Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDTV SCART to Component not exactly working...

Voice of NeverNeverLand Master of Shinobi Waterfaller's Avatar

I own two of Lenkeng's devices, and they work AWESOMELY. Try Amazon, that's where I got them from

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfaller View Post
    I own two of Lenkeng's devices, and they work AWESOMELY. Try Amazon, that's where I got them from
    Which ones? The All to HDMI or the smaller ones?

Seems there are now smaller ones that cost a lot less, out of China.

http://www.hdcvt.com/en/272.html
    Last edited by Greg2600; 02-07-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Which ones? The All to HDMI or the smaller ones?
    I got this for $35:

Specifically for my PS2 (and soon Dreamcast) as it upscales the lower res games (Mega Man X Collection, SNK's fighting anthologies, PSOne games, etc.) Without this, these games refuse to display on my HDTV through component cables. I get to see PSOne polygons for how ugly they truly are As you can see in the video, it doesn't lock the screen in 16:9!

And this for $50:

I can tell you right now, I experience no lag whatsoever, so as long as your TV is fairly recent (mine is a 2 year old model), you'll be fine. Ys I&II Chronicle looks amazing on this. If you're interested in this, definitely get the one that has the 720p/1080p toggle, as some of them lack that, for whatever reason. 1080p will take up the full screen, whereas 720p isn't quite full screen, and is a bit off center.

So after buying two of their products, I'm not disappointed at all. You'll definitely be interested in this then:

I imagine it'll be similar to the first product, and won't lock in 16:9 mode
    Last edited by Waterfaller; 02-07-2013 at 01:48 AM.

I actually don't have a problem with PS2 or PS1 games on PS2 (don't use it much for those) on component. Don't have a problem with Wii or original Xbox to component either. It's just the retro, retro stuff I'm looking at.

What is annoying is that I need SCART (old consoles) and VGA (Dreamcast) conversion, and nothing cheap has both. So I may have to buy two different boxes. Spend ~ $100 vs. $300 for a converter that has both. Just plain dumb.

At the very least, you know that Lenkeng products are very worth it now. Hope you come across the All to HDMI converter for a reasonable price!

Get yourself a giant CRT tv with component inputs for all your classic gaming needs.

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Get yourself a giant CRT tv with component inputs for all your classic gaming needs.
    I have one, in the spare room I keep my games in. But I'd rather play on the living room or bedroom HDTV's, since I have no couches in the spare room (just more shelves/containers for games).

Thread Information