Quantcast

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Sega signs next 3 sonic games into Nintendo exclusivity

  1. #16
    Hero of Algol TrekkiesUnite118's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Power
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Read the NPD sales for the rest of the year and I'll get back to you on that. It's already July and they don't seem to be improving at all.

    Stop making excuses for Nintendo's garbage.

    Then again, the consumers are speaking with their wallets. They don't care, only Nintendo fans do.
    The sales aren't picking up because the games people want aren't out yet. If you run out and buy a Wii U right now what is there to get for it that you can't already get for your 360 and PS3? Not much. Come November this year and later though, that will start to change.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Actually their post-Dreamcast fanboys, not SEGA fans at all. Their delusional enough to think that Nintendo has money to buy SEGASammy who's a holding company with $30 billion dollars worth of assets. The delusion comes from the fact that they think SEGA is just a small game publisher.

    http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/p..._release_e.pdf


    Go ahead fanboys, try to petition Nintendo to buy SEGA, you'll just bankrupt your beloved.
    Call people delusional all you want, but you're the one coming off as a raving delusional lunatic right now.

  2. #17
    ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,522
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Read the NPD sales for the rest of the year and I'll get back to you on that. It's already July and they don't seem to be improving at all.

    Stop making excuses for Nintendo's garbage.

    Then again, the consumers are speaking with their wallets. They don't care, only Nintendo fans do.
    Those who don't study their history are doomed to repeat it. What were you doing when the 3DS was "floundering" and "doomed to be the next VB"? Everyone was crying that for the first year it was released. Many big name titles, including Mega Man Legends 3, were getting canceled. Within about 6 months, Nintendo released the Ambassador program, which a lot of people felt was a sloppy bandaid fix on Nintendo's part and further evidence the 3DS was going to die. About 6 months to a year after that, the 3DS's initial big releases began pouring out. After that, the 3DS really started to sell systems and garner more software support. Today, the 3DS is performing excellently. It will become a proper successor to the DS and GBA.

    So you mean to tell me the Wii U is different? How? It's the exact same shit happening again. Are you being ignorant on purpose? It's not working.

  3. #18
    Master of Shinobi MrSega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to reply to this.



    Did you bother to read that link? It's for some kind of museum, in partnership with BBC Earth. I don't see any game consoles.

    Your argument makes zero sense.
    Yes it does. "Orbi Yokohama" a division of Orbi Earth,LLC joint venture of SEGA Corporation and BBC Worldwide LTD.

    It's a Musuem/Arcade hybrid Mixing natural science and Amusement entertainment together.

    "May 19 SEGA in 2013, held a press presentation "Orbi (Obyi)" of which we are developing in collaboration BBC Worldwide Limited (or less, BBCW) and company.

    "Orbi Yokohama" is a new entertainment facility that combines a "called a" theme park "elements" to experience pseudo "" enjoy "" increase knowledge "non-fiction" and "museum" elements. You can consists of three areas with a focus on entertainment and exhibition Main Theater, feel the whole body the mysteries of nature, and enjoy the immersive experience."

    The name is a brand name, that can and will be used for other things. Henceforth the Arcade Museum uses "orbiearth" as a domain name instead of just "Orbi". And as for game console, I or anyone else I know never ever said anything about it being a console at all.
    Last edited by MrSega; 07-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.


    In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

    All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".


    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:



    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

  4. #19
    ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,522
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Yes it does. "Orbi Yokohama" a division of Orbi Earth,LLC joint venture of SEGA Corporation and BBC Worldwide LTD.

    It's a Musuem/Arcade hybrid Mixing natural science and Amusement entertainment together.

    "May 19 SEGA in 2013, held a press presentation "Orbi (Obyi)" of which we are developing in collaboration BBC Worldwide Limited (or less, BBCW) and company.

    "Orbi Yokohama" is a new entertainment facility that combines a "called a" theme park "elements" to experience pseudo "" enjoy "" increase knowledge "non-fiction" and "museum" elements. You can consists of three areas with a focus on entertainment and exhibition Main Theater, feel the whole body the mysteries of nature, and enjoy the immersive experience."

    The name is a brand name, that can and will be used for other things. Henceforth the Arcade Museum uses "orbiearth" as a domain name instead of just "Orbi".
    I don't really care about a museum in this case. Yeah, it's just a brand name. Last I checked, neither of those things have much to do with a game console. You mean to tell me, "this brand name can be used for many other things?" Do you listen to yourself? That's some ridiculous shit you're pulling out of your ass there. Here, I can do that too:

    Ford Motor Company is just a brand, soon they will unveil a new animation company, they are going to produce a competitor to Pixar's Cars series.

  5. #20
    Master of Shinobi MrSega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    Those who don't study their history are doomed to repeat it. What were you doing when the 3DS was "floundering" and "doomed to be the next VB"? Everyone was crying that for the first year it was released. Many big name titles, including Mega Man Legends 3, were getting canceled. Within about 6 months, Nintendo released the Ambassador program, which a lot of people felt was a sloppy bandaid fix on Nintendo's part and further evidence the 3DS was going to die. About 6 months to a year after that, the 3DS's initial big releases began pouring out. After that, the 3DS really started to sell systems and garner more software support. Today, the 3DS is performing excellently. It will become a proper successor to the DS and GBA.

    So you mean to tell me the Wii U is different? How? It's the exact same shit happening again. Are you being ignorant on purpose? It's not working.
    Wow, you used the "3DS card", you really believe that, don't you? I forgot Nintendo fanboys really believe it. It's all they have for the pitiful excuses of Wii U's poor sales. Nintendo should think about next time coming up with a better name for their platform that doesn't confuse the hell out of people and decent design and giving developers better,more solid hardware to work with.

    Pretty sad. The sales have spoken and they will continue to, also last I heard, 3DS' sales peaked last fall and are holding steady. 6 months? Wii U is already 8 months old and its still selling poorly, and there's nothing or any sales strategy of any kind Nintendo's put forth for it. They won't drop the price tag, they won't step up advertising and keep relying on the same tired old tactics that stopped working in 2009.

    And please stop using, the 1st party excuse. It doesn't work anymore, consumers aren't going to keep buying Mario 46,Zelda 25, over and over again.
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.


    In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

    All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".


    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:



    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

  6. #21
    Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,238
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Silver lining is Wii U is a disaster and even the Lost World announcement didn't make a dent in its poor sales.(May NPD numbers are in indicator that it didn't increase demand at all.)

    So what makes people think this is going to save the console?

    Because so far, its only getting those who already own the failure interested.
    Actually released games, not announcements, are what really affect sales. Come back next year, that's when we'll know whether the Wii U's fortunes have improved. Major titles don't really start coming until August.

    As for the price, Nintendo will drop the price at some point, but of course they won't admit it until the price-drop announcement is made -- Nintendo isn't '90s Sega, they aren't financially stupid. Dropping the price when there are no games coming out anytime soon, as there won't be until August, would be pointless. The price will drop closer to the end of the year.

  7. #22
    ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,522
    Rep Power
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Wow, you used the "3DS card", you really believe that, don't you? I forgot Nintendo fanboys really believe it. It's all they have for the pitiful excuses of Wii U's poor sales. Nintendo should think about next time coming up with a better name for their platform that doesn't confuse the hell out of people and decent design and giving developers better,more solid hardware to work with.

    Pretty sad. The sales have spoken and they will continue to, also last I heard, 3DS' sales peaked last fall and are holding steady. 6 months? Wii U is already 8 months old and its still selling poorly, and there's nothing or any sales strategy of any kind Nintendo's put forth for it. They won't drop the price tag, they won't step up advertising and keep relying on the same tired old tactics that stopped working in 2009.

    And please stop using, the 1st party excuse. It doesn't work anymore, consumers aren't going to keep buying Mario 46,Zelda 25, over and over again.
    ... What the fuck are you talking about? You speak as if the 3DS was some made up story, or it was successful from the start. Where were you when the 3DS launched? Here's some reading material for you. I actually have proof of the 3DS's rough start, unlike you:

    http://kotaku.com/5762730/its-not-ev...been-cancelled
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1..._Legends_3.php
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...sador-program/
    http://kotaku.com/5822519/whats-with...lled-3ds-games
    http://n4g.com/news/814748/ign-histo...-3ds-is-doomed

    Think you can argue against facts? 3DS had an absolutely abysmal first year. The Wii U is no different. At the very least, it cannot be ruled out until Nintendo brings out a price drop and some real first party games. Until that happens, it hasn't failed.

  8. #23
    Master of Shinobi MrSega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Actually released games, not announcements, are what really affect sales. Come back next year, that's when we'll know whether the Wii U's fortunes have improved. Major titles don't really start coming until August.

    As for the price, Nintendo will drop the price at some point, but of course they won't admit it until the price-drop announcement is made -- Nintendo isn't '90s Sega, they aren't financially stupid. Dropping the price when there are no games coming out anytime soon, as there won't be until August, would be pointless. The price will drop closer to the end of the year.
    I think the latter half of the year should be a final judgement. By then Wii U will be a year old. For now, I'd say the chances of Nintendo turning things around are fairly slim especially with its poor 3rd party support.

    Also there shouldn't be any doubt how disastrous the name is. People are still confused by Wii U and still think its an add-on for the Wii.
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.


    In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

    All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".


    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:



    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    4,395
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The orbi games will isntead feature sega's new mascot....mrsega.

    Didn't the snes also have a slow start?

  10. #25
    Road Rasher Sparksterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Webster, NY
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Let's hope this is more of a comic and not reality

    EDIT: I thought it would have given a thumbnail at least...well anywho it's the dorkly comic here: http://www.dorkly.com/comic/52283/ni...wii-u-strategy

    Attachment 7000
    Kiosk Documenting in progress!
    Sega Genesis w/DS-16 Pics uploaded Rough Video
    Xbox Kiosk Pics uploaded
    PS1 Kiosk Pics uploaded

  11. #26
    Master of Shinobi MrSega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparksterz View Post
    Let's hope this is more of a comic and not reality

    EDIT: I thought it would have given a thumbnail at least...well anywho it's the dorkly comic here: http://www.dorkly.com/comic/52283/ni...wii-u-strategy

    Attachment 7000

    Laugh out loud funny!

    Nintendo really thinks its smart to wait until 2014 while a few other more viable platforms launch and that a Sonic game is going to save them. SEGA's disorganized mascot with the most pariahic fanbase in the world is going to save Wii U?LOL!


    It might of worked if Wii U was doing well and had an established consumer base(outside of Nintendo) like Wii already had by this point in its life, but too bad it'll backfire.

    The June NPD numbers are going to be pretty interesting. It'll be funny seeing Wii U still struggle even though Xbox One had a disastrous PR start.
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.


    In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

    All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".


    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:



    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

  12. #27
    Hero of Algol TrekkiesUnite118's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Power
    128

    Default

    June NPD numbers wont matter because the status quo hasn't changed. There's still not many games worth owning for the Wii U and there wont be until late summer/fall of 2013.

  13. #28
    Master of Shinobi MrSega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,044
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    June NPD numbers wont matter because the status quo hasn't changed. There's still not many games worth owning for the Wii U and there wont be until late summer/fall of 2013.
    Did you ever consider the amount of SKUs each publisher is able to sell on the platform?

    I don't think games are going to save Wii U. Nintendo has already officially given up on 3rd party support for it.
    SEGA is the Messiah of Console Gaming.


    In July 2013, Exactly 164 months after Dreamcast launched, something BIG will happen at SEGA. Which is "ORBI" the world.

    All the NAYSAYERS will be silenced forever when Orbi get's its "Notice of Allowance".


    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517235.html The Beginning. Officially published in the OG:



    http://trademarks.justia.com/855/17/orbi-85517210.html July 2013. To the City and the World.

  14. #29
    Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,358
    Rep Power
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Nintendo has already officially given up on 3rd party support for it.
    Yet they have Sega making the next three Sonic games exclusive to their machine. And what is Sega? That's right, they're a third party company, regardless what you say.

  15. #30
    Hero of Algol TrekkiesUnite118's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,217
    Rep Power
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSega View Post
    Did you ever consider the amount of SKUs each publisher is able to sell on the platform?

    I don't think games are going to save Wii U. Nintendo has already officially given up on 3rd party support for it.
    Funny, I thought the main reason people bought consoles was to play games...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •