Quantcast

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast

Thread: One and only Xbox One (Official Thread)

Crackdown 3 is actually quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Crackdown 3 is actually quite fun.
    That it is.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Half joking but the Lynx/Axe stuff is real and they did announce it today. lol

Ninja Theory's new game leaks ahead of E3. If you wish not to be spoiled don't click the link.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/ninja-th...trailer-leaked

Anyone else get the beta for Streaming? I hesitate to use the term game-changing but WOW it's pretty incredible to stream the games to my Mobile phone and play them more or less with One S quality gfx with just a tiny amount of lag.
    Would have liked to see a Forza game as part of the Beta, but if going forward all games run as good as the likes of Gears on the Cloud its seriously impressive. Yes, Its never going to replace the console or the big TV but if X Cloud works as it does on my phone, anywhere there's a decent internet connection and for all the games I owe. It's going to be hugely impressive.

Would have liked to see how the lag works with a racer mind, Halo and Gears were hugely impressive and completely playable even with the lag but it would have been nice to see how it handles with a racer.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Xbox One at 41 million sold according to AMD http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/..._than_xbox_one

Why the Ps4 sold almost 70 million additional units than X1 is something I will never know. There is not a clear, definitive gap between either in any dept.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Why the Ps4 sold almost 70 million additional units than X1 is something I will never know. There is not a clear, definitive gap between either in any dept.

Countries got language and service support out of Sony, while Microsoft didn't support them properly, and couldn't even give them the features that they leaned on with all the TV all-in-one bullshit.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Don't forget when MS shot themselves in the foot during launch when they said the X1 had to be online for you to be able to play, and that Kinect could hear you. and was't there a camera thing too?
    in short, they pretty much admitted that they could watch you at all times if they wanted to, and people did not like that one bit. and that's why there are so many memes on google if you search for "xbox spy meme"

Where do you think these all came from? people were genuinely annoyed.

Because when MS unveiled XBOX they showed no games kept talking about Kinect and TV. Had severe DRM as in always online console that checked your games once a day. Xbox had to be connected online 24/7. You could not buy used games unless Gamestop or Best Buy approved it with MS. It was $500. Sony did the exact opposite when unveiling their system. $100 cheaper and was more powerful. A running joke for a while is games were 1080P on PS4 and 900P on Xbox One which cost more. Not to mention Japanese support where XBO has been severely lacking this gen. Even 360 got almost as much as PS3. Oh and Don Matrick said for those who don't want a DRM check every 24 hours, play an Xbox 360 instead. PS4 conveyed a better message and Phil was left putting out a forest fire. MS just could not stop the PS4 momentum after that. I mean what was the other option? a Wii U? No one wanted one of those. I find it similar to PS1. The 2 other competitors fucked up and Sony capitalized on a grand opportunity.

Then we get to exclusives and MS had canceled a bunch of games that pissed people off. The exclusives they did release got middling reviews. Other than that same 3 franchises. PS4 had more compelling and well-reviewed exclusives and a lot of new IPs. PS4 got all the Japanese support XBO lacked. Sony capitalized on the other two fucking up. Then MS under Phil put all games on PC making it kinda pointless to own an XBO unless you wanted them physically.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Don't forget when MS shot themselves in the foot during launch when they said the X1 had to be online for you to be able to play, and that Kinect could hear you. and was't there a camera thing too?
    in short, they pretty much admitted that they could watch you at all times if they wanted to, and people did not like that one bit. and that's why there are so many memes on google if you search for "xbox spy meme"

Where do you think these all came from? people were genuinely annoyed.
    Phil Whatshisname rubs me the wrong way and the E3 presentation was fodder but clarification and, perhaps, alteration was remedied (for the most part) up until launch. RROD console sells a trilion. A console introduced by an out-of-touch shotcaller sells 40% or so.

Edit: People also mention how potential buyers were turned off by the price. Six years prior I spent almost $600 (from Best Buy) on the 360 and Dead Rising but a better console crosses the line with a high tag?

Xbox 360 was $350 at launch with the base model and $400 with the premium model. PS3 was $600 and turned people off. The only chance you paid that much for 360 is you got Elite with accessories in some holiday bundle that BB themselves put together.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    This I could never understand myself. When millions of people log into their PS3/360's and PS4's, with out even thiking of it . I never got the outcry over always online (or the need to log in once every 24 hours) I could understand the issues over 2nd hands games, but we had DRM in PSS3/360 games with select games asking to pay for a new code to use multiplayer mode on Used Games. Kinect was a cock-up but it's funny how now voice commands are now so commonplace in electronic devices. MS should would have been better off, building in voice commands into the joypad or system, rather the Kinect . The real screw up was the underpowered GPU and Robbie Bach selling off or closing down the In-House studios at the end of the 360.

Mistakes that are there for the next XBox.

I also don't think High Price is as a bigger factor as many make out . If your system is desirable then people will find the money to buy it even if its more expensive than your rivals as we saw with the Cube VS XBox or PS3 or the PS3. Which dispite the insane price had a recored breaking launch in Europe shifting over 600,000 units in a day or two, which was more than the userbase of the 360 in Europe at that point LOL and in the UK it smashed all records shifting 170,000 units in a day.

It's all about making your console desirable.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Xbox 360 was $350 at launch with the base model and $400 with the premium model. PS3 was $600 and turned people off. The only chance you paid that much for 360 is you got Elite with accessories in some holiday bundle that BB themselves put together.
    The possibility exists that it was the elite (though I don't think so) as it wasn't purchased at launch. My memory isn't what it used to be and I owned multiple 360's over the course of the life span. The price still would have been close to six bills with a game and five without. Taking into account inflation and such, the $400 model ends up a mere $37.78 cheaper than a launch X1. Gamers are come of the most fickle people on the planet because they come across as lacking reasoning and critical thinking and only see what is placed in front of them. With all that said, the price issue should have been a non-issue especially when one was in the market for an expensive piece of tech. Anyone remember the crowd reaction when the X1 price was revealed at E3?

Thread Information