I don't think difficulty levels/options is the issue here. We've all pointed difficulty levels already. The issue I'm bringing to light here is that some games are just way too hard even on the easiest difficulty level/option. And that makes for an extremely unbalanced and unfair game that is simply not fun to play. Again, I have zero issue with others wanting a difficult game.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

At this point in time balanced difficulty is the last thing I'm worried about :P I'm more concerned about seeing the actual game being played they've still not even revealed the name lol

Hero of Algol

Hahahaah, so true.

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    This. If Watermelon are smart they'll have difficulty options to suit everybody.
    I think it is one of the most important things about a Beat them all like PJ Y. Hope Fonzie and the rest of the staff didn't overloook it.

Raging in the Streets

As someone that tried to complete Shadow of the Beast I can say that it's the most unrewarding experience of my life.

The game simply isn't fun.

As for on-topic... oh yeah this thing still exists.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    As someone that tried to complete Shadow of the Beast I can say that it's the most unrewarding experience of my life.

The game simply isn't fun.
    SOTB was always more of a tech demo for the Amiga than it was a legit great game. And seeing it in mags and then running for the first time BITD was certainly impressive, but it's well known to be one of those games that got by on graphics and sound alone. You just don't get jumps in game graphics like that anymore. Me? I've never played it passed the first level, which is weird because I had it as a kid and I usually beat everything, no matter how bad.

I'm going to return to it one day and give it it's proper due.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    As for on-topic... oh yeah this thing still exists.
    Perhaps

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

It's weird to talk difficulty settings for a game that exists as screenshots, blurry video, and conjecture alone.

WM and Fonzie need to get their act together.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    At this point in time balanced difficulty is the last thing I'm worried about :P I'm more concerned about seeing the actual game being played they've still not even revealed the name lol
    it'd be pretty funny if they just end up sticking with Project Y at this point
    i don't know that i'd be surprised, past actually seeing the game anyway

Every time i see a post relating to watermelon i think of this now. http://i.imgur.com/Aksx0iI.gif

Thread Information