Quantcast

Page 95 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1938

Thread: PlayStation 4 (Official Thread)

Looks like I'm sticking with my PS4 n00b, unless Pro spec games push 60fps as standard.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    Looks like I'm sticking with my PS4 n00b, unless Pro spec games push 60fps as standard.
    Isn't what PS4Pro is supposed to do? Or is that another PS4 still coming? Either way, how long do you guys think until devs stop supporting original PS4 and then eventually back to 30fps games again.

Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Isn't what PS4Pro is supposed to do? Or is that another PS4 still coming? Either way, how long do you guys think until devs stop supporting original PS4 and then eventually back to 30fps games again.
    They said it would allow advantages to 1080p displayed games, but it was up to developers to make use of it.

So... who knows what will actually be available.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I just checked the Best Buy website and it looks like they're not defining the "Pro". There's just an increased price tag. To the average consumer, that just looks too confusing, IMO.

What I like: "Forward Compatibility". Some games prior to the release of the "Pro" will receive patches that will increase their performance through the new system.

What I don't like: Patches! It's looking like EVERY SINGLE GAME you will purchase for the PS4 will be lacking the features for increased performance through the "Pro" on the disc. Meaning, there will be no PS4-Pro-ready physical games. You'll have to download said patch for all of them (not just the old ones that will allow for "forward compatibility").

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

The PS4 Slim and Pro case design is some ugly ass shit to look at. No mention of HDD speeds. Is it still running everything through SATA II? No UHD movie discs despite the Xbox One S doing it at a hundred bucks cheaper?

Scorpio is going to blow this thing's performance away in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    The PS4 Slim and Pro case design is some ugly ass shit to look at...
    I actually didn't mind the look of the Slim. But looking at the design of the Pro, I tend to agree with ReviewTechUSA. 'Darn thing looks like a cheeseburger. It does look fugly.

'Though I sense they will be coming out with a CheeseBurger Pro "2" around the same time next year with updated features. Who knows?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    No UHD movie discs despite the Xbox One S doing it at a hundred bucks cheaper?
    Agreed. It's even more hilarious given 4k Blu Ray is Sony's own tech. Bizarre move not to include it.

Also in related news, Fallout 4 has been confirmed to not getting mods on PS4 - Bethesda straight up blames Sony for it not happening. Oh dear.
    Last edited by The Jackal; 09-10-2016 at 05:49 AM.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I actually didn't mind the look of the Slim. But looking at the design of the Pro, I tend to agree with ReviewTechUSA. 'Darn thing looks like a cheeseburger. It does look fugly.

'Though I sense they will be coming out with a CheeseBurger Pro "2" around the same time next year with updated features. Who knows?
    It is obvious at this point that the "not-a-console" manufacturers have gone the route of Apple and Cell phone manufacturers. You don't get a 32X, you get to trash your incrementally less powerful old device and buy a new one. Service plans for pay off might be too obvious though.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting comfortably with my Asus XB3Z laptop, which I just upgraded the RAM and APU on for less than the cost of going to a fast food joint.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Agreed. It's even more hilarious given 4k Blu Ray is Sony's own tech. Bizarre move not to include it.

Also in related news, Fallout 4 has been confirmed to not getting mods on PS4 - Bethesda straight up blames Sony for it not happening. Oh dear.
    I wouldn't have found it that bizarre except for the fact that MS just put out the one S last month... and their S does all the 4k streaming the PS4 Pro will do + Have 4K BRD support.
    That leaves Sony's PS4slim looking like a piece of crap in comparison (and released much earlier).

I'd assume scorpio will keep the 4k BRD support the S has, which means it will be a far more complete solution than the Pro, in addition to being more powerful (and also more expensive I'm sure).

I can only assume that Sony was probably caught off guard by MS, after all... they are in the lead by a good margin, so they probably got a bit complacent. Most of what's in the PS4 Pro honestly should have been in the slim to compete with the One S and then push the PS4 Pro itself off a little to tweak it more.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I just checked the Best Buy website and it looks like they're not defining the "Pro". There's just an increased price tag. To the average consumer, that just looks too confusing, IMO.

What I like: "Forward Compatibility". Some games prior to the release of the "Pro" will receive patches that will increase their performance through the new system.

What I don't like: Patches! It's looking like EVERY SINGLE GAME you will purchase for the PS4 will be lacking the features for increased performance through the "Pro" on the disc. Meaning, there will be no PS4-Pro-ready physical games. You'll have to download said patch for all of them (not just the old ones that will allow for "forward compatibility").
    It's only the first batch of games that has PS Pro patches, probably because of they needed as much time as possible to get them ready. There's no reason future games won't have Pro content on the disc.

Only time will tell.

Raging in the Streets

If you don't like patches why even bother playing modern games at all?

It's just an expectation at this point that games will be patched, most even have Day 1 patches.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EclecticGroove View Post
    I wouldn't have found it that bizarre except for the fact that MS just put out the one S last month... and their S does all the 4k streaming the PS4 Pro will do + Have 4K BRD support.
    That leaves Sony's PS4slim looking like a piece of crap in comparison (and released much earlier).

I'd assume scorpio will keep the 4k BRD support the S has, which means it will be a far more complete solution than the Pro, in addition to being more powerful (and also more expensive I'm sure).

I can only assume that Sony was probably caught off guard by MS, after all... they are in the lead by a good margin, so they probably got a bit complacent. Most of what's in the PS4 Pro honestly should have been in the slim to compete with the One S and then push the PS4 Pro itself off a little to tweak it more.
    UBD's have bigger data storage limits right? You'd think a games company making a 4k console would want to utilize it for their games, esp considering they're going to be eating up alot more space. Sony are being like Nintentdo atm - stuck in the past, and making silly, and possibility, risky decisions.

UBD's have bigger data storage limits right? You'd think a games company making a 4k console would want to utilize it for their games, esp considering they're going to be eating up alot more space. Sony are being like Nintentdo atm - stuck in the past, and making silly, and possibility, risky decisions.
    100-125GB I believe yes.
    Whether MS will allow developers to press games onto those is another matter, as that would effectively make the game useless on older XB1's unless it simply initiated the download of the "base" version to the console. But that has its own problems as the disk would literally be useless on any XB1 system other than the S and Scorpio without an internet connection.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Really makes no sense to me why the Pro doesn't have UHD BR support.

Thread Information