Quantcast

Thread: RPG Trifecta Pack

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Default RPG Trifecta Pack

Didn't see a thread for this yet.

Super Fighter Team will now be releasing a digital copy of all 3 of their Genesis RPGs for $20.

http://www.trifectapack.com/

It's a good idea and all, but I still hope they produce more copies of those Genesis RPGs. Maybe this will lower the value on them so they can be bought cheaper on ebay. Thoughts anyone?
    Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

Hero of Algol

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-on-PC-and-Mac

It just got crushed by the "Orbi".

"Yeah, I can't produce more copies of my games because I know the demand is so small the print run wouldn't be cost-effective to me, so I'll just slam them together into an .exe file and I'm sure people will be pleased, though I said before it's all about playing it on your actual Sega Genesis and not a ROM on your computer."
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    "Yeah, I can't produce more copies of my games because I know the demand is so small the print run wouldn't be cost-effective to me, so I'll just slam them together into an .exe file and I'm sure people will be pleased, though I said before it's all about playing it on your actual Sega Genesis and not a ROM on your computer."

(i stole the oh snap reply, Europe FTW!)

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I agree. Even if it cost like $5k I would happily fund a reprint for some of those games because I can guarantee you would sell stock out almost immediately. It would be more of a sure fire way to make a profit than anything I can think of. I thought the excuse was that he no longer had the rights to make carts, but if he's releasing ROMs for sale I'd guess he still has them then.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

a.k.a. hombreimaginario Outrunner synapse's Avatar

I interviewed Brandon for spanish mag Games Tribune and asked him if SFT would ever release these games on PC or Dreamcast. He said he wasn't interested. Reason? "What's the effort and the fun in producing games on disks?" and "these games are meant to be played on the original hardware".

So yeah, ok, I think it's always nice to give games a wider distribution/audience, but I really don't understand this move at all.

Wildside Expert

a third round of preorders for nightmare busters would be a bit suspicious, so...
    well, still gave my 20 bucks to brandon, even though I already have the carts, and the roms too.

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    I interviewed Brandon for spanish mag Games Tribune and asked him if SFT would ever release these games on PC or Dreamcast. He said he wasn't interested. Reason? "What's the effort and the fun in producing games on disks?" and "these games are meant to be played on the original hardware".

So yeah, ok, I think it's always nice to give games a wider distribution/audience, but I really don't understand this move at all.
    Similar thing here; about 9 months ago, he told me in an interview that he'd find it "more palatable to drink from a dog's bowl" than to make his games available for PCs. So this move kinda surprises me as well.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Banned by Administrators

I can tell you guys the exact reasons, but it would absolutely break the image of SFT ( BC in particular) and hinder any future MD game releases ( which i personally know is not EVER going to happen anyway) from the team. Mark my words, BC will never release another MD game in cart form

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

I dunno, I doubt you really know as much as you claim, megadrivemania.

They recently had a poll on Facebook asking which platform people would want them to publish their next game for, MD was an option.

I also asked Brandon personally via email whether they'd consider reprinting their back catalog:

I wonder if there will be new physical copies of your games ?

It's still possible.

"I completely missed the opportunity to pre-order Nightmare Busters and your Genesis games now have become highly sought after rarities only few people can afford to keep in their collection. I think they've actually become the rarest games ever made for the platform. So I really hope there will be new prints for your back catalog."

Yes. The situation is something we're aware of and hope to be able to remedy some day -- but people must understand we can't just crank out copies of whatever we want, when we want. It's a difficult, costly, time-consuming process, so we have to make it count. And with new products always on the horizon, we have to keep our priorities straight.

This was a few days ago. (I hope Brandon doesn't mind me "leaking" this information).
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by megadrivemania View Post
    I can tell you guys the exact reasons, but it would absolutely break the image of SFT ( BC in particular) and hinder any future MD game releases ( which i personally know is not EVER going to happen anyway) from the team. Mark my words, BC will never release another MD game in cart form
    I asked quite recently if "the American platformer for Genesis/Mega Drive" is still planned to get released, and Brandon said yes. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Banned by Administrators

You of all people know Brandon isn't all he seems, don't need to explain why Zebbe

I'm actually interested to hear what you have to say. I would want more cartridge games myself.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

I was not to pleased to recieve an email from SFT detailing the release all three SEGA Genesis games in digital from. I fully expected that the company would consider releasing another shipment of the games in the future. Unfortunately I have no interest in purchasing a digital copy of any of the games to play on my computer and therefore my quest for a physical copy of the elusive "Legend of Wukong" continues.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Would like to know if someone has the original unaltered installer/archive for this, since I bought it legally when it was available but no longer have the file on hand or in storage anywhere, and would like to have it again. They never said we had to delete or stop using it after their license expired, either.

Thread Information