Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny thing Pier Solar (RP) Cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by AlecRob View Post
    He never said Asian people only pirated stuff. He just said that it protected against Asian pirates. That doesn't mean the protection methods aren't applicable worldwide.
    My point is why does he have to specifically say "asian pirates" instead of just "pirates"? Stereotyping, this's why.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWar View Post
    I think the epoxy is there primarily for reliability purpose. I dont think it has much to do with copy protection.
    If that were the case then every console I'd open up would have a lot of epoxied chips. I've opened countless consoles and cartridges, the only ones with epoxy I found was an early version of gyromite, starfox 1 and a megami tensei 2 famicom cart.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    why does he have to specifically say "asian pirates" instead of just "pirates"?
    We don't want Jack Sparrow to feel insulted, so he added Asian just to let Jack know we didn't mean him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    If that were the case then every console I'd open up would have a lot of epoxied chips. I've opened countless consoles and cartridges, the only ones with epoxy I found was an early version of gyromite, starfox 1 and a megami tensei 2 famicom cart.
    These looks like BGA chips.
    I thought Epoxy was usually used on BGA chips for reliability purpose but yeah, seeing how they drenched half the board with it they were definitely happy to hide the board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    We don't want Jack Sparrow to feel insulted, so he added Asian just to let Jack know we didn't mean him.
    Now it all makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWar View Post
    These looks like BGA chips.
    I thought Epoxy was usually used on BGA chips for reliability purpose but yeah, seeing how they drenched half the board with it they were definitely happy to hide the board as well.
    I've seen pictures of bga chips without epoxy running quite happily. Those things solder on just as firmly as surface mount.

Spooky dude on the board looks high as hell.

Thread Information