Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: your top 5 cd games

Sports Talker

Snatcher is number one in my book, then #2 Space Adventure Cobra which is IMO a very raw adventure even by todays standards let alone when it was released ( Almost Adult Only Title for a kids game system?) Hats off! Next is #3 Final Fight SCD ( still one of my favorite side scrollers today ) then #4 Keio Flying Squadron ( this one is rare and expensive for a reason it is simply a great game by anyones standard) and last but not least, #5 Sewer Shark. Yeah that right a "crappy FMV title." Also, an under appreciated title that was easy to play and fun. This title was the reason that I bought a SCD years ago and a game that I keep coming back too. Honorable mention: Jaguar could have been my fifth pick if I didn't owe homage to Sewer Shark.

My Top 5 would be

1) Lunar - The best RPG I have ever played on any system and one of the few game where I cared about the characters and world . Truly a magical game like no other imo

2) Batman Returns - The best 16 bit racer with classic Arcade gameplay time limits and checkpoints and 1 of the few games to show off what the system could really do

3) Draclua Unleashed- The best FMV game and a FMV with so many options and depth is played like a Point and Click game

4) Wing Commander - A stunning port and an amazing game and adventure

5). Snacther - A totally engrossing adventure full of lovely and clever touches
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Gumbious Priest Road Rasher Raja's Avatar

Not one person mentioned third world war? Okay I will.

#5: Third World War - One of the best strategy/simulation games on the Sega CD. Take control of a nation, guide it to economic or military victory. RTS battles with naval, air, and space support. Endless play opportunity with 16 controllable nations and several scenarios. I LOVE this game. It rocks....

#4: Sonic CD - IMO the 2nd best Sonic game of the 16 bit era. I still prefer Sonic 2 personally. But from the moment it starts and you hear 'Sonic Boom' until you defeat Dr. Robotnik it's straight up top notch platforming.

#3: Sewer Shark - People always rag on this game but if you actually learn how to play it, it's incredibly challenging and fun. Funny side note is that my father was so obsessed with beating this game he would play it from like 6 pm to 10 pm every night for a few weeks until he mastered it. Now he can beat it in like an hour never missing a turn and never getting hit by those brain sucking things or the lobsters. It's amazing to watch. Plus this game has some of the funniest writing in an FMV game ever. I'm always entertained even to this day... "You've got some real... uh... real uhhh... "POTENTIAL!"... awesome.

#2: Shining Force CD - One of my favorite games ever. This is in fact the best strategy game on the console and its so amazing. Love the gameplay, love the music, has that same feel as the Genesis games. Can't go wrong here but its' EXPENSIVE like Snatcher and a few others.

#1: My number one is.... Robo Aleste because I love shooters and this one kicks ass. Plus the music is great and its challenging. Its not like you can pop it in and beat it the first time you play. It requires patience and replay. Definitely get your moneys worth for this and it's actually affordable unlike M.U.S.H.A on the Genesis.

HM: Final Fight CD (chaps Nintendo fans ass its the best version), Prize Fighter (it's funny but make sure you have the arrows turned on), Return to Monkey Island (awesome), Snatcher (already talked about), Dark Wizard (favorite RPG on Sega CD), Popful Mail (reminds me of Wonder Boy), Lunar (either one is very good), Eye of the Beholder (best dungeon crawler), etc. Damn I forgot how awesome the Sega CD was... going to play me some Eye of the Beholder later.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

anyone mentioning third world war deserves a rep

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

my top 5 btw I don't think I've posted and it's hard as I could name countless more

1: snatcher, 3rd best game ever made in my opinion. timeless classic with great plot and incredibly good writing.

2: lunar eternal blue, one of the best rpg's I've ever played. touchy story with very real characters.

3: shining force cd, I'm a huge shining force fan and I consider shining force 3 among the 2 best rpg's ever made. shining force cd is excellent improvement and adition to game gear games because I hate handheld games this is the real deal for me.

4: third world war, a true hidden gem. incredible global political simulation game, perhaps comparable in genre to things like tycoon games but then wuth nations. also very impressive graphics in the war segments

5: dune, wow! the best version of a often forgotten classic. the original dune starts of as a great adventure game and turns into a great strategy game later on.

Gumbious Priest Road Rasher Raja's Avatar

Thanks for the rep. I totally forgot about Dune. That's one of the first three games I owned on the Sega CD. I wasn't familiar with the movie when I got it so my dad explained it to me and I really started to be totally against those Harkonnen bastards. Awesome game, easily top ten imo.

Delete this.
    Last edited by Creek Indian; 10-16-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Delete duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Semmie View Post
    what is so interesting about snatcher to me it looks like dejavu 1 and 2 of the gameboy color
    ill get that game tho cause u guys make me curious
    If you not blown away by the screenshots it might not be your cup of tea. You can sell it to me when your done with her just be gentle.

Press Start Button... Death Adder's minion Genezis's Avatar

My top five:

Eternal Champions CD
    Dune CD
    Time Gal
    Sonic CD
    Mickeymania

Thread Information