Quantcast

Thread: SEGA FIGHTING PUTT 6B

Master of Shinobi

Default SEGA FIGHTING PUTT 6B

Anyone knows what exactly is this supposed to be? Bootleg? Zero Wing style translation for an american release? Asian release? And what is the "Deluxe Drive" it is compatible with? The barcode starts with 010086 which would mean Sega USA, but if it's a bootleg, then the barcode would mean fuck all.

Left is a 6 button pad I bought from Japan, right is the one I got with this box:

Looks like a knockoff. However; the box and the pad may not have belonged together (but someone just paired them), and there have been so many different revisions for Megadrive pads that I'd believe if at one point they switched to an epoxy blob design.

Also, the pad on the right has a square snap-on hard plastic connector edge, while the one on the left (the confirmed original one) has a soft plastic poured-on connector edge.

Japanese box for an original 6 button pad is same as this one, just with japanese text and different barcode. I've yet to see an america/european 6-button pad box, however.

Were there bootleg pads in this era? I love the text "Please connect to applicable device."

Mister Pilgrim Master of Shinobi Cucollins12's Avatar

Fighting putt?
    too old for video games huh?

Creeping Death-ah! Wildside Expert Metallica Man X's Avatar

hm..a gloptop instead of a chip usually means bootleg clone hardware. Could be wrong tho.
    I mostly lurk...don't be alarmed when you see me actually make a post :P

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica Man X View Post
    hm..a gloptop instead of a chip usually means bootleg clone hardware. Could be wrong tho.
    There's many legit game pcbs that use globtops. Globtop doesn't always mean bootleg.

I have some 6 Button Pads with a blue start button. I bought them as "new" some years ago but they did not even had a box. I believe I bought 6 and 3 weren't working when they arrived. One broke after only 1 hour of gaming and the others I hid faaaaaaar away. They were absolute crap and they could never be official releases. The plastic looked very cheap and the buttons hang loose in there so I thought they could fall out every moment.

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

After looking at the PCB on the right, that has provisions in it's circuitry for turbo and slow motion modes. The pads on the bottom are where a slide switch would go.

That PCB must have been used in a different shell too.
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Thread Information