Quantcast

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: wolfenstein 3d demo for sega genesis

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I can't wait for the next update, this stuff is exciting.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I can't wait for the next update, this stuff is exciting.
    I know, just tried it on the Nomad and it's brilliant. There's some clever folks about.

I've been working on other enemies (by drawing), but meanwhile I will show a new version. I've added the option "Control" to select the type of control and configure, plus I made some changes here, first, to enter the menu, will now only the Start Button, and to configure the controls, these are the options:

For Controller 3 buttons can only be assigned A, B, or C, to Run, Fire, or Open, Open will always be with Strafe, and Weapon will be Run + Start, ie, if Run is assigned to button A, then it will be A + Start, if assigned to the B button, then it will be B + Start, etc..
    For the 6 button controller, you can assign A, B, C, X, Y, Z and M (mode) for any of the 5 actions: Run, Fire, Open, Strafe and Weapon.
    When you start the game will be in mode 3 buttons, I do not know if it would be better to automatically chose the 6-Button mode if present.

Also added routines for "pallete shift", which is used when the player takes damage (shift to red) and when you grab an item (shift to white / yellow), I've also added the routine so that when the player dies, it turns to look at the attacker, I also corrected some errors.
    Here is the version 6.3:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9z...ddemo_b6.3.rar

I wanted to show this version to see if the code for 6-Button Control is working properly, so if anyone has problems with the 6-Button Control, you can tell me.

I will also add the "Filters", but for this I have to change some things, but it's something I definitely have to add.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

^ Can't give you rep!! This is really coming together nicely. Going to download ASAP. So stoked to test it out. Can't play immediately, because of college

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Just had a quick razz on this using Kega 3.64. I'll test on hardware later. All functions seem to be working OK, though I haven't tried any multiple key press combos. As I understand these can be affected when using a computer's key board, depending on the keys specified I'll do another Kega test also.

Man this is ACE!

Hero of Algol

Awesome!!! Thanks for your incredible effort, gasega68k.

HARDWARE TESTS - EQUIPMENT USED
    ============== ==============

EverDrive V1 Flash cart, ROM - b6.3

Sega Nomad with region and Hz mod wired to the Select switch (can be disabled by holding the button when powering on, enabling the select button's normal use)

Works well with 3 button controller selected, plays properly (nice improvements over the last ROM); though when selecting 6 buttons the game hangs, also the music pauses and continually plays the note at which it was stopped.

I've disabled the region mod as above and still the same result. I'll try this later on my MegaDrive (PAL machine, same mod as the Nomad, only mapped to the reset switch, cannot be disabled), and when I have time to unscrew my Mega Everdrive I'll try it on this.

EDIT - I tried it on my PAL MD with the same results.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by cleeg; 02-23-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Road Rasher

Damn, if the piece of shit "NeoMyth" worked for me (got MD and SFC at the same time, neither ever worked!), I would try this out. Crap, I really need a Mega Everdrive. If only they were not so expensive

Quote Originally Posted by SegaSonic91 View Post
    Damn, if the piece of shit "NeoMyth" worked for me (got MD and SFC at the same time, neither ever worked!), I would try this out. Crap, I really need a Mega Everdrive. If only they were not so expensive
    Check your PM box, I've sent you a message

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegaSonic91 View Post
    Damn, if the piece of shit "NeoMyth" worked for me
    What's the problem with it?

HARDWARE TESTS - EQUIPMENT USED
    ============== ==============

Mega EverDrive Flash cart, OS 8, FW 6, ROM - b6.3

Sega Nomad with region and Hz mod wired to the Select switch (can be disabled by holding the button when powering on, enabling the select button's normal use)

Same results as last time, all the same things tried. Only tried on the Nomad.

I decided to make some box art for fun. It's a WIP, need to paint-in some stuff on the artwork and finish off the blurb and add another screenshot. Shouldn't be too difficult.

All the graphics are in vector, including the Sega Genesis logo which I made from scratch in inkscape. The typefaces are a pretty close match to the originals too. The box art style is based on the very early Sega Genesis releases since I always had a soft spot for them. Also note the screenshots that look like they're photographed :P

EDIT: Heres the genesis logo for the hell of it:
    Last edited by SwissCM; 02-24-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Shake well before use Master of Shinobi Robotwo's Avatar

Had totally forgotten how awesome the original Wolfenstein 3D cover art was.

Best part is how he fires his minigun, ALL BARRELS AT ONCE :P

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    What's the problem with it?
    It just does nothing. When I first got both carts, it too ages for my computer and the flashing program to see the thing. The MD one was better at being recognised but the SFC version was a pain in the arse. The weird thing was, if I wet my finger and rubbed it on the contact of the little flash card thing, it worked. It was never usable on the MD though. Games constantly froze or reset of their own accord.

I haven't touched either of the things since a few weeks after I got them but did try the MD cart a week ago. I did the finger trick and after a few tries, managed to get it to work and even played games for a while. Since then, nothing at all. No matter what I did, the MD would not recognise it nor would the flasher program. Well, the light on the cart is on but nothing happens. Sometimes it will show the TMSS, but just stayed black afterwards. I even tried the SFC flash card in it to see if it worked but still nothing. The SFC needed the "finger trick" from the first time I used it, unlike the MD. It did play games without problems once it loaded a game though. Doubt it'll work now. To think I paid more for those things than a Mega Everdrive and SD2SNES would cost today, grr, it really pisses me off.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Robotwo View Post
    Best part is how he fires his minigun, ALL BARRELS AT ONCE :P
    Not the part where he holds the entire thing with only one hand? Not even the Terminator managed that.

Thread Information