Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Atari 2600 flash card?

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Yep, it works with the 7800, or at least several posts on AtariAge seem to confirm that (I can't remember if I've ever tried it with mine).
    Does Ninja Golf ROM work ? It was a Super Cart, and sometimes emulators have errors running it multiple times. Does that flash card in hardware play it fine ? As usual ebay chargers too much for game.

Anybody remember this?

SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.

In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:

http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Does Ninja Golf ROM work ? It was a Super Cart, and sometimes emulators have errors running it multiple times. Does that flash card in hardware play it fine ? As usual ebay chargers too much for game.
    The Harmony cart definitely won't play Atari 7800 games like Ninja Golf -- it only works with Atari 2600 games, whether they're running on a VCS or a 7800 console in 2600 mode.

They're working on a cart specifically for the 7800 that will run that system's library, but no dice so far (except for the old Cuttle Cart 2, which isn't available anymore AFAIK).

Banned by Administrators

Ah, thanks.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

And I'm done with cleaning! Took it completely apart and washed the outside and cleaned everything.

Had to readjust the cartridge slot though, for some reason someone had stuck a rusty screw in there to keep aligned,
    fucking noobs.. old rusty screw pushing up the cartridge slot..

anyhoo, its super clean now and it looks so nice!

just a shame the joysticks hardly register what I do, guess I need to look into that some more. (I cleaned them, but i guess its something else)

Banned by Administrators

Use Genesis controllers.

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

You could get some arcade controls and make your own. Goatstore actually sold some a long, long time ago.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    And I'm done with cleaning! Took it completely apart and washed the outside and cleaned everything.

Had to readjust the cartridge slot though, for some reason someone had stuck a rusty screw in there to keep aligned,
    fucking noobs.. old rusty screw pushing up the cartridge slot..

anyhoo, its super clean now and it looks so nice!

just a shame the joysticks hardly register what I do, guess I need to look into that some more. (I cleaned them, but i guess its something else)
    Hey Vamp, I'm necrobumping this because I'm feeling the Atari itch... how'd you get on in the end? Would you recommend the Harmony? Also, does anyone know if it's got level shift issues? There is wood panelling on many 2600s you see...

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Well I got my dad to install microswitches in the two joysticks so that worked out great, and the Harmony cartridge is great too works like a charm.

Thanks matey, I'll get shopping. I know I can search, and will, but if you don't mind, where did you buy your cart?

I have the Harmony Encore, and it is nice to be able to play the homebrew games like Zippy the Porcupine on it. I like how convenient it is, same as all the other Flash cartridges, but I do miss seeing and handling all the various styles of game cartridges whenever I do play.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

I had a Harmony and upgraded to the Encore. Both are affordable yet priceless if ypu care about playing games. I have a Vader wirh RGB and misc mods, but the average s-video mod looks "perfect" enough, like the mockup screenshots have come to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Speaking of the Vader, there is a choice between one and a woody for a similar price. I think I really want the latter and can't run to both. Any fors and againsts I should consider?

Got my six switch woody on the way along with my Harmony plus cart too. I've got the RGB kit next on my list. I only realised the other day when I got to thinking that this is the first taste of video gaming I ever had.

I've been checking out homebrew too, I'm really excited by this. There's an Atarivox unit that looks pretty interesting too...

Atari2600

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Speaking of the Vader, there is a choice between one and a woody for a similar price. I think I really want the latter and can't run to both. Any fors and againsts I should consider?
    Nothing of note that I saw when I went shopping for mine last year. Basically get what you like. For me, that was a 4-switch wood panel one. If you're concerned about video output, then you'll be modding the console no matter what model you end up with.

Thread Information