Quantcast

Page 712 of 742 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 11121

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

I'm going to say this because there has been so much negativity towards Luis.

I still really appreciate any news Luis is able to bring to us. Even if it's very small and not backed up with anything tangible. I still believe his intentions are honest and that's enough for me.

You guys have to back off. Luis doesn't have our money. Our money is gone. Ain't no refund coming from this sega-16 thread.

So if you really believe Paprium is dead then stop following this thread and let your mourning begin.

Seriously, your opinions on Luis shouldn't trump the rest of us who are still happy to hear from Luis. Don't chase him off.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    Seriously, your opinions on Luis shouldn't trump the rest of us who are still happy to hear from Luis. Don't chase him off.
    Well, I don't have a bad opinion of him. But worry not, if Luis ever decides to leave because of our hostility, then I could just take his place and post some "soon" comments to keep hopeful people hoping.

Let me try it... Ahem...
    Hey guys, something related to Paprium is about to happen soon! By the way, the game is awesome! I can't say more, sorry.

How did I do?

Don't take that seriously, I'm just having fun here. I agree Luis doesn't deserve to be lynched.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I'm going to say this because there has been so much negativity towards Luis.

I still really appreciate any news Luis is able to bring to us. Even if it's very small and not backed up with anything tangible. I still believe his intentions are honest and that's enough for me.

You guys have to back off. Luis doesn't have our money. Our money is gone. Ain't no refund coming from this sega-16 thread.

So if you really believe Paprium is dead then stop following this thread and let your mourning begin.

Are you the moderator to tell if people have to leave or not this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    Are you the moderator to tell if people have to leave or not this thread?
    Hey Arm, do you feel my opinion is not reasonable or at least understandable?
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Wildside Expert

I think it is understandable that people are upset and express it given the unclear outcome of all this.

Master of Shinobi

Luis, at this point some people will be pissed with your posts (or anyone's related to the project) no matter what you say or show.

May I suggest you leave it as is and just state if you know that the project is advancing or stopped (I understand you don't -really- know 100% as you are not directly involved in the current process -assuming there is one).
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

I think Luis is being misunderstood here. I don't think he posted his "soon" news to create hype. I think he did it because he knows there are people that want this game to be out, and that would like the news. Yes, he already said months ago that the game works, but the fact that he's saying it twice now it's bold on his part. Only time will tell if he's telling the truth, because for all we know the game doesn't work (as party demo shows). I don't think Luis can say anything not only because of an agreement, but also because he wants the game to be out so he wants to help Fonzie and if he started sharing news here, then Fonzie might shut him out from helping. I don't think Luis should stop posting because he's the only (alleged) connection we have with WM. But he should post more stuff like "game works perfectly" and less stuff like a vague "soon".
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Zero experience and full of shit ?.. wow, I'm stunned. Do you know anything about me to claim such statements ?
    It's just mean.
    I mean, since when are you a level designer, game designer???
    Have you ever designed any part of gameplay on any 2D beat'em up before?
    Is there any credible game designer in this project?
    As far as I know, you're the conceptual artist.

Don't expect me to blow sunshine up your ass because you have worked for Ubisoft and big modern 3D games like a lot of people years ago did to you when you first joined here.

About being full of shit:

https://www.gamingrebellion.com/2017...ium-interview/

That interview is from more than 3 years ago and you, while dodgy, made an assessment about its gameplay.

This is a quote from you in October of 2018:
    I seriously question what is the reason to show the player browsing through the levels and no enemies ? The thing is that what was show on the early trailer wasn’t fake because I did test play the game while working on it years ago and there was exactly that” enemies “ to fight your way throught.

Either something must have gone wrong as expected for the delays , either it’s a deliberate choice to simply showcase the graphics , FX and backgrounds ?
    At that time, you answered some other questions but you chose to ignore this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Did you test it by playing a real cart on your own hardware?
    Did you?

Given the absence of any kind of consistent gameplay in what we saw in the release party (pretty much no AI, no proper level progression, limited collision, no bosses, etc), those claims are highly questionable.
    Graphical glitches due to a supposed issue with the PCB used in that "party" don't justify the absence of gameplay.
    So something very sketchy is going on here.

The only evidences we have of the game running don't support your claims.

Also:
    He's not fishing for more money. He has enough money for all the pre orders to be delivered. What hes saying is he will consider putting up extra pre orders for those who want to buy the game after all initial pre orders have been shipped.
    So how does you know he has money for all that?
    Ex-WM employees and all the unpaid people left behind have gone on record to paint a different picture of the situation.

By stating something like that you kept promoting the idea that the game's release was just a matter of time and/or that refund requests could be fulfilled.
    My refund request was one of the last ones to be fulfilled and by the time you made that claim we already had years of unfulfilled refund requests and dozens of people left in the dark.

Also, I never defended him or his WM practice in any way, shape or form just so you know. I was very vocal and unhappy with that situation and for the record I dont own WM, the only affiliation I ever had was working with Tulio on Pier Solar HD and helping creating Paprium, including gameplay just to put it out there for you.
    You did reply to a comment from someone who hadn't being able to have his refund request fulfilled with "soon".
    Then you said you just meant to say "stay optimistic".
    I don't know if you fully realize that both answers are inappropriate to the context of what's going on and they don't actually help anyone.

There's no "positive spin" or minded way to "stay optimistic" here.
    This project tainted the MD scene and fucked up a lot of people.
    It's been 7 years of the initial release date; no game, no playable demo and not even footage of a proper game running on real hardware.
    Last edited by Barone; 08-05-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
    I think Luis is being misunderstood here. I don't think he posted his "soon" news to create hype. I think he did it because he knows there are people that want this game to be out, and that would like the news.
    We've heard "soon" so many times now, before Luis said it. What's the point? What makes this time any different? It is not.

Yes, he already said months ago that the game works, but the fact that he's saying it twice now it's bold on his part. Only time will tell if he's telling the truth, because for all we know the game doesn't work (as party demo shows).
    I do believe Luis when he says the game works. That doesn't mean it'll get released, soon or at all. The project might just remain at the "nearly finished" state forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    We've heard "soon" so many times now, before Luis said it. What's the point? What makes this time any different? It is not.
    When was it, Luis's "soon"? A month ago? If so then either Luis made a wrong assessment of when news would be heard, or Fonzie told him something but then backpedaled and left Luis in the bad spot of having lied.
    Last edited by paulojr_mam; 08-05-2020 at 01:15 PM.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Spendle View Post
    I get that but given that the game apparently works well and on real hardware, I struggle to see why it would fail at this stage. Hence being confused for the need of a Plan B unless it's nowhere near as advanced as we are led to believe.
    Because it is up to Fonzie, not Luis.

When was it, Luis's "soon"? A month ago? If so then either Luis made a wrong assessment of when news would be heard, or Fonzie told him something but then backpedaled and left Luis in the bad spot of having lied.
    I think it was roughly a month ago, yes. I believe Luis made more than one wrong assessment. Even if Fonzie did deliver some good news in July, most people are not at a point where they want to hear "soon" without any actual info, pics, videos, whatever.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I mean, since when are you a level designer, game designer???
    Have you ever designed any part of gameplay on any 2D beat'em up before?
    Is there any credible game designer in this project?
    As far as I know, you're the conceptual artist.
    I dont understand what is your need to be so shitty toward me but I will defend myself if someone is trying to paint me a bad picture as you are trying to do and on top of being rude.

I have worked in the games industry for the past 25 years from 2d to 3D games from GBA to PS4. I know how a game is made from A to Z down to the production level. I have helped on the gameplay on Paprium, allot of it in fact and yes have worked or helped in game designing, testing, conceptualizing, story development, story boarding, gameplay tweaking, 2D pixel artsy fartsy, concept art, texturing, art directing..... all the way to advanced lighting and post processing in modern games.

Anyways , good luck to everyone in here. Stay healthy.
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; 08-05-2020 at 01:55 PM.

I think Luis is being misunderstood here. I don't think he posted his "soon" news to create hype. I think he did it because he knows there are people that want this game to be out, and that would like the news. Yes, he already said months ago that the game works, but the fact that he's saying it twice now it's bold on his part. Only time will tell if he's telling the truth, because for all we know the game doesn't work (as party demo shows). I don't think Luis can say anything not only because of an agreement, but also because he wants the game to be out so he wants to help Fonzie and if he started sharing news here, then Fonzie might shut him out from helping. I don't think Luis should stop posting because he's the only (alleged) connection we have with WM. But he should post more stuff like "game works perfectly" and less stuff like a vague "soon".
    You missed his tweet with the Paprium logo then (which he had to delete because everybody called him out on that shit and then led to all this mess now). That was definitely hyping it up no matter how you look at it.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I dont understand what is your need to be so shitty toward me but I will defend myself if someone is trying to paint me a bad picture as you are trying to do and on top of being rude.

I have worked in the games industry for the past 25 years from 2d to 3D games from GBA to PS4. I know how a game is made from A to Z down to the production level. I have helped on the gameplay on Paprium, allot of it in fact and yes have worked or helped in game designing, testing, conceptualizing, story development, story boarding, gameplay tweaking, 2D pixel artsy fartsy, concept art, texturing, art directing..... all the way to advanced lighting and post processing in modern games.

Anyways , good luck to everyone in here. Stay healthy.
    Did you really play a far along build of Paprium with working enemies on a real Mega Drive/Genesis years before 2018?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information