Quantcast

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 107

Thread: Sega Pluto found

  1. #91
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ah okay.

  2. #92
    WCPO Agent Greg2600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    https://twitter.com/lastmanoftruth/s...35094317338624

    Apparently at some point it was sold off-line I guess but this Roger Vega character reneged on the deal? Vector, I think the 15,500 auction didn't hit the reserve.

    Also, someone sold the Domain for Segapluto.com for $500????

  3. #93
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Oh okay thanks.

  4. #94
    WCPO Agent Greg2600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    So the Pluto owned by the former Sega employee has been sold at auction this week for $84,000. This seller tried to auction it for $10,000 on ebay 5 years ago but it didn't sell or what have you.

    https://www.megavisionsmag.com/sega-...00-at-auction/

  5. #95
    The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    1999
    Posts
    5,425
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Such a gorgeous system. Kinda wish this was Genesis 3 if at all possible in 1997 for a cheap price.

    edit. Shit Got pluto mixed with neptune. My bad. Ok yeah thought this was found already. nvm and leaving the text above to not yelled at to not delete posts
    Last edited by Leynos; 07-16-2020 at 09:51 PM.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  6. #96
    ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    /dev/dsp
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    So the Pluto owned by the former Sega employee has been sold at auction this week for $84,000. This seller tried to auction it for $10,000 on ebay 5 years ago but it didn't sell or what have you.

    https://www.megavisionsmag.com/sega-...00-at-auction/
    Seems like it went for more than anyone would have anticipated for, good for them!
    It'll be interesting to see where these prototypes end up in the following years.
    Was something ever uncovered from the harddrive?

  7. #97
    Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    119

    Default

    This is much more worth a one of a kind price like this than a copy of Super Mario Bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

  8. #98
    WCPO Agent Greg2600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eukara View Post
    Seems like it went for more than anyone would have anticipated for, good for them!
    It'll be interesting to see where these prototypes end up in the following years.
    Was something ever uncovered from the harddrive?
    Just to clarify, the Pluto-01 that Ben Heck "fixed" was not the one sold. As far as I know, they haven't gotten anything off the drive. The owner was going to perhaps send it to a HDD recovery site, but I don't think he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    This is much more worth a one of a kind price like this than a copy of Super Mario Bros.
    Historically, yes, no question. This is the auction details with some photos. https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-game...ription-071515

    PLUTO-02 says SEGA SATURN on it, but as far as we know, it's not functional. I'm not sure if it even has a full motherboard inside.

  9. #99
    ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    /dev/dsp
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Just to clarify, the Pluto-01 that Ben Heck "fixed" was not the one sold.
    Ah, okay. in my memory the other Pluto was white, so I had assumed this was the one.

  10. #100
    WCPO Agent Greg2600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eukara View Post
    Ah, okay. in my memory the other Pluto was white, so I had assumed this was the one.
    http://www.seganerds.com/2015/01/26/...lands-on-ebay/

    That was the third Pluto, ha ha. It was a mockup only, no board inside. It currently resides in the NVGM in Frisco, Texas, about 3 feet from a Sega Neptune, which is also a mockup unit!


  11. #101
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    http://www.seganerds.com/2015/01/26/...lands-on-ebay/

    That was the third Pluto, ha ha. It was a mockup only, no board inside. It currently resides in the NVGM in Frisco, Texas, about 3 feet from a Sega Neptune, which is also a mockup unit!

    That's the Frisco museum? What an awful display.

  12. #102
    The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    1999
    Posts
    5,425
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Goddammit, I confused the Neptune with Pluto. I thought someone had the Pluto running a while back.

    Life!? ... What console is that on?



    [PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99


  13. #103
    ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    /dev/dsp
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    That display reminds me of those hidden-object games

  14. #104
    WCPO Agent Greg2600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Goddammit, I confused the Neptune with Pluto. I thought someone had the Pluto running a while back.
    They did, it was the one that Ben Heck worked on, though seemed to just function as an other Saturn.




    There's a better shot at the museum than I took.



    It's also been to E3 with them.


  15. #105
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I wonder if Bruton Gaster helped with the display. "Hey, did you hear about Pluto? That's messed up."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •