Quantcast

Thread: Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends

Meh Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends

And now for something we hope youíll really like! Well, thatís probably the sentiment that Imagineering had in mind when it programmed this title. But despite a good effort to preserve the charm of the show, the video game version of moose and squirrel plays like something Mr. Peabody left on the living room carpet. Read the full review for more information.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Review
    I have been wanting to submit a new review for a while now but was unsure of just what game to choose as it seems like thereís a lot of stinkers left to cover. {{...}}} I knew we needed this game covered, and that most other writers on the site would be very afraid of this game, so I armed myself with a Game Genie and some Whiskey and decided to sit down with this game after a long and rough day at work.
    Yeah, I hadn't the will. This game is miserable. I wasn't aware it grew so difficult though.

ARBF is a platform game, if you havenít figured it out by looking at the screen shots already (I know you all browse the screen shots and final score before reading the actual review), and itís a really bad platformer at that.
    It's fitting the game's acronym is an anagram of 'barf'.

The Game Boy plug is interesting and all things considered unsurprising.

It's good to discover this review to be rather longer than I'd anticipated but as much as I agree with how you wrap it up there's very little to suggest the score you awarded it. The worse games you listed are worse but not to the tune of a couple points.
    Rocky and Bullwinkle actually makes me feel good about having reviewed Dick Vitale's.

I went to a rocky and bullwinkle convention once.

I always thought it was just me being inept, but I could never make any progress in this game. I love the original cartoon, though.

Thanks for posting Melf and I'm glad to see that others enjoyed the review and are happy that I wrote it. I specifically pick stuff that won't get covered very easily.

Melf could you fix a typo for me in the following paragraph which I have bolded?

The graphics are nothing spectacular but get the job done here. They are definitely not up to the quality and standards of a game released in 1993. They are also a little too bright for the look of the cartoon, and though they convey the theme of the show, the look feels just seems off for some reason. My other complaint is that Rocky and Bullwinkle actually look decent and have a fair amount of detail, but most other enemies look pretty plain and generic, as though the graphic artists didnít spend nearly as much time with them. Even Boris and Natasha donít look as good as Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    Thanks for posting Melf and I'm glad to see that others enjoyed the review and are happy that I wrote it. I specifically pick stuff that won't get covered very easily.

Melf could you fix a typo for me in the following paragraph which I have bolded?

The graphics are nothing spectacular but get the job done here. They are definitely not up to the quality and standards of a game released in 1993. They are also a little too bright for the look of the cartoon, and though they convey the theme of the show, the look feels just seems off for some reason. My other complaint is that Rocky and Bullwinkle actually look decent and have a fair amount of detail, but most other enemies look pretty plain and generic, as though the graphic artists didnít spend nearly as much time with them. Even Boris and Natasha donít look as good as Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    after reading that review surprised it wasn't a one. welcome back doug, you have been missed

Thanks knicksfan89. It feels good to write once again. I plan on writing more now that I have a bit more spare time and as of today my demands at work are going to lessen and hopefully leave me with more energy for writing again. Hopefully I can join the staff again at some point and start submitting reviews about twice a month once again. I may need another month or so to fully get into the swing of things but I look forward to it.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Sports Talker

Great review! I happen to be a fan of the show and was excited to learn that there was a game released for the Genesis. I'm gonna hold off though as the review hit all the points I needed to here. Hell, I ran across a CIB copy at my local spot yesterday and held back from plucking down the $12 it was being sold for.

....But now after writing this post I might have to go back and get it. It can have a special spot next to Cosmic Carnage....

Thread Information