Quantcast

Thread: Fighting Masters

Default Fighting Masters

The early '90s saw a rash of fighting titles that all tried to be Street Fighter II, only they lacked a little something called gameplay. A few managed to still charm their way into people's hearts (I'm looking at you Primal Rage), but not many are remembered today. Treco's Fighting Masters is one such title. You don't hear people still singing its praises today, do you? No, and with good reason - it stinks. Read the full review and be sure to hold your nose!
    Last edited by Melf; 07-27-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Ugh...I actually own this. Worst Sega Genesis game ever.
    [ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

I hadn't even heard of this game until today. Frankly, I'm glad.

How much mega-power did this game have? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinski
    Ugh...I actually own this. Worst Sega Genesis game ever.
    You haven't played a lot of bad Genesis games. Slaughter Sport is worse than this.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRV
    You haven't played a lot of bad Genesis games. Slaughter Sport is worse than this.
    Truth, although this title is pretty bad.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Banned by Administrators

This game is awesome! I'd play this for hours with my friends when it first came out. The game relys on you stunning your opponent, then pulling off a special move, many wrestling type of moves. I can make a list of fighting games far worse than this game. This game is original and a lot of fun in 1 or 2 players.
    Last edited by Sega Genesis; 07-05-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Mod 1 Segaphile Wildside Expert St Louie Bee's Avatar

You know it's amazing what you will have fun playing when you don't know that there are better things out there. Ok, so this game is no Street Fighter by ANY stretch of the imagination, but that doesn't make it the worst game ever!

First off there is a wide variety of fighters to choose from and each on has at least 3 special moves. Some can fly, some spin in the air or breathe fire or just start munching on you!

Yes there are only 3 generic boring locations, yes only 2 buttons are used, and yes the sound just plain sucks, but if you give the game half a chance it can be very fun and challenging!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

Very underrated game. Calling it the worst denotes a severe lack of knowledge about fighting games, in the Mega Drive realm at least.

The stunning system is cool, it always keeps all players on their toes as to who'll have the next advantage for the combo/throw. All characters have personality and are distinct enough to warrant favorites for everybody. My personal ones are Beowulf, Tomahawk and Dio.

There is just one thing missing to make this a perfect fighting game: a defense mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollision View Post
    Very underrated game. Calling it the worst denotes a severe lack of knowledge about fighting games, in the Mega Drive realm at least.

The stunning system is cool, it always keeps all players on their toes as to who'll have the next advantage for the combo/throw. All characters have personality and are distinct enough to warrant favorites for everybody. My personal ones are Beowulf, Tomahawk and Dio.

There is just one thing missing to make this a perfect fighting game: a defense mechanism.
    I say it is on par with Shaq-Fu. lol

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post

Thats a low blow.

Good review.

I read this recently.

In Brazil this games is very popular by Mega Drive players before the Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition release in 1992 - 1993.

I played this game with my cousins during this time.

I considere Fighting Master a Warn Up to SF 2.

My favorithe fighters are Larry, Drason and Eyesight.

B - Mark

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    Haha racist jibe eh? Fighting Masters is a game you don't get, seeing how well you suck at Street Fighter, King of Fighters and even Eternal Champions or Mortal Kombat.

You as a rubbish fighting game player are not qualified at make ANY comment about the genre, let alone with your hooves so just do your blowing routine and shut your hole up already.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Thumbs up

I just noticed that the moderators have instituted a ban on the above poster "nintegoblowjobboy". It appears that this person has also posted private information regarding a Mr. David Medina under the pseudonym's profile located here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....tegablowjobboy

It may be wise to delete the private information located under his/her profile in order to protect the person's anonimity.

If memory serves me right, as an administrator you are also able to see the offender's i.p. address (if it is not masked) and using that information you should be able to check to see if he has used other pseudonym's as well. Mr. Medina's information may be listed under other profiles as well.

Anyways, just a suggestion from your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman ... erm ... SEGA.GENESIS1989! Cheers!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    I just noticed that the moderators have instituted a ban on the above poster "nintegoblowjobboy". It appears that this person has also posted private information regarding a Mr. David Medina under the pseudonym's profile located here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....tegablowjobboy

It may be wise to delete the private information located under his/her profile in order to protect the person's anonimity.

If memory serves me right, as an administrator you are also able to see the offender's i.p. address (if it is not masked) and using that information you should be able to check to see if he has used other pseudonym's as well. Mr. Medina's information may be listed under other profiles as well.

Anyways, just a suggestion from your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman ... erm ... SEGA.GENESIS1989! Cheers!
    WIIIIISE FROM THE GWAVE!!!

Holy crap what a weirdo!!! Bet that pest in doing time in jail now for unspeakable crimes. lol. Its good to finally get back my old account here.

Thread Information