Quantcast

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Fighting Masters

  1. #1
    Blast processor Melf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cabo Rojo, PR
    Posts
    9,599
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Fighting Masters

    The early '90s saw a rash of fighting titles that all tried to be Street Fighter II, only they lacked a little something called gameplay. A few managed to still charm their way into people's hearts (I'm looking at you Primal Rage), but not many are remembered today. Treco's Fighting Masters is one such title. You don't hear people still singing its praises today, do you? No, and with good reason - it stinks. Read the full review and be sure to hold your nose!
    Last edited by Melf; 07-27-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Nameless One kevinski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Allison Park, PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Ugh...I actually own this. Worst Sega Genesis game ever.
    [ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]

  3. #3
    Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I hadn't even heard of this game until today. Frankly, I'm glad.


  4. #4
    Shining Hero Joe Redifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO - USA
    Posts
    13,104
    Rep Power
    125

    Default

    How much mega-power did this game have? I forget.

  5. #5
    Road Rasher CRV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinski
    Ugh...I actually own this. Worst Sega Genesis game ever.
    You haven't played a lot of bad Genesis games. Slaughter Sport is worse than this.

  6. #6
    Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,646
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRV
    You haven't played a lot of bad Genesis games. Slaughter Sport is worse than this.
    Truth, although this title is pretty bad.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

    Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

    nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

  7. #7
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This game is awesome! I'd play this for hours with my friends when it first came out. The game relys on you stunning your opponent, then pulling off a special move, many wrestling type of moves. I can make a list of fighting games far worse than this game. This game is original and a lot of fun in 1 or 2 players.
    Last edited by Sega Genesis; 07-05-2010 at 08:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Mod 1 Segaphile Wildside Expert St Louie Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Age
    44
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    You know it's amazing what you will have fun playing when you don't know that there are better things out there. Ok, so this game is no Street Fighter by ANY stretch of the imagination, but that doesn't make it the worst game ever!

    First off there is a wide variety of fighters to choose from and each on has at least 3 special moves. Some can fly, some spin in the air or breathe fire or just start munching on you!

    Yes there are only 3 generic boring locations, yes only 2 buttons are used, and yes the sound just plain sucks, but if you give the game half a chance it can be very fun and challenging!


    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

  9. #9
    Master of Shinobi Kollision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,171
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Very underrated game. Calling it the worst denotes a severe lack of knowledge about fighting games, in the Mega Drive realm at least.

    The stunning system is cool, it always keeps all players on their toes as to who'll have the next advantage for the combo/throw. All characters have personality and are distinct enough to warrant favorites for everybody. My personal ones are Beowulf, Tomahawk and Dio.

    There is just one thing missing to make this a perfect fighting game: a defense mechanism.

  10. #10
    Nameless One Nintega Grafx-16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kollision View Post
    Very underrated game. Calling it the worst denotes a severe lack of knowledge about fighting games, in the Mega Drive realm at least.

    The stunning system is cool, it always keeps all players on their toes as to who'll have the next advantage for the combo/throw. All characters have personality and are distinct enough to warrant favorites for everybody. My personal ones are Beowulf, Tomahawk and Dio.

    There is just one thing missing to make this a perfect fighting game: a defense mechanism.
    I say it is on par with Shaq-Fu. lol

  11. #11
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    I say it is on par with Shaq-Fu. lol

    Thats a low blow.

  12. #12
    Nameless One B - Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    41
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Good review.

    I read this recently.

    In Brazil this games is very popular by Mega Drive players before the Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition release in 1992 - 1993.

    I played this game with my cousins during this time.

    I considere Fighting Master a Warn Up to SF 2.

    My favorithe fighters are Larry, Drason and Eyesight.

    B - Mark

  13. #13
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    I say it is on par with Shaq-Fu. lol
    Haha racist jibe eh? Fighting Masters is a game you don't get, seeing how well you suck at Street Fighter, King of Fighters and even Eternal Champions or Mortal Kombat.

    You as a rubbish fighting game player are not qualified at make ANY comment about the genre, let alone with your hooves so just do your blowing routine and shut your hole up already.

  14. #14
    Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    74

    Thumbs up

    I just noticed that the moderators have instituted a ban on the above poster "nintegoblowjobboy". It appears that this person has also posted private information regarding a Mr. David Medina under the pseudonym's profile located here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....tegablowjobboy

    It may be wise to delete the private information located under his/her profile in order to protect the person's anonimity.

    If memory serves me right, as an administrator you are also able to see the offender's i.p. address (if it is not masked) and using that information you should be able to check to see if he has used other pseudonym's as well. Mr. Medina's information may be listed under other profiles as well.

    Anyways, just a suggestion from your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman ... erm ... SEGA.GENESIS1989! Cheers!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

  15. #15
    Nameless One Nintega Grafx-16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    I just noticed that the moderators have instituted a ban on the above poster "nintegoblowjobboy". It appears that this person has also posted private information regarding a Mr. David Medina under the pseudonym's profile located here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....tegablowjobboy

    It may be wise to delete the private information located under his/her profile in order to protect the person's anonimity.

    If memory serves me right, as an administrator you are also able to see the offender's i.p. address (if it is not masked) and using that information you should be able to check to see if he has used other pseudonym's as well. Mr. Medina's information may be listed under other profiles as well.

    Anyways, just a suggestion from your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman ... erm ... SEGA.GENESIS1989! Cheers!
    WIIIIISE FROM THE GWAVE!!!

    Holy crap what a weirdo!!! Bet that pest in doing time in jail now for unspeakable crimes. lol. Its good to finally get back my old account here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •