Quantcast

Page 691 of 697 FirstFirst ... 191591641681687688689690691692693694695 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 10445

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Chev Chelios View Post
    What I can talk about at the moment is.

The Black Axe team working on 2 simultaneous projects in SGDK for Mega Drive.

1 - The most important project we are working on is codenamed Dark Call, it has a good level of development and in the future we may have a public demo.

2 - the another project is a demo port with 3 fully playable levels of a legendary Konami arcade that has a Boar and a Rhino as punk villains,
    In the current state we have a fully playable stage.
    This project is not for profit and I don't intend to make it public. I was a little afraid after the criticisms made against Megaman X so I will keep it for the team and friends.

In the future I will bring more news.
    Nice!!

Pshhhfftt. Don't worry about criticism haha. Trust me, everyone in that thread is hype to play that finished MM-X port.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Nice!!

Pshhhfftt. Don't worry about criticism haha. Trust me, everyone in that thread is hype to play that finished MM-X port.
    I understand, I will think about it,
    That's it at the moment, I can't give more details.
    Perhaps in the near future.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Chev Chelios; 05-26-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    How does one attempt to contact Fonzie?

Quote Originally Posted by Chev Chelios View Post
    What I can talk about at the moment is.

The Black Axe team working on 2 simultaneous projects in SGDK for Mega Drive.

1 - The most important project we are working on is codenamed Dark Call, it has a good level of development and in the future we may have a public demo.

2 - the another project is a demo port with 3 fully playable levels of a legendary Konami arcade that has a Boar and a Rhino as punk villains,
    In the current state we have a fully playable stage.
    This project is not for profit and I don't intend to make it public. I was a little afraid after the criticisms made against Megaman X so I will keep it for the team and friends.

In the future I will bring more news.
    The Dark Call project it's the Genesis version of the NES like graphical game Odallus no? It's a awesome title, i'm very happy that your team is moving forward with this project.

And please, give a fuck to criticism and show us at least a small part of your other project!

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I recall there being attempts at starting lawsuits… but who the heck is going to pay for the lawyer costs? Because that's going to cost much more on lawyer fees than what anybody lost on this game, and even if it was ruled that Fonzie has to cover the costs (which would be only after the fact, in itself a problem) everything seems to hint at him having spent up all that money already, which means those costs would never be covered up anyway. There's a reason why so many lawsuits are settled, they're money sinks.

The only times where somebody is willing to go through such a lawsuit even knowing the high costs is if they want to set a legal precedent for future cases.

Somebody is collect payment still for digital downloads in all the available market places.. they must be registered as a business and pay taxes. There must be a way to hurt him there. It's fraud at this point. In Ohio we have access to the Ohio attorney general. They will work with costumers that have been wronged. Must be something like this in the state they are registered and somebody in that state that can open a case? small claims court?

Road Rasher

If fonzie had given a contract to tulio to re-release pier solar on switch, he would have enough money to make another s&m party with cocaine amd finish the game

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    If fonzie had given a contract to tulio to re-release pier solar on switch, he would have enough money to make another s&m party with cocaine
    Fixed that for you.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Speaking of Pier Solar, WM probably could have make a few extra bucks if they had fully ported it to the Sega CD with the new animated cutscenes and fixes from the DC port. Maybe use the hardware FX on some of the spells to juice up the "dazzle" a bit.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

They/he could have made money just by functioning like any normal company, but well...

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Speaking of Pier Solar, WM probably could have make a few extra bucks if they had fully ported it to the Sega CD with the new animated cutscenes and fixes from the DC port. Maybe use the hardware FX on some of the spells to juice up the "dazzle" a bit.
    The way the Mega CD works that is impossible for a game the size of Pier Solar without completely rewriting large sections of code. It would probably also have loading times every time you enter a new area or go into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    The way the Mega CD works that is impossible for a game the size of Pier Solar without completely rewriting large sections of code. It would probably also have loading times every time you enter a new area or go into battle.
    Isn't that pretty much how all early CD system RPG's worked though?
    Last edited by avlon; 06-04-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Yeaaah, loading between dungeons isn't that bad (as long as it's not something like loading screen every 5 seconds or so), although I suppose that battle screens could be a problem. Then again, I suppose you could see each dungeon as its own game (including only the data for its maps and its enemies). PRG-RAM and WORD-RAM add up to more than most of the early games (768KB, though a bit of that is eaten by the BIOS), so it should fit comfortably.

The problem is that from what I recall of an examination of Pier Solar is that the game is also very wasteful (and I'm ignoring the mode 7 minigame here). Could have probably fit in a normal 4MB cartridge if they had tried to be more efficient.

Wildside Expert

Pier Solar was originally planned for the MCD but it was abandonned because of the lack of ressource and the problem of ram. Also the whole point of the hd version was to propose the game both with the new hires visuals and the original version along with the new options. The game was programmed with a specific engine to be compatible with dreamcast and new consoles, so I think it is impossible to recreate on an old system like the MD. As I had said, the best way would be to adapt it to the switch for a new audience but until now it was refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    Pier Solar was originally planned for the MCD but it was abandonned because of the lack of ressource and the problem of ram. Also the whole point of the hd version was to propose the game both with the new hires visuals and the original version along with the new options. The game was programmed with a specific engine to be compatible with dreamcast and new consoles, so I think it is impossible to recreate on an old system like the MD. As I had said, the best way would be to adapt it to the switch for a new audience but until now it was refused.
    I don't mean to literally recreate the entire HD game. More like take the existing game with the CD music as the built-in default and add the new gameplay fixes & animated cutscenes from the later versions. I don't think anyone would say that it's a cut-and-paste job. Like Samurai Showdown, MK2, or the many other games that are both Genesis and Sega CD, I'm sure that it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Yeaaah, loading between dungeons isn't that bad (as long as it's not something like loading screen every 5 seconds or so), although I suppose that battle screens could be a problem. Then again, I suppose you could see each dungeon as its own game (including only the data for its maps and its enemies). PRG-RAM and WORD-RAM add up to more than most of the early games (768KB, though a bit of that is eaten by the BIOS), so it should fit comfortably.

The problem is that from what I recall of an examination of Pier Solar is that the game is also very wasteful (and I'm ignoring the mode 7 minigame here). Could have probably fit in a normal 4MB cartridge if they had tried to be more efficient.
    I wouldn't doubt it. I'm sure the size of the game was a part of the marketing IIRC.

WCPO Agent

Well yes, but since this is a bigger game to start with it might have more or longer loading times. I haven't seen the source code but I can imagine it would be a pain to port over, since you now have to constantly swap data in and out of the Mega CD RAM.

If it could have fit into 4 MB I guess that changes things, I'm amazed it could be that unoptimized. Do people really buy games based on the meg count? I thought that only worked for Neo Geo titles.

Thread Information